It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindblowing HD COLOUR footage from 114 years ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Pretty awesome I have to say. I remember my old grandpa saying to me life was simpler back then, I look at this clip that is so clear and in colour and think, this city is as busy as today only the vehicles have changed and the fashion, i guess this has always been the case back through time in the major cosmopolitan areas.
good one gramps! lol

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced
a reply to: WeAre0ne

This is the last time i make a thread like this
instead of focusing on the point, of how real and precious life is, and how short life spans are, people just want to focus on the technical aspects, very sad

Agreed, excellent points...

A few mentioned that everyone in the video is now dead.

Anyone whose ever experienced an NDE will vouch for the fact that every person in that video is still just as alive as they were in the video, even more so in fact.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

instead of focusing on the point, of how real and precious life is, and how short life spans are, people just want to focus on the technical aspects, very sad

Agreed, excellent points...

A few mentioned that everyone in the video is now dead.

Anyone whose ever experienced an NDE will vouch for the fact that every person in that video is still just as alive as they were in the video, even more so in fact.

Yeh i`m pretty sure not just souls reincarnate but people reincarnate as similar appearance

theres tons of people in the video that its almost like some of them look like people ive seen in real life, but then i need to remind myself this was 115 years ago

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That was a powerful video. Someone put a lot of work into it because it looks like it was shot within the last 10 years. I don't know why, but it brought tears to my eyes. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
That is very cool indeed, yes the color is artificial but thats ok.

Its strange to see everyone with their heads up looking around and not head down burred into an ipad/smartphone/laptop.

There is a strange calmness to everyone, content and alert. Fantastic little find! S+F

I simply have to comment on your comment.

Do you long for this serenity? You with your 4000+ postings and 7000+ flags?

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Please continue to post if you find more interesting stuff.
Some like the content some like to be technical. But it's still worth it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Absolutely enjoyed this video. It really has me looking at life and how short it really is. So awesome to see life back then and how simple but extremely beautiful it was then. *Bravo*

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They are all ghosts now.

Still - they enjoyed life like no one now remembers it.

Fantastic.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr I'm so glad you posted this and hope you post other interesting threads!!!

everyone walking around and they all had really good posture,even the old people, and didn't see any fat people.....it really gave me goosebumps seeing into the past like that.....so many people very busy even back then!!!!!

it was such a treat to see something like this

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

originally posted by: Biigs
That is very cool indeed, yes the color is artificial but thats ok.

Its strange to see everyone with their heads up looking around and not head down burred into an ipad/smartphone/laptop.

There is a strange calmness to everyone, content and alert. Fantastic little find! S+F

I simply have to comment on your comment.

Do you long for this serenity? You with your 4000+ postings and 7000+ flags?

I get paid to use a computer all day - only it doesnt take me all day to actually do what i have to so in the gaps, i sit here on ATS so i at least look busy all the time.

Im a dork. I am okay with this. When i go out i try to leave my phone alone when im on a bus or walking around, unless somone actually phones me or i really need to google somthing, i dont touch it.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I had heard that the roads were a mess back when there were horses, and women could hardly cross the street without dirtying their long skirts. Obviously not in Berlin! Those streets were immaculate!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Seriously? You posted this so you could get a specific type of response and only that one type of response, so the only proper result would be 20 pages of the same post, no discussion of anything technical or I'll take my ball and go home! Just tell us what to say next time, if there is a next time. Suit yourself but I enjoyed the clip and people will discuss it in their own way. It's not like anyone was criticizing it, just talking about how the colo(u)r got there, why is that sad? Sheesh.

edit on 6/1/2014 by lindalinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I agree. I think this was just remastered. There appears to be some scenes where they didn't do the color adjustment, where in some of the larger crowd shots some people are still in black and white.

HD color film didn't exist then I am pretty certain, this is just remastered footage of black and white.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That was amazing, hopefully there are more.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

Awesome find & post. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

Absolutely incredible footage, thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Awesome footage but also sad to see just how things change so fast and time seems to slip away from the beauty of an era. I wonder what they will say 100 years from now looking back at our daily lives captured on film.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
First of all, Thank You for posting this!!

I don't know if the music aided this, but I felt so much sadness. Like I almost longed to be part of a much simpler time.

I was mesmerized completely. So thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Great Video.
Here is one of london in 1926, sure it's a little newer than the OP but it's still incredible footage

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not sure why anyone is surprised that the matrix can produce fabricated colour historical footage.

In all seriousness, it's amazing to catch a glimpse of this era. And to think I am often captivated by the reality produced in Mad Men (Sorry been binge watching this week).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join