It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That would be pretty cool though. Have a solar powered long range bomber.

But yeah, don't see that being about solar power.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

All this is just speculation. But thats what I'm guessing if they are playing with meta materials. Notice you'll find all sorts of info on the web behind the physics of phased conjugate optical resonance but not on phased conjugance (sp too lazy to look up how to spell that) microwave resonance. You used to but then all of those sites and references on the internet dried up suddenly.

Something to think about. Also, suck it china. We still got the best aircraft and no you aren't going to catch on to some of our more exotic stuff any time soon. That takes real world experience not just money and imitating the exterior of a B2. Just wanted to add that last bit...just cause, they need to get in where they fit in.

So sure are you, young padawan?

www.hindawi.com...

Retrodirective antenna [1–3] has the ability of retransmitting a wave to the direction as it is arriving without the prior knowledge of the incoming signals. It has the characteristics of high link gain and low cost which make the retrodirective antenna array useful in many fields, including automatic pointing and tracking [4], phase aberration correction [5], and phase conjugate resonators [6].

Very useful for low probability of intercept communication say with a satellite.

And maybe for automatic jamming, spoofing? Phase conjugate the incoming beam back to the source, wherever it may be, (cue Scotty, "phasers locked on target, capn!"----almost literally true), and then zap away. Doesn't scatter, in contrast to normal antennae.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Russians & Chinese definitely know about this. And China, not USA is the world's electronic manufacturing superpower, thanks to our capitalists de-industrializing former SIlicon Valley. (Silicon Valley was founded on the 1960's space & military electronics industry). They get electronics, we get idiot apps to replace the idiot box, overpriced condos.

Hmm....I wonder if the same principle exists in sonar? By the magic of google....

www.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 17-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imperium Americana

OMG...if someone nailed down broad spectrum permeability.
One could use the left-handedness to make something quite special.

Them punks with them laser pointers are going to get quite the eyeful, hmm?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I'd reckon we have our own production facilities for very specialized technology. You don't think we'd have China manufacture some of the most sensitive things, do you?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I'd reckon we have our own production facilities for very specialized technology. You don't think we'd have China manufacture some of the most sensitive things, do you?

Sure. But if they can manufacture 1000x the quantity at 0.01 of the per unit cost....

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What if it comes to light that the new secret crafts are huge black ultrasonic craft with engines that burn in brilliant and odd colors......

"Oh er, yeah, so that was all us and has been for 25 years, sorry about that but we are the good guys, because we have these ultimate weapons..... that we didnt tell you about and lied constantly to your faces. Whats even more fun is we are still lying to you all about a bunch of other stuff, hahaha, idiots."

Would it be so hard for somone to say "yes that was us, it is a secret plane, we cant you about it even admitting its shape is harmful to us even if it is amazing at killing or aerial performance". Yes, they cant say that.

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

EDIT: sorry i get where i was going with this was that a super weapon is even more super when no one knows what it looks like - thats REAL invisibility.
edit on b1717222 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As I said, I'm betting some of this stuff is to advanced for even the Chinese to know HOW to make it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Nope not so sure, Especially now. I know very little about what's going on in the Super duper cutting edge aircraft arena. Just know that I'm fascinated now a day due to a incident a month or so ago.

Reading up on those links and references for Meta Materials. They do much more then I knew about. Very cool. Love ATS.

But I know we have "stuff" that I really, really don't think other countries are capable of producing or replicating for a while...I seen it. Not sure what I saw, but I know it sure as hell was A LOT more advanced than some new bomber.

And No I don't think China can come close to whatever the USA is really capable of. Maybe I'm too Rah Rah USA. But seeing is believing sometimes, kinda like when people see sasquatch or something and then struggle to understand what the hell they just saw, and nobody else believes them anyways.

But as far as being sure about how this stuff works. Nope not sure an much these days. All I know is I saw an apparently (strong emphasis on apparently, like I said I can read between the lines but I really don't know jack) reactionless propulsion system and my mind is blown.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

From your other posts and thread, if that's ours -- there isn't any way the Chinese could even make the parts for that thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Until they hack into Lockmart's computers or pay some SOP dude a huge amount of money for some docs......Oh, wait.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I don't think the Chinese or even the Russians are there yet. I think they have caught up to, or know about what is in the gray but not what's in the deep Black. That stuff is so compartmentalized that most of the people involved in the program probably have no idea what the final product is their work is going into.
Same can be said of Chinese electronics for military aplications. They may make small components for a super secret jet but have no idea how to put them all together to make said super secret jet.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Not if it's done "in house" first before contractors are allowed to work on the project.

Edit: It's what I would do to keep it compartmentalized and secret.
edit on 17-6-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR Sorry but a lot of people in US speak about big triangle with silent running do you think it has something to see with the craft you saw ?

edit on 17-6-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I believe even in house work is documented electronically and subject to theft. Just about all work regarding any kind of project is stored on a server somewhere that can be hacked. The only way around that is to paper document everything and keep it locked up in a vault maybe like they did in the pre-net days?
China invests a lot of cash into net based espionage. Given enough time and brain power they can probably put all the jigsaw puzzle pieces together to get a pretty good idea of where to go with it.

edit on 17-6-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: Astr0

Hm... Negative index metamaterials. Interesting.

EDIT: Light trapping materials. I'm not sure, but I don't think they're talking about solar power.

1. Light bending invisibility cloak

2. Tuned properly, a radar cloak?

3. A passive ER array whose receiver is composed of the body of the aircraft?..

Any other possibilities?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

I don't know...but I do want a cloak like Frodo has in Lord of the Rings. I would hide in plain sight and jump up and scare people for fun.

Once again, probably why I should never be allowed to get my hands on this stuff -- I'd have way, way to much fun with it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh, I'd be at Groom Lake checking out hangers in a heart beat.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Do people outside the US report large black triangles much?
As someone inside the US I don't have the proper perspective to answer that question. I personally haven't seen anything that can be construed to resemble a craft of that nature but it wouldn't surprise me to find that the prominent number of sighting of such a craft are found inside the US.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Hey I'll send you an IM with my thoughts. since this thread is about the forthcoming B3 Bomber I don't want to derail. Check you In box.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There were rumors a couple years ago about a new material with some interesting properties, that when compared to other materials was much cheaper to make.

I was never able to run anything concrete down about those properties, but a couple of sources mentioned a new material.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join