It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dish Network to begin accepting Bitcoin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

While Han said demand for the payment system is unclear, it aligns the Englewood, Colorado, company's high-tech offerings — such as the ability to watch live TV on mobile devices — with the tech-savvy customers it is trying to reach.
He also said Coinbase's payment processing fee is attractive compared to the average of what it pays to other processors.

Dish Network to begin accepting Bitcoin

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here goes. Mods feel free to move if necessary. More proof that Bitcoin will take over the world! Well, maybe not the world, but it's definitely here to stay and its influence will extend to outer space as private industry looks to a currency that can be used for cosmic financial transactions. The article is very short and it includes a short 2 minute video.

Bitcoin is gaining steam as more and more companies come on board. Will there be a time when Bitcoin is the currency of choice? I think there's a message in the rise of Bitcoin; is the World mmoving from the reserve currency idea into something new? My conspiracy hat is on tight and glowing with ideas right now. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

This is good news.

However the only problem with this is that it's Dish Network.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
At the end of a commercial over the weekend I saw where overstock.com accepts bitcoin as well...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thats awesome, ive recently offered some of my services for BitCoins and LTC.... No bites yet lol! I think its up to big business to lead the way, by accepting these alt currencies, and then smaller business' need to follow suit. We need a few behemoths to show John Public that its not some kind of a scam and is fully legit.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a step in the right direction i dont exacaly think bitcoin is right for the job of replacing money but its a good step

i buy with bitcoin often i mine so its easy for me to produce coins

but the whole cap limit on bitcoin makes you think what will become of the network once the miners are gone

top topics

join