It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Reverse Discrimination... Jury Awarded the Victim More Than $1 Million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Heh that's not discrimination.

It's cronyism.

Happens all the time.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is an example of white discrimination from a Historically black college. She won her lawsuit with the EEOC, and the next phase is compensation, and I hope she takes the college to the cleaners.

wssuinsider.wordpress.com...

M.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Was that sarcastic? Or were you being serious?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ya the whole thing is a joke, even if he got discriminated against which even speaking as a white male is not unheard of. I am quite sure his new found 1.3 million dollars is helping in abetting and repairing his damaged conscious and self respect. But who I rely feel sorry for is not the mayor, or the other so called less qualified police chief, or even the guy himself, lets face it 1.3 million dollars can buy a lot of happiness and repair any damaged ego or conscious all around. # I did not even know some small town police chief can make that kind of money, but hey now that this is settled maybe mister damaged goods, the former police chief, and the mayor, well they can all get together and get on the case and who know maybe even solve some real problems, like say drugs running and all that.

Ha
Imagine that! It is pretty hard to image. I almost feel sorry for the townspeople who have to pay for this pity party, nonsense and self patting on the back. And they also deserve everything they get for letting this happen in the first place. I suppose you can say that if anything actually happens, other then you know jay walking and parking tickets, well they got what they paid for.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

A yup! Cronyism is the word, and it surpasses all races and boundaries in all towns, villages, cities, societies etc etc worldwide. And its as normal as blue sky's and apple pie.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A few points you may like or dislike.

1.) Neither the people of the town nor the mayor will pay; the insurance company will. They may raise their rates, but it will be a long time before they make the money back. The actual "Bad Guy," in this case the mayor, gets off free on this deal. The insurance company is innocent, but they're in the gambling business and backed the wrong pony.

2.) $1.3 million is not a lot of money. The lawyers will get at least a third. The policeman's career is very likely toast, and the left over money will pay for about six or seven year's of a chief's salary. It's not chicken feed, but overall this is not a tremendous amount. He will be unable to significantly change his lifestyle.

3.) Will this result in any white person being able to sue? Not really. You still have to have a case, and this case was objectively pretty good. Most accusations of discrimination show much narrower differences than this. That's why discrimination as a class-action is easier, because statistics can back up the claim based on population percentages.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
White privilege indeed.
Well that's one way to tell the world how ignorant you are on the subject.

Anyways, nice to see justice being served. Hopefully this discourage others from hiring someone simply because of their race, regardless of qualifications.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Merlynn

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Doesn't surprise me any. I have seen that sort of thing when I was working, and I know it happens in the military, too. Of course, military members can't sue, so nothing is ever done.

Glad this man got some justice! The former mayor should be disgraced, doing something like that.

Me too, not just in military but with contractors. The discrimination I see mainly is the higher ups hiring friends and family over qualified veterans (of any sex or race).

IN workplaces, I have seen it like that, and also with people who didn't know one another, but were friendly based on that alone, and using that as a reason to promote, instead of qualifications. I knew a head housekeeper at a hotel that got in real trouble for refusing to hire anyone but Hispanics. She was MAD, when told she didn't get to do that any longer, too, as though everyone but her was wrong.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What is "reverse" discrimination? Makes no sense. Just like the term "reverse" racism...

Discrimination is just discrimination. Same thing for racism.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

What is "reverse" discrimination? Makes no sense. Just like the term "reverse" racism...

Discrimination is just discrimination. Same thing for racism.

That is when the majority group ---whites-- are passed up due to minorities being given jobs whether they are qualified or not due to Affirmative Action

But yes, you are right...
Discrimination is just that...discrimination

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Good to hear!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
We are all the same ! Only whites can be racists

No you say

Well the numbers do not back up your claim else 50/50 of cases would be againts immigrants but the NWO likes cheap labour and immigration to push down wages for the sheep and that is why we have this imbalance.

My fight is not with immigrants but the elite that let them in and make no mistake, just look at history to see that they will create race wars when the time is right.

As usual we are being played for fools just so that the bankers can profit

top topics

<< 1   >>

join