It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans Affairs police caused fatal stroke by beating patient ‘tired of waiting’.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
thefreethoughtproject.com

A veteran died of a stroke after Veterans Affairs police beat him because he refused to wait any longer for treatment at a VA hospital in California. Now his widow is suing the government over the brutality that led to his death. Jonathan Montano had been at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital in Loma Linda, Calif. for four hours with a shunt (a needle apparatus) in his arm, awaiting dialysis. Tired of biding his time, he decided to head to a different VA hospital in Long Beach, and asked his wife Norma to get the car. But instead of allowing the patient to leave – with the shunt still in his arm so the Long Beach staff wouldn’t have to insert a new one – Loma Linda nurses called VA police, who beat him to keep him from leaving, Courthouse News Service reported, citing the lawsuit by Norma Montano.

With the VA in the midst of a scandal already, what is really going on with the breakdown of administration protocol? I'm still processing this...hits close to home with a father that had a stroke while in VA care.

to be continued...
edit on Sat May 31 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I'm calling BS on this one, VA police dont get involved in matters like this, he was leaving AMA

ETA: Link didnt even link to the story
edit on 5/30/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Regardless of where he was leaving.....it says a lot about the strange turn in the attitude of the cops or rent a cops or whatever they were....even the lowly private security guards are beginning to act like cops gone wild.....
The quick resort to violent and deadly force is standard operating procedure.....almost universally....
I think it is time that the psyche exams of these types of occupations be more closely examined for" ultimate authority disorder..".which seems to be running rampant through most police departments.....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
thefreethoughtproject.com

Norma, who had been waiting in the car for her husband, went inside after he did not leave the hospital. There, she was told Jonathan had suffered a stroke and was in the emergency department. Upon arriving in the ER, a doctor told her Jonathan “had fallen down and suffered a stroke, an untrue statement,” she says in the complaint.

But later on, a nurse pulled Norma aside and told her what had really happened: that police had thrown her husband to the ground, that hospital staff were lying to her and that it wasn’t right what the VA cops had done, CNS reported.

The incident occurred on May 25, 2011, and Jonathan died of complications from the stroke two-and-a-half weeks later, on June 11. He was 65. The couple had been married for 44 years.

Fixed your link, terrible what happened. Sounds like LEO excessive force again...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's A Working Link

I like how there are comments already...

Homeboy above beat me to it. Coming back to comment after I read the article.
edit on 3020140520141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

M'kay. Read the link, and the link from the link. I don't see any actual information that doesn't sound like hearsay. No autopsy, no sworn statements of actual witnesses. There's a good chance this actually happened the way it's being portrayed, but I'm not blindly believing it. As always, there is a chance I missed some evidence that would make me change my mind. I also take issue with police being called if a man is just trying to walk away from treatment. Then again I don't see any proof that's all that happened. For all I know the guy assaulted someone and that's why police became involved.
edit on 3120140520141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

But where is your ATS spirit? It is far more fun, and fashionable to scream about hideous outrages than to wait a day or two until actual information is available. You've been around, you should know that.

Now what's going to happen is that the first report isn't quite accurate, and the emerging story will be more complex than expected. That will take most of the fun out of it, but we can still enjoy watching two groups of posters calling back and forth "It is horrendous. No it isn't. Yes, it is. No it isn't."

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

I forgot. ATS loves to bandwagon something until both sides come out and the topic is dropped and people that jumped to conclusions feel vindicated because they got stars, even though they had no facts.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
One good thing in the suing process is there will soon by autopsy facts, if they're covered up and she will soon be shaking the monkey tree really hard to see what drops out, so that things will come to light, that will support what she was told instead of what they seem to be covering up.

But not believing something based on an opinion is foolish. This one fits into a probability scale, and you wait for the real coronary evidence.
edit on 31-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer
Hey guys, link works on my end but it may be because of cookies. So, hxxp://thefreethoughtproject.com/veteran-cop-steals-shoes-and-cash-during-supposed-drug-raid-no-drugs-found/

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As I said earlier with the VA in the midst of a scandal already, what is really going on with the breakdown of administration protocol? I'm still processing this...hits close to home with a father that had a stroke while in VA care. Now, this could be a bit fabricated, but considering the VA's history with dealing with veteran patients, I'm not going to totally throw this out as fabricated. We are now seeing coming to light brave souls "whistelblowing" on abuse both physical and verbal on veteran patients. Most importantly, people forget a man like Ron Kovic who wrote Born on the Fourth of July, died because of lack of quality treatment at VA hospitals, which we can argue was intentional due to his whistleblowing on life a vet after a trauma incident leaves you paralyzed.

Or it could be a nice and pretty bowed way of the OBAMA Administration to get some attenetion off their asses and avoid another scandal by having their version of Joe the Plumber in an event that may take a turn to show how vets scheme the system. #Conspiracy hehehe
edit on Sat May 31 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

top topics

join