It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team throws stun grenade in toddler's crib

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

-officers threw a grenade, which landed in her baby's crib and exploded in his face

-The child was seriously injured and was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital's burn unit where doctors placed him in a medically induced coma

"He's in the burn unit. We go up to see him and his whole face is ripped open. He has a big cut on his chest,' Phonesavanh said. 'He's only 19 months old"

-It's not clear if any drugs were found in the home

Sourc e (graphic images)
More sources

Well, just another no-knock warrant gone wrong. There needs to be some sort of policy in effect when busting into a house with toddlers or small children. Senselessly throwing a stun grenade into a house with a toddler is about as reckless as you can get, much less throwing it directly into the toddler's crib. Now a 19-month old child is in a medically-induced coma with serious injuries. If the kid dies, some people need to be charged with manslaughter.
Ridiculous.
edit on 5/30/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

How it even got into the crib needs to be seriously investigated. Those things are supposed to be thrown at floor level kind of like rolling a bowling ball because of the risk of serious injury or death if explodes near the face. Any "highly trained" SWAT team should know that.

(post by dashen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+37 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Police said a multijurisdictional drug unit issued a warrant and organized the SWAT operation

Why doesnt the media ever ask these cops the simple question "was it worth it?"

Every time some innocent suffers or a pig takes a few in the face and leave a widow and fatherless children behind simply ask "was it worth it?" if only so some spokesman can go on record saying that somebodys death or disfigurement was totally worth taking a bag of dope off the street.

I want them to say right to the camera that your life is worth less than a plant.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Surely the police are trained in the damage a grenade woulod cause in an enclosed space. So it needs to be asked why would they need such heavy handed tactics on a home with children in it, unless one of both of the parents traded on the use of their kids as some kind of protection against the police?

However the little child was a complete innocent in this horrific situation, and I don't doubt the officer responsible will be hurting deep inside about this mistake. I hope the police compensate this little child and Social Services ensure this child is never put at risk in a similar situation again and is well looked after.

Such a sorry story. There must be a better way and if drugs are involved, surely its time to legalize the lot to do away with this type of policing and strategy (if used by parents)? We are so lenient about alcohol which is considered a 'respectable and acceptable' killer.

+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Absolutely sick! We need to disarm the police. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just looking for green plants. I just love how society thinks it's okay to destroy peoples lives because they like to feel good.

END THE WAR ON DRUGS AND DISARM THE POLICE.
THE POLICE SHOULD ONLY BE GIVEN WEAPONS WHEN BEING SENT OUT TO STOP DANGEROUS CRIMINALS THAT THEY KNOW HAVE WEAPONS.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And the father had this to say:

Bou Sr., a musician, wrote of his grief on his Facebook page Thursday morning. 'My friends my heart my mind my soul is fill with sadness right now my son is not doing too good l will need few days to get myself together l will get back and share music with you when we are all feels better keep rocking friends.'

WTH??? WTF??? What kind of music? Kumbaya???

The parents AND LEO should both be drawn and quartered. Something is seriously wrong with both!

http: //www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643344/Horror-SWAT-team-throw-stun-grenade-toddlers-CRIB-drugs-raid-leaving-coma-severe-burns.html

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Some people live & breathe music, I know someone like that. Not a big deal, it's a therapeutic thing for many musical folks. The dad will channel his emotions into music when he's better able.

Heads better roll for this, you never throw a grenade into a home, even I'm aware of that. Like someone mentioned previously, they're supposed to roll them in to reduce/avoid injury.
If you read the article, you'll understand that these folks were visiting from across the country. This wasn't even their home, they were visiting family. Talk about the family get-together from hell, my god.

+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
And the father had this to say:

Bou Sr., a musician, wrote of his grief on his Facebook page Thursday morning. 'My friends my heart my mind my soul is fill with sadness right now my son is not doing too good l will need few days to get myself together l will get back and share music with you when we are all feels better keep rocking friends.'

WTH??? WTF??? What kind of music? Kumbaya???

The parents AND LEO should both be drawn and quartered. Something is seriously wrong with both!

http: //www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2643344/Horror-SWAT-team-throw-stun-grenade-toddlers-CRIB-drugs-raid-leaving-coma-severe-burns.html
Why should the parents be drawn and quartered..?? Why didn't the obviously undercover cops not go back to the house and just arrest the individual who was selling the drugs without going all rambo on the place..?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
and Social Services ensure this child is never put at risk in a similar situation again and is well looked after.

So you think the child should be removed from her mother, who visits drug houses?

+10 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sorry... this may get snipped but feel that I have to say this...

No matter what the parents might have done... the person who threw that grenade is a sick bastard for having a go at an innocent child.

That is what becomes with fire arm mad, trigger happy people...

No where else in the world will you hear of this type of mindless and sick violence when it comes to supposedly "law enforcement..."..

Purleeeze gun lobbyists don't give me or us the usual banter that this goes on in other countries and that I should open my eyes, stick to my own country etc etc etc... look at what you are paying your law enforcement officers to do first.

And yes... I know that they were an "Apparently" FULLY TRAINED SWAT team... but come on... what mentality drove the arsehole to throw that grenade into the childs room?

DONT YOU EVEN DARE SAY TO US THAT IT IS STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE TO PROTECT THE LEO...

Can't see this happening anywhere else in the world apart from war torn countries...

CHILDREN... seriously... cowardly bastards...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 30/5/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

+17 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
the parents didn't do anything! they were staying there after their own place burnt down. stop demonising parents if you can't be bothered to find out the whole story.

someone BETTER be accountable for this.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Pigs take freedom and take security and siphon tax money for their negligent behavior. Pigs have unions that advocate immunity, anonymity, and secrecy. Pigs are growing more confident as they ramp up the atrocities.

In the coming transformation, the enemies of the people will be easily identifiable by the masks and armor they wear.
-Me

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I feel bad for the child. But this is a true case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The fault needs to go to the individuals living there because their illegal activity was the root cause to this. Without their illegal activity none of this would happened.
edit on 30-5-2014 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

What you said is correct in a totalitarian, lawless nation.

What you should be fighting for is fair application of the US constitution which includes legal protection for the accused.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is truly heinous and despicable. I don't want to hear their excuse they didn't know a toddler was there because they didn't see clothes or toys. Uh, err on the side of caution and don't throw a flash-bang in a crib, because there's a better than even chance that there is a toddler present anyway. If they have no regard doing that to an innocent child, then they would have even less problem doing that to anyone else. Face it folks, the stories over the last year of cops killing homeless people, vets, etc. shows we're under attack from supposed "law enforcement" types there to so called "serve and protect". And our local taxes are paying these criminals salaries. Just like every Catholic priest isn't a child molestor, not every cop is an animal. But as Ronnie said,"Trust but Verify". Watch your backs. You're responsible for your own security..... not the government, police, or anyone else. Rant over.

link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
I feel bad for the child. But this is a true case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. The fault needs to go to the individuals living there because their illegal activity was the root cause to this. Without their illegal activity none of this would happened.

How about the fact that the SWAT team were not correctly trained...

Come on... god knows how many heavily armed men against 1 house/couple/child???

It sickens me to see how easy it is to blame the parents (even though they created the reason for the raid)... they did not throw the grenade...

The SWAT team or LE community should have done their REC job correctly first.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

link   
and this comes from trained professionals....

you guys don't need to worry about Russia ,Iran , or china.....

worry about your brother , uncle ,relative....that joins these mongrel groups....

ostracize these people....shame them....don't allow them to your BBQ's...

it is their choice to take up weapons to use against civilians....guilty or not.....

please don't accept these people in to your lives..... a reply to: trollz

+6 more 
posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Simply due to the unjustifiable, failed war on drugs.

This makes me sick.

While I don't think for one minute that an officer purposefully (GOD, I hope not at least) threw the grenade in the pack and play, no knock warrants on non-violent suspects are cowardly and the use of a flash bomb if there are people in the home other than the suspect is irresponsible.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Swat team member has watched too many WWII movies.

The war on drugs has been such a waste except to those making the money from it.

"The cops threw that grenade in the door without looking first, and it landed right in the playpen and exploded on his pillow right in his face."

Play pen on floor?

Still no need to be using these devices in these circumstances. Jerks with their toys.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join