It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy : When women outnumber men.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Islam teaches that in the future women would outnumber men.

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 81:
Narrated Anas:
I will narrate to you a Hadith and none other than I will tell you about after it. I heard Allah's Apostle saying: From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):
1. Religious knowledge will decrease (by the death of religious learned men).
2. Religious ignorance will prevail.
3. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.
4. Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.

Comment : The fifty women includes the mans unmarried siblings, daughters, nieces, cousins etc.

Strangely, the book of Isaiah also foretells a time when women would outnumber men.

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, “We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!” - Isaiah 4:1

I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir. - Isaiah 13:12
Comment : The Hebrew word used for "precious" is yaqar, which can also mean to "make rare" or "make scarce". See: Lexicon

There definitely IS something to these prophecies, leaving us to wonder what might cause such a dramatic change in male/female ratios.
The most obvious explanation is that it would be caused by a massive war in which most men are killed.

God knows best.

edit on 31-5-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I look forward to it. 7 to 1...hell, I'll start a business. Flashing neon sign saying "Men Here. Best Prices In Town."

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Haven't women outnumbered men in, like, forever?

The main reason, as far as I know, that women are not outnumbering men even more, is policies like those of China, that has caused so many murders of infant girls.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sk0rpi0n

We already do. We always have. It's common knowledge.

** ETA ..
I'm joking .... folks aren't getting it so I'm editing this in to tell ya', it's a joke.
But hat tip to Boymonkey for getting it.

edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Nightmare .. women can be more cold-blooded and vindictive than men ..
Not all are but theres enough to cause me to be extremely particular when it comes to getting involved with them ..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The Isaiah ch4 prophecy is about the men of the nation being killed in battle (see previous two verses).
The Isaiah ch13 prophecy is probably about the human race in general (depopulation) rather than the male gender specifically.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
While at first I thought hooray I just imageined all the nagging we would get If we had seven each...so no thanks not gonna happen.

edit on 31-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: editied to keep the peace...dunno why I should though disgusting.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Lol.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Lol.

bwahahahaaaa

Seriously though ... Global Census documentation says that the population of men and women is about equal until age 55 ... then women outnumber men. The men die off earlier. Obviously the 'prophecies' are about men going to war and women surviving. However, those 'prophecies' are most likely human in origin and not God because ... both men and women go off to war now and there are no 'front lines'. The entire world is the war zone. Men and women, young and old, civilian and warrior ... all get killed in war. So that 50 to 1 prophecy is just a human from that time frame speaking ... probably painting a picture with words ... making a point about a big war. Saying a big war is coming sometime in the future isn't prophecy .. it's just common sense.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've got one good one...my dog. Unfortunately, I don't find her attractive sexually and so I am forced to deal with crazy homo sapiens females to gratify biological urges. One is hard to put up with. I don't even want to think about dealing with seven of them.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

We already do. We always have.
Not in the ratios mentioned in Isaiah and the Hadith. 7:1 happens after a catastrophic war.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

With all due respect Fan, men now outnumber women due to sex selective abortion and rampant female infanticide world wide.

However, in one respect you are correct, more females are conceived than males by something like (approx) 102-107 females for every 100 males.

These prophecies are simply a male fantasy by the writer. Islam especially loves its misogynistic male fantasies about women. Isiah was written during a very repressive time for women when men felt like Islamists do now, that the only way to be certain a child belonged to a particular male was to put the women in a symbolic cage (ie burka, go nowhere without their leash (man), etc.

Back to the OP - However, unless there is a world wide virus that kills only males, in this day and age of sex selective abortion and female infanticide, males will outnumber females until......

here you are correct Fan as women outlive men ..... past the reproductive age, which they do now.

The misogynistic prophetic fantasies are about nubile women but the reality is that currently
it is not until about the age of menopause that women outnumber men.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The Isaiah ch4 prophecy is about the men of the nation being killed in battle (see previous two verses).
The Isaiah ch13 prophecy is probably about the human race in general (depopulation) rather than the male gender specifically.

isaiah 13, the word used ''enoshe'' while also used to say ''people'', can also refer ''males''.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

BS

en.wikipedia.org...

en.worldstat.info...

All show more men than women...so wrong you are.

Go on show me your evidence then.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

These prophecies are simply a male fantasy by the writer.
You are reading misogyny into the passages. They say men would be reduced in number...i.e men are going to be killed off or die. Its not a good thing and is the opposite of misogny.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If they are males, they are males falling by the sword in battle (again).
See following verses, vv13-16

edit on 31-5-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
It was a joke. Boymonkey got it. See my second post with the statistics.
Male and female populations are pretty much even up until age 55 or so.
Then women outnumber men. We live longer.

The 'prophecy' was just someone making a point about big wars coming. But the people making the 'prophecies' didn't really get their information from supernatural forces. They weren't seeing visions of the future. War in this day and age wouldn't leave a bunch of women alive and very few men. War isn't a 'man thing' anymore. It's an 'all of humanity' thing. Everyone dies in war these days. There is no front line.

Saying that war will happen at some point in the future isn't a prophecy. It's just common sense. I could say the same thing, but that doesn't make me a prophet. That just means that I have common sense.

edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: bold

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don't think that will ever happen, mother nature has a way of balancing our population. It's been proven that after big wars more boys are born: In peacetime about 105 boys are born for every 100 girls. During and just after wars the ratio mysteriously increases to about 108 boys for every 100 girlsn(The Times magazine).

In fact it's the opposite, the number of girls in the world is getting smaller and smaller, especially in some countries that are heavily populated, but the figures will affec the future of the whole planet:

Killed, aborted or neglected, at least 100m girls have disappeared—and the number is rising.
For millions of couples, the answer is: abort the daughter, try for a son. In China and northern India more than 120 boys are being born for every 100 girls. Nature dictates that slightly more males are born than females to offset boys' greater susceptibility to infant disease. But nothing on this scale.
www.economist.com...

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You're living in fantasy land if you believe that war isn't a man thing any more...

The vast majority of casualties in a war would still be men. That's even if only the armies fought, in a war with the number of casualties that they are referring to here, it would be even more so because the general population would be fighting as well and women would be forced to stay home and protect the children. That isn't sexism, that's just the reality.

Jaden

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
You're living in fantasy land if you believe that war isn't a man thing any more...

You missed the entire point. The theme of this thread is that there will be a massive war or two. IF there is a war of that size .. it won't matter who is on the battlefield. A war that big will wipe out everyone no matter where they are.
edit on 5/31/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join