It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicare Coverage For Transgender Sex-Change Surgery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

that would seem to be the case anymore. as long as you can get a 'talking head' to 'validate' your 'NEED'...... then you're good to go.

doesn't make a tinkers damn bit of sense, but it's apparently what it is.

!?!?!!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Tummy tuck ... boob job .... male enlargement ..... all sorts of stuff could be declared 'medical necessity'. I see a whole lot of it coming now that the doors have been opened to it.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Imagine the mentality of accepting such a handout. You are willingly getting a medically optional surgery (no disease, pathogen, or handicap), while someone else goes without because you took a substantial piece of pie. Someone else got denied/delayed a heart surgery, cancer treatment, etc. because of your choice to fight for this handout. Some people have nothing but selfishness in their veins.

I want to clarify as well that mental health is a real issue. If someone is clinically depressed, there can be a medical need for treatment. This applies to all walks of life and I don't think anyone is suggesting that mental health is a non-issue as far as coverage. However, the standard (at a fraction of the cost) treatments include medication and counseling, not HRT and surgery.
edit on 31-5-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'm not OK with our tax dollars being used to murder innocent people overseas and I'm definitely not OK with them being used to cut off penises or make new ones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join