It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135
Funny you mention that, I heard that too!

I thought I ran across it before, but might've just shrugged it off as being delirious, from late night [deep] web browsing.. lol

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spaceman42

Oh it's quite real. Pretty bird.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Maybe?

This has a sort of "flying wing" look. It's a Boeing though, so I'm not sure ...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you Boomer and Zaph for the response
Where I have a doubt ( for me) a new bomber for the futur decade to come will be another subsonic flying wing , but why USAF say the B-2 can't do the mission very well and choosing the same way for the futur ? I m afraid about the stealth technology for the futur if the radar system progress in the same way than the stealth it can become obsolete a near day, will it have a AIR/AIR capacity ? the futur J-20 or Pak-FA will be great adversary for futur bomber, and a supersonic speed could be a great thing to escape the fighters like that.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's a conventional design, not a flying wing.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

The B-2 is getting to the point where new skin can only get you so far. The new stealth features, before you add the EW suite it carries leaves the B-2 so far behind it's not even funny. Add the EW suite it carries, and it's damn near unstoppable.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is it possible it carry direct energy weapon to shoot the incomming missile ? you speak about electronic attack capacity ?

edit on 30-5-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri May 30 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed BB code

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

EW is so much more than jamming. Jamming is the brute force approach that just hits everything out there, including friendly radar.

Now if you take the scalpel approach instead, and have been probing (RC-135 before things heat up), and know the radars and specifics about it, you can take a really good EW system and finesse the returns. Suddenly you have returns all over the place, or no returns at all for that matter. It won't work for long with a good operator on the ground, but you should be able to slip to a range where any return is naturally reduced.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ok I understand but I have a fear about the new 5th gen fighter and visual detection of a futur raid , how it can defend with a ennemy fighter attack? it will need F-22 to protect it ? finaly we will see a new super elctronic bomber but less new capacity of flight or maneuver I 'm wrong? why don't put new realy exotic capacity like hypersonic on it to stay ahead for fifty years ?

edit on 30-5-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Bombers have only rarely been maneuverable. The B-1 is the exception.

As for those two questions, they're good ones. Too bad I can't give an answer (not allowed to, not that I don't know).

So many questions that you won't get an answer to. Lol. I'll just say that it's VERY capable and leave it at that.
edit on 5/30/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thank you for the response Zaph I understand , its a pleasure speaking with guy's like you and Boomer and Sammamishman on ATS and giving some interesting thing you are able to

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

this maybe?
imgur.com...

edit on 30-5-2014 by lowchi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lowchi

this maybe?
imgur.com...

No, that's clearly the proposed FB-23 medium-range bomber, based off the FA-23 (YF-23) platform.

The picture of the 24, Boomer is referring to, is not cited nor described as such... It's LITERALLY a needle in a hay stack, errr.. hay mountain. Happy Hunting
lol

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1

this maybe?
imgur.com...

No, that's clearly the proposed FB-23 medium-range bomber, based off the FA-23 (YF-23) platform.

The picture of the 24, Boomer is referring to, is not cited nor described as such... It's LITERALLY a needle in a hay stack, errr.. hay mountain. Happy Hunting
lol

ok, it was worth a shot

thanks for the clarification

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

While not currently deployable that I know of, offensive DEW weapons are certainly on the minds of current aircraft designers. I think any new attack aircraft design may have the power expandability to feed DEW's in the future. I believe the F35 was envisioned to have a laser system for defeating ground targets.
As far as defensive laser weapons, I believe they are already here.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

There is currently a laser jamming system in development for the F-35, as well as Guardian, which can be bolted onto the KC-135.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1

this maybe?
imgur.com...

lol

This does not look like a bomber. It would make sense to falsely attribute the origin of one of your leaked aircraft to another country such as China..

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka
No

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Those look fake as hell. Lol

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

Considering its still on the internet and hasn't been taken down, I wonder if they will declassify it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join