It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is being used to divide us - here's how to beat it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have for a long time thought that racism, or rather the spectre of it is being used to divide us.

People want to jump on the bandwagon and use the word to demonise other people, to discredit them immediately from any form of rational debate and win an argument by default.

We as a people need to stick together and overcome the horrible monsters otherwise known as politicians who will use such divise measures to have us fighting each other, instead of them.

Well here's a great story and the antithesis to the propaganda that we are fed daily.

Hats of to Mr Chowdhury - if only we could all take such a pragmatic approach instead of resorting to retaliation, hatred, and retribution

Respect is due:

www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk...

edit on 31-5-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

it isnt about the racism as much to me. I think it is about the difference in CULTURE.

I dont like certain cultures in my nation, leave your culture in the country it is from.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

S&F for a heartwarming story that shows just how people integrate in this country and we should all be proud of men like Mr Chowdhury and also his abuser who have shown, even after insults, friendship can flourish. Good spirits should always be welcome here.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
One would have though Race would be consider Outdated by now!

Yet Grouping is whats its all about! And theirs a fool on top Keeping it so! Glad I come with 57 different colors or at least Blended anyways!

Peace

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

I dont like certain cultures in my nation, leave your culture in the country it is from.

I'll go out on a limb here and take a guess: you live in London and are sick of the Muslim populace..?

If so, many can sympathize, even 4000 miles away.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I think that has been going on for a long time OP. But you are right, we have been conditioned for many generations to be racist. It divides us.

I do not look at a black person as different, but I do look at attitude. I have known some real nice black people, and I also knew some really jerky ones. The majority are ok, just like me but a little different. Same with all the other races in the world, they all have their good people and their overpowering jerks. If you look at the religions you will find the same things. But remember, the majority of people are good people, some may have been misled though.

The idea of government is actually to divide people to keep them arguing amongst themselves. This way they do not revolt against those in charge. Government plays this out to cause tension and acts like the good guy after things stir up. People often don't even know they are participating in this scheme, they aren't looking at the whole picture.

I am not racist, but I dislike people who abuse things. This happens in the racial scene a lot. By trying to overcorrect something, it increases tension between the people, creating an unfair situation. We stole this land from the Indians, they deserve a little extra, but if we accepted them better into society they could be working right alongside of us on jobs. Some are crabby because they hold grudges but then again most Native Americans are good people. We are all surfs, we just don't know it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

it isnt about the racism as much to me. I think it is about the difference in CULTURE.

Precisely.

Culture is what binds a people, not race.

A great way to destroy a nation is the dilute its culture, fracturing the population base and turning them against one another. Even better when you can get that people to praise the dilution, and cheer on their own cultural deaths.

Its about dividing to conquer, of course.

And its working.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Well th ebad thing is. More and more evidence shows we are all decended from a small pool of tribes that spread out across the globe. SO actually in th eend all we have are Differing ETHNIC BACKROUNDS but not diffrent RACES. Ther eis only ONE RACE on EARTH and that is HUMANS.

The governments though like to keep using "race" because its simple and si so indoctrinated into us. Time for a change.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

A great way to destroy a nation is the dilute its culture, fracturing the population base and turning them against one another. Even better when you can get that people to praise the dilution, and cheer on their own cultural deaths

Culture isn't immutable, it's constantly evolving. This dilution nonsense is the same sort of backwards thinking behind every instance of ethnic cleansing, ever.

Are false allegations of racism leveled for political gain? Sure. Does that mean racism doesn't exist? Absolutely not.

Ever heard of Stormfront? Stormfront Website Posters Have Murdered Almost 100 People
How about popular racist website chimpout.com?
Ever seen /r/racism on Imgur?
How about /r/whiterights on Reddit?
Did you all forget the deluge of racist tweets over last year's Miss America? Refresh your memories.

Remember Republican Minnesota State Representative Pat Garofalo's racist tweet from a few months ago?

Let's be honest, 70% of teams in NBA could fold tomorrow + nobody would notice a difference w/ possible exception of increase in streetcrime.

How about the controversy over the below picture that stirred up quite a lot of "division" in 2008. It's from the personal Facebook page of Rand Paul's then campaign spokesperson, Chris Hightower:

I don't believe the majority of people are bigots but I'm not going to pretend bigotry doesn't exist.
edit on 2014-5-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 2014-5-31 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
All alive today have had lineages that stretches back to the first life forms. Racists would like to have people believe that surviving to this date through a separate lineage or that being the losers of war for a mere fraction that is 50 or even 200 years makes you less deserving. They want you to believe that you are less and they want you to forget the amazing infinity that your amazing ancestry led up to, YOU.

What they will never admit is that we are all the royal inheritors of this Earth, it goes in their favor to have some groups think less of themselves so they become easier to dominate. After all only so many can be king, I really doubt that those on this earth who want to play master would want to share their square footage up at the top of society.

We are all Royals.

a reply to: theantediluvian

Not just that. Try going to any City-Data forum. Regardless of Demographic and do searches for racial slurs and negative connotation.
Eg. Go to Long Island, NY city data and do a search for "Brown" or go to Oahu, HI "Micronesian" often coupled with the advice to "stay far away from" and "less desirable" and often recommending schools based on the racial demographic being more "pure" to their standards.

It's incredible how far bigotry goes after we've had countless Martyrs today die to protect us from bigoted division. It seems as though since slavery is abolished and Imperialism is coming to an end, we have countless confused family lines angry at their declining status and resorting to understanding the rise and fall of their wealth as due to the meddling of the "less worthy". Hardly fascinating but very strongly more disturbing than anything.

A town nearby me also had a dumping scandal where hundreds of thousands of pounds of asbestos containing debris were loaded into the hispanic and black neighborhoods of town IN 2014. Search Town of Islip dumping scandal, search the demographics of the immediate region, municipalities and tell me that hate crime isn't still strong.

America was once considered great only by those who were privileged enough to speak. I highly doubt any slave would have called America "great" during the colonial era or that any Cambodian, Chinese or otherwise exploited region would have called America iconic in behavior during the Imperial era. Now that even Imperialism is being shunned on the global stage and we are being outdone by China and made for in bad light by Europe (spying scandals) we are being isolated by the world and will only further focus on ourselves.

People are drawing lines and I hope not but forsee that this pointless and shallow Americans bashing Americans will only become worse. We apparently like to treat each other worse than we treat ACTUAL enemies.

We are all royals. And yet the uncivilized racist pigs would rather focus on social food chains of dominance based on so called levels of inheritance and fabricated differences in their rights.

edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Delighted - somebody finally sees it - I've watched this for a very long time and have always been amazed that people just can't see it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

I'll go out on a limb here and take a guess: you live in London and are sick of the Muslim populace..?

Muslims I can live with. They are peaceful people despite their reputation in the jewish media.

Indian, Pakistan and Chinese need to check their BS at the door. They totally effed their countries up with their cultural crap and now the infection is spreading.

I believ3 in interracial breeding but I don't understand why you would want to leave your home country and it's culture to go to another country where you have no wish to live any other way than you did in your home nation.

They come here to take advantage of resources. Spend only in their cultural community and send ehat ever us left back to their old country.

We are under attack!
edit on 31-5-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
People who are always decrying other people who fight against racism because they want to deny the reality of it, for whatever reasons, many themselves are guilty of a form of intolerance.

It’s like people against the death penalty that condemns it but never condemn the murderers.

You say to them: If there were no murderers there would be no death penalty…that never strikes their wisdom bone.

As when you say to the people always complaining about people who fight racism:
If there were no racism there wouldn’t be organizations like the NAACP or other activists against racism, whom some may in-fact use it to advance other agendas…

You never deal with the source of racism that is racism itself. You marginalize the human beings who fight racism and its ramifications, and accuse some of them of the human frailty of exaggerating the situation. These people of course aren’t perfect so at times some of them may fall into mistakes in fighting racism…and there may be demagogues in the mix…
But if humans were perfect there would be no racism in the first place.

So what is your issue?
Racism or the fact that there may be some who struggle against it and there may be demagogues amongst them

Or is your problem demagoguery, in general or specifically as it relates to civil rights

Well there are demagogues in ALL issues

You have a big fight ahead of you then; that is unless you really have issues with race yourself and are using your interest in people who fight racism to mask these issues.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If people weren't actually racist politicians couldn't use it as a weapon. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. Just like these people here claiming they aren't racists but dislike other cultures. Its a cop out, a way to be racist without admitting it's actually the color of these people that actually bothers you.

I watch a video the other day of a black woman confronting kkk members. You know what the kkk members said? We're not racist, we just want to be separate. Same thing at work in this thread. By claiming not to be racist you get people to actually engage in conversation with you. But once you speak the racism is very apparent.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: acmpnsfal

Since when is a CULTURE a RACE?

cul·ture
[kuhl-cher]
noun
the quality in a person or society that arises from a concern for what is regarded as excellent in arts, letters, manners, scholarly pursuits, etc.
that which is excellent in the arts, manners, etc.
a particular form or stage of civilization, as that of a certain nation or period: Greek culture.
development or improvement of the mind by education or training.
the behaviors and beliefs characteristic of a particular social, ethnic, or age group: the youth culture; the drug culture.
Anthropology . the sum total of ways of living built up by a group of human beings and transmitted from one generation to another.

SO acording to the definition disliking a culture is not racism. That would be CULTUREISM.

Racism is also a misnomer anyway since we have found out were all practically related anyway.

The correct term would be ETHNICISM or ETHNICIST Since there is just one "race" of people on this planet and that is the HUMAN RACE alone.

SO stop falling for the Government Kool aid.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
You can cure racism in a person. Forced eye operations whereby permanent green or orange contact lenses are super glued to the eyeball of the inflicted racist, all people suddenly the same colour, problem solved.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

LOL

Hanz the racist Zionist Henry back in force...

Your posts are pollution. Your obvious hate for Muslims seems to be a sickness.
Your girlfriend probably left you for a Muslim.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey, you know what I don't understand?

In the military (outsider observation); racism is pretty much non-existent.

I bet all kinds of racial infighting takes place on the battlefield; brothers in arms?

I hope the POTUS isn't racist and making the top brass he may be prejudiced against all resign?

Throw a couple brothers in the mix to create a misty fog?

Racism only affects those who allow it to?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

LOL

Hanz the racist Zionist Henry back in force...

Your posts are pollution. Your obvious hate for Muslims seems to be a sickness.
Your girlfriend probably left you for a Muslim.

I didnt mention the muslim part, the only part that is mine was the first line.
a. i dont live in London, I live in the USA. although I hold a heavy heart for my brothers in UK and hate how the country has been flooded with people from M.E. and Africa.

b. I was actually thinking of and referring to the latin culture destruction of the southwest, primarily the once beautiful southern California.

The anger and disgust in Europe over the muslim invasion is something I feel is quite similar to the latin invasion in the states, and the asian invasion of my Canadian brothers.

To me, US, Canada, Australia, UK and South Africa are all my kin, and we are under massive cultural attack and that disgusts me.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

I am not aZionist. that is Khazar, and they are the "false" Jews.

And I am racist with my mixed wife and kids and my filipina daughter from previous marriage.

So, I have 3 mixed race kids and 1 mixed wife and one filipina ex.

real racist..

CULTURE... not race.
edit on 1-6-2014 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join