It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Carney has resigned.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
CNN

It is just breaking on the ticker at the top of the CNN website.

No idea what spurred this on but it is interesting. More info shall follow.
edit on 05pm15u051188 by magnum1188 because: Created link to Cnn

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
New Guy ... Josh Earnest

Josh Earnest is Special Assistant to the President and Principal Deputy Press Secretary and Chief of Staff in the White House Office of Communications. Mr. Earnest attended Rice University, where he majored in political science and policy studies. He joined then-Senator Obama’s presidential campaign in March 2007 as his Iowa Communications Director. He is a native of Kansas City, Missouri.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: magnum1188

He's knackered, he said back a bit he would leave in the spring.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Good. I've never like that man. He has a knack for not answering a question and instead dancing around the issues. Good riddance.

+1 more 
link   
Maybe Jay Carney is actually human and couldn't take it any more, you know, he reached his BS limit.

I was beginning to he think he might be a cyborg.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Was this something in the works for a while, or are they just bringing in the new face to be the mouthpiece now.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Good. I've never like that man. He has a knack for not answering a question and instead dancing around the issues. Good riddance.

That was his job!

I should say too that he wasn't good at it!
edit on 30-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Problem is, are they not just going to get another person that is going to be the exact same as Carney? I mean same excrement different day right?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Even a person without scruples can only be asked to lie for someone else so much. I'm actually amazed he lasted as long as he did.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm sure that he was always the #2 guy. So naturally when #1 leaves, the #2 steps in. I've heard a rumor before that Carney was going to leave. This was months ago ... I'm sure that we'll find out more as the days go on.

INTERESTING THING TO NOTE - This was done on a Friday Afternoon at 2 pm. That's aways when the White House (no matter if it's a democrat or republican) does their dirty data dumps. It's when they release information that they don't want the press talking about .....

hmmmmm ....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer

Even a person without scruples can only be asked to lie for someone else so much. I'm actually amazed he lasted as long as he did.

I wonder how long before he writes a tell-all book and cashes in on the scandal controversies.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
One can only wish that he will own up for his mis-deeds and tell the country what was really going on.

Wish in one hand and S# in the other, see what fills up first is what I was always told. Guess my hands are gonna get dirty yet again.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer

I wonder how long before he writes a tell-all book and cashes in on the scandal controversies.

He probably wants to live a while longer, so not too much scandal info in any book of his to come out.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If that happens I would die lol

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another Obama admin lackey decided to "man up" and do the right thing?

May many more follow.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Rats jumping ship is what I'm beginning to see truthfully.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know what actual conclusions could be drawn from this. Looks like White House Press Secretaries typically serve for 2-3 years.

Wikipedia - White House Press Secretary

Truman had 5
LBJ had 4
Reagan had 3
Clinton had 5
George W. had 4

I'd imagine it's an ulcer-inducing job to be the administration's official spin doctor.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
2 in one day...YAY

Bu-by Shinseki...so long toad boy....

Des

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well, it's been real and it's been fun, but it sure hasn't been real fun.

I'm NOT sorry to see him go.

I wonder how much of a back story there is?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I'm not a betting man , but I would bet you will get another someone that has a knack for not answering a question and instead dancing around the issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join