It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy : When women outnumber men.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

They say men would be reduced in number...i.e men are going to be killed off or die. Its not a good thing and is the opposite of misogny.

Men are going to be killed off BY EACH OTHER. They just can't seem to learn patience, tolerance, respect, and coexistence.
Women will grab the kids and run.

Men are VIOLENT.

But - perhaps you are just excited about the 42 virgins in your paradise???

Without women, this world would collapse immediately. Fewer men? No problem. No women? End of specie.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

They say men would be reduced in number...i.e men are going to be killed off or die. Its not a good thing and is the opposite of misogny.

Men are going to be killed off BY EACH OTHER. They just can't seem to learn patience, tolerance, respect, and coexistence.
Women will grab the kids and run.

Men are VIOLENT.

But - perhaps you are just excited about the 42 virgins in your paradise???

Without women, this world would collapse immediately. Fewer men? No problem. No women? End of specie.
stay on topic.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Stay on topic?

From the OP:

There definitely IS something to these prophecies, leaving us to wonder what might cause such a dramatic change in male/female ratios.
The most obvious explanation is that it would be caused by a massive war in which most men are killed.

My post WAS directly on topic.
War is a thing men do, declare, call for, and execute on command from other men.

HATEFULNESS is a problem.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Stay on topic?

From the OP:

There definitely IS something to these prophecies, leaving us to wonder what might cause such a dramatic change in male/female ratios.
The most obvious explanation is that it would be caused by a massive war in which most men are killed.

My post WAS directly on topic.
War is a thing men do, declare, call for, and execute on command from other men.

HATEFULNESS is a problem.
thats not the subject of the op, is it? Address the passages presented in the OP from a theological perspective.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Theologically, I don't believe in prophecies.
So - I'm out. Sorry to have disturbed you.

edit on 6/1/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

ETA: I just looked again at the OP. A scripture from some Hadith, and another from the OT...

when all it takes is common sense to realize that war is evil? That many, many men will die? It's history. It's current events. Men hire other men to kill their enemies.

You say, "God knows best" - and what does that mean?
That you agree with the prophecy? That you are planning for the time?

but yeah....never mind. I just watched an awesome couple of documentaries yesterday about the people of ancient Iran - Persepolis (Passa), specifically. The Persian Empire was built around tolerance. In Vino Veritas. Alexander the Great decided they were barbarians.
He was wrong.

Would you like me to link those videos for you???

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Are you talking about the natural innate aggression found in primates ... especially humans? And that the male of the species is usually more aggressive than the female? There is an evolutionary aspect. That would be an excellent thread topic of it's own. The tie in to this thread could be that the 'prophecy' was really just an understanding that humans will be aggressive and territorial. Whoever wrote the prophecy could have been very understanding about human motivations and human behaviors. The prophecy could have come from that understanding ... common sense. Or it could have come from metaphysical forces. We weren't there ... so I guess we'll never know in this life time.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Whoever wrote the prophecy could have been very understanding about human motivations and human behaviors. The prophecy could have come from that understanding ... common sense. Or it could have come from metaphysical forces. We weren't there ... so I guess we'll never know in this life time.

That's what I'm saying.....
common sense.

And don't we all love the feeling of being able to say, "Neener-neener-neener! I told you so!!"

Sometimes those foresights got written down, other times they didn't. But....I hear ya.
I like to think I have a grasp on human nature/behaviors - yet every day I learn more.
I'm not a firm 'materialist' - so metaphysical processes are to be considered, yes.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You know why men die earlier?

BECAUSE WE CAN!

Imagine, an entire planet run by the same people that read "50 Shades of Grey".

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1-6-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join