It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California school guard attacks disabled teen in wheelchair. video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A scumbag school security guard was caught on video attacking a 17 year old student in a wheelchair.

If that was my kid I would be so mad.This guy is just wheeling him down the hall and starts hitting him. wth.

It looks like the kid said something to him because the security guard bends over like what did you say then just starts smacking.

I wonder if he feels like a tough guy?

eta www.chicagotribune.com...

He is facing felony charges.

edit on 30-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
How the hell do you justify beating a disabled teen in a wheelchair

Seriously, i mean, no,seriously, how ?

it sickens me...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Martinez told KTVU what was not caught on the surveillance video clip was the guard beating him and throwing him to the ground in the elevator just minutes before.

"Throws me to the corner of the elevator and then grabs my chair," said Martinez.

Martinez says the incident began when the officer tried to clear the hall and grabbed Martinez's wheelchair to push him to class. The student says he protested and told the officer to let go of the chair. He says after an argument, the guard handcuffed him. He admits spitting at the guard in protest just before the beating on the tape.

"I was handcuffed, so I didn't have no way to defend myself but my mouth," Martinez said.

Martinez, who has cerebral palsy, says he had been going to therapy to strengthen his legs so he could try to walk. He says when he told the guard he was in pain, the guard cursed at him.

"He tells me like that, 'I don't give a ***! I hope you don't walk for two to three weeks,'" Martinez said.

Link

Even more than what is on the video. What is wrong with people in security.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
WTF? REALLY???? the kid might have said something, But REALLY? The guy smacked him like 5 or 6 times, and HARD.

I hope that guy gets jail time.

Things like this makes me want to puke, which is what this guard is worth apparently.

If it were me, and my kid, I'd sue the school, and him.

But at the end of the trial, I'd make a statement of how he did morally wrong.

But I guess most people now a days don't have morals. Which is sad. We wonder why America is in the shape it is now????

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyWarp

It was not justified as far as I can tell. The school guard was fired and is now facing criminal charges so it looks like the system is working. Another interesting fact is that there is a video out so it appears that no one is hiding anything and corrective actions are underway. Bad things happen and people make mistakes. It’s nice to see good people out there attempting to prevent such things from happening.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The security guard uh.. feared for his safety, yeah. Because uh... the kid reached for his waistband. Yeah, that's it.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I used to work with all sorts of disabled kids in a school...safe to say, if I ever saw someone treating any of my kids like that it would have ended very badly....

what a scumbag.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is an animal, not a human. No human would do this to a handicapped human no matter what was said. How can you get mad at someone handicapped? They have a right to be grouchy. They have a right to complain. This scumbag needs to go to solitaire for 5 years. Then 3 years of big rock little rock.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Martinez told KTVU what was not caught on the surveillance video clip was the guard beating him and throwing him to the ground in the elevator just minutes before.

"Throws me to the corner of the elevator and then grabs my chair," said Martinez.

Martinez says the incident began when the officer tried to clear the hall and grabbed Martinez's wheelchair to push him to class. The student says he protested and told the officer to let go of the chair. He says after an argument, the guard handcuffed him. He admits spitting at the guard in protest just before the beating on the tape.

"I was handcuffed, so I didn't have no way to defend myself but my mouth," Martinez said.

Martinez, who has cerebral palsy, says he had been going to therapy to strengthen his legs so he could try to walk. He says when he told the guard he was in pain, the guard cursed at him.

"He tells me like that, 'I don't give a ***! I hope you don't walk for two to three weeks,'" Martinez said.

Link

Even more than what is on the video. What is wrong with people in security.

whats wrong with them...they failed the police exam and now use any means possible to beat on people...they are angry because they wanted the badge to be immune from rules

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyWarp

Seriously, i mean, no,seriously, how ?

it sickens me...

It's easy. If you're on a power trip, with total control over a wheelchair bound kid, and you have a major inferiority problem yourself, them you could probably (maybe) justify it to yourself.

The real question is, how the hell did the local authorities not catch the offender's problems before employing them. Perhaps they were offering such low wages that they were forced to accept any applicant?

edit on 30-5-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Another shocking video of a disabled person being beaten by those that they should be able to trust and look to for protection.

Its open warefare on the disabled now since the governments took the lead in reducing their status to that of the lowest castes and the scroungers and the useless eaters. More and more sick, twisted, bitter and small minded little pyschopaths are being put into these positions by the higher ups.

Every day the western world steps closer to what Germany was in the 1930's.

First they came for the.......

edit on 30-5-2014 by Drums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I saw some kids want to get involved but they were pulled away...wild horses couldn't drag me off this guy...just give me 10 mins with him.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Abuse isn't limited to kids in wheelchairs. Watch the first 5 minutes of this.

It's shocking beyond belief.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed

This video can never be brought up enough times. Thanks for the timely reminder.

Things don't change for th better they only get worse.
edit on 30-5-2014 by Drums because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by Drums because: Troule with quoting

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Just a couple of observations here.
First off the guy is a security guard, cops generally look down on security guards
In fact so does the whole world, most see them as power tripping wannabe cops.
Nobody likes this guy out of the gate.

Second, this fool/tool has no union, department or blue line buddies to stand behind him and lie/apologize/coerce/intimidate/cover up for him.

Third, he lives in or around Oakland, nuff said.

This guy needs to go to prison and I sure hope he stays in jail until he can get there, for his own safety.

In closing, folks don't beat the helpless.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow, I was not expecting that level of violence before watching the clip. I don't even know what to say; it's already been said by others. The only possible scenario I can think of that would not make me hate this guard forever is if the kid had just pulled out a gun or knife or something, but it looks like the kid did nothing at all; he might've lipped the guard off or something, but having been a security guard myself about ten years ago, I'll just say if you can't take that, you're in the wrong job.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So I guess kids in school today don't just have guns to worry about.The people responsible for their safety happen to have wicked roundhouse punches.
Just ask the crippled boy in the wheelchair who got hit from behind.

new topics

top topics

join