It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you come to ATS... What's your age... I dare you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Rodinus
PS : Looking forward to your graveyard scribblings with wax as I have a fair few to share too...

Famous graves I visited this weekend .... Betsy Ross, Benjamin Franklin, Tomb of the Unknown Revolutionary War Soldier. Can't touch them to do rubbings .... but we visited all the same. I don't do rubbings. I just take pictures.

I need to rummage around and show you some rubbings from a couple of graves in the UK...

I actually commented on this a while back concerning graves with the dates 28th AND also 29th and 30 th of February...

Need to dig down in all the pics I have... as soon as they regain surface I will post here.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I am a 36 years old Dane.

I have always been fascinated by anything that contradicts supposed facts. These days where almost every square inch of the world has been explored, and where last continent has been found hundreds of years ago .. well, then you have to believe that there is something else to find - that there is layers to be peeled and new truths to be explored. If you want to keep the feeling of adventure and exploration alive, that is.

I love theories like Hollow Earth, Ancient Astronauts and what have you. They are, to me, mostly silly, but I like them nonetheless. I like the IDEA of them!

What brought me here was the 9/11 theory. I had seen the popular films on the subject and I needed to find a place where I could ask some skeptical questions and have them answered by both skeptics and believers. When I arrived here I found that those questions had already been ask and answered, and I never got around to registering until years later.

Now I mostly write here to improve my English.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi, Rodinus

Good idea for a thread.
I joined some time after I found ATS when looking for information on my compass going wonky for no apparent reason.
I'm very interested in alien life forms, other worlds, paranormal - but the huge variety of forums got me hooked quickly.

I had first joined Facebook under pressure from colleagues, and quickly realized how vapid it is - and pretty boring.
Only time I did twitter was to watch the Mars Rover being built -

I eventually deleted FB and never look at twitter, but I'm here pretty much daily, barring special event days or out-of-town trips or computer hospitalization.

I'm 55. It's nice to see that not every forum on the webz is full of foul-mouthed jerks! Intellectual discourse, reading and writing are things I'm passionate about - so, here I stay.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

56 years young, in mind only. The body is working on 100.
Currently residing in Williamsburg Virginia. Where history is the number one thing on everyone's mind.

Came here looking to find people that thought the way I did, talked about the things I was interested in, and was lucky enough to stumble on some pretty smart folks. They have a way of separating the wheat from the chaff. It is remarkable the topics covered, I have been in and out based on the busyness of my life but always come back if for nothing else to see what people are talking about. I have been a desk jockey lately, and have more time to read and type.

Lately though I keep getting the faint whiff of bacon when I log on.... I swear it comes right through the speaker. Is this that smellavision thing I have heard about?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Came here after looking for answers to 9-11 stuff. I have always been into UFO stuff. I used to be in the Project UFO fan club. (A TV show in the 70's that lasted about two weeks) Got interested in evil mason conspiracies and joined them to infiltrate and expose. Still searching for the evil bloody sacrificial altar. (I know it's there somewhere)
I enjoy discussing something I think I know about, then learning I have a lot to learn about things I think I know about.
I am 45 or so. Feel like about 51.5. (ready to retire)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I got tired of white washed generic news on the tv and in papers.
I can actually find some news here that is under the radar.
And I love laughing at the tin foil hat crowd, they cracked me up.
Oh..42 yrs, married almost 20 with an 11 yr old daughter.
Business owner with 4 employees and vp of a girls softball league.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Hi Rodinus...

Originally I came here around late 2010 viewing the 9/11 threads...
I signed up in 2011 if I remember correctly...
But I lost my password & email and had a spell sectioned in 2012...
So I came back after that again as a watcher then signed up early this year!!!

It wasn't 9/11 that kept me here though...
Once I saw the state of those threads I did & still do everything to dodge them!!!

Everyone & Everything else kept me here!!!

I turned 27 on the 16th of May!!!

S&F for a great thread!!!

Peace Rod!!!
edit on 30-5-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well, I became interested in UFO's at an early age. Then my interests moved on to ghosts thanks to tv shows like, "That's Incredible" and "Unsolved Mysteries". Then I stumbled upon a series of Time Life Books in our high school library, "Mysteries of the Unknown".

It was a series of 33 books dealing with all aspects of the unknown, from UFO's to ghosts to psychic phenomena, etc. I was obsessed with these books and read them all cover to cover. What attracted me to them was the wide range of topics and information.

This was the very reason I joined ATS after stumbling upon it. I've never been to a site that has had so much information and seemingly limitless amount of topics in one place. ATS' advantage over the printed word is that it is always evolving. There is new content by the minute and best of all, any member can participate in any discussion.

As others mentioned, the biggest draw to the site, is that there is something for everyone. The unexplained? Check. Politics? Check. Religion? Check. News? Check. Conspiracies? Of course. It's gotten to the point where I use the "live" page as my newspaper in the morning. I get a cup of joe and check to see what is going on in the world according to ATS.

S&F for the thread and I will see you all in others. Also, I forgot to add my age in the original post. I'm 38 as of this past April 25th.
edit on 30-5-2014 by jtrenthacker because: words is hard

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey boys and girls... thank you for all of your comments so far...

Notice how our marvellous Moderation staff are still in bed????

*Grins with much cheek and prods Mods... "prod.. prod.. prodity.. prod.. poke.. poke.. prod"... In the ribs of course...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
im a 40 some odd year old guy that is nothing like the man who joined here.

I came here for the conversation. The highest quality you could find on the net. But my participation in this forum has made me a much better man. But it seems no matter how hard I try, i wouldn't be worthy to hold Expat's cup.

For the record....Skeptic pays me in chocolate covered bacon.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

For the record....Skeptic pays me in chocolate covered bacon.

From what I have heard from other Mods by U2U... you are in the crap BF... you are the only one getting choccy covered bacon... apparently the other Mods are ONLY getting bacon flavoured chicken slices...

Erm... as you already know, I am not one to stir the poo, but I thought it was better that you know?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yo Roddy!..Well i was a member of another site which just vanished in 2012. Then i stumbled on this one. I did check in here every now and then but then was kind of dragged into the vortex which is Ats. There sure is some great people on here
. I have never been probed by aliens as far as im aware. It was the chicken vindaloo!!

Im 43 and just love the abnormal...And i guess the normal is ok to ....Sometimes

edit on 5 30 2014 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 30 2014 by TheDoctor46 because: Forgot how old i am lol

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't remember what I was looking up when I first found this place, but It drew me in right away. My eyes bugged out and my mouth hung open. I spent hours just going through all the fascinating and fun topics and have been living here ever since. I just turned 56.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Forgot to add that I met some people here that I am proud to call 'friend'.

We have an amazing community of people here who will stand by your side through your darkest hours and offer their compassion, wisdom and humor. Oh and love.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Oh geez Rod, are you really asking us to say how old we are?

My birth certificate says I was born in 1960 (although I tend to believe that it's just a conspiracy, lol).
That would make me...ffffffff.....err....fffff......ack!
Usually when I say my age, the first word that comes to mind is an "eff" word that I can't say here.

Why am I here? Because I love it.
I love the people, the topics, the theories....the chit-chat, the chance to write...the people.
I have always been 'aware' and 'conscious', and question everything that I'm told/taught.

I'm interested in just about every topic on this site, and hungry to learn as much as I can.
I believe that I am a young soul, and to this day I'm told that I'm very youthful, almost child-like. (I take that as a compliment). I don't look my age, feel my age....and can relate to people of ALL ages.

Please excuse me now, as my therapist (Ozzy Osbourne) is insisting that I take a ride on the Crazy Train.

jacygirl

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I lurked here for about 10 years before I finally joined. What was the catalyst? A culmination of a few things, mainly needing a vent for all the "fringe" thoughts I have and needing to reach out to other free thinkers. Although I don't post often.

I'm a month shy of 29.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: vArchon
My name is J.V , im 26 years old and im from the southern part of Israel (mostly desert here).
Among other sites i read from, ATS is one of my favorite alternative information sites . Im a passionate truth seeker, and reading is one of my favorite free time activity.
My understanding of English is very good for a second language, but i dont comment because i sound retarded when speaking and writing. I find it hard to express my opinions on the different subjects (which from point of view are unique) by writing in English.
Shabat shalom to everyone

Well JV your English and typing skills is much better than most on here, lol. Welcome.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jester420

You seem the only person in this thread near my age ,I feel isolated in here by age difference.
Why people who like conspiracy are usually elderly?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I came here to get my fair share of abuse and wasn't disappointed!

I was older then...

I'm younger than that now....B. Dylan
edit on 30-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I joined ATS I believe sometime in 2010 under a different name. I decided to switch a year or so later. I think the main reason I came was either looking up something alien related or Nibiru. Which brought me to this site and ever since I've hooked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join