It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policemen have been on paid administrative leave for 3 years! After stomping unconcious man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
City settles police brutality lawsuit:

BRIDGEPORT -- It was all there on video -- a city man is shot twice with a stun gun after he runs from police in Beardsley Park and is then stomped by three officers as he lies on the ground. The stark video of the cops kicking the prone man made national news and triggered protests from local activists and civil rights groups when it popped up last year on YouTube. It also launched an FBI investigation into the officers' conduct. On Tuesday, after receiving a Freedom of Information request from Hearst Connecticut Media, city officials said they agreed to settle the man's civil rights lawsuit against the Police Department, paying him $198,000. The federal lawsuit originally called for a $10 million payout.

Link to Story

Although this particular story is about an incident three years ago I thought it deserved some attention. Why? Paying cops to not work for three years after being caught on video breaking the law is despicable.

Caught with video and red handed yet they managed to drag the court case out three years. What does the victim get? 200k of taxpayer money.... So the taxpayers get stuck not just with the 200k but paying three years of salary to three cops..... Total cost of the stomping? Over 400k. Oh and the cops most likely keep their jobs and all the cash they made while not doing a damn thing.

Wonder whats wrong with this country? Crap like this is not just tolerated, it is a near daily occurrence somewhere in the USA.

F'd up!

Link to Stomping Video

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus

Although this particular story is about an incident three years ago I thought it deserved some attention. Why? Paying cops to not work for three years after being caught on video breaking the law is despicable.

Caught with video and red handed yet they managed to drag the court case out three years. What does the victim get? 200k of taxpayer money.... So the taxpayers get stuck not just with the 200k but paying three years of salary to three cops..... Total cost of the stomping? Over 400k. Oh and the cops most likely keep their jobs and all the cash they made while not doing a damn thing.

Wonder whats wrong with this country? Crap like this is not just tolerated, it is a near daily occurrence somewhere in the USA.

F'd up!

It would be nice if the policemen involved had to cough up in compensation..isn't that what they do to any criminals?
edit on 30-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Wow...... three years paid vacation for attempted murder?!
Sign me up!

Ok attempted murder was a reach but still, ridiculous !
edit on thFri, 30 May 2014 15:46:11 -0500America/Chicago520141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thFri, 30 May 2014 15:57:56 -0500America/Chicago520145680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

ugh...this stuff literally makes me sick.

heart races, stomach aches....not sure how many more of these stories I can take!

top topics

join