It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of us are programmed. And don't realize it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: network dude
I see adds for ammunition, and I think, I don't have enough. I need more.

We see news that they want to take our guns, so we think, I need to buy some more before I can't.

I say we, but I mean I. I hadn't realized it, but it just kind of hit me. I was thinking of that movie "conspiracy Theory" . I don't feel the need to go buy "catcher in the rye", but it's not far off.

The big question, is that what's supposed to happen? Am I falling for the tricks?

This is not to say people cannot be conditioned to behave a certain way but I believe for the most part, people give themselves over to conditioning voluntarily. Even though they may not acknowledge it, they know what they're doing.

I actually agree with this segment somewhat. If it were "that easy" to condition an entire populous into one set ideology or preference, then we wouldn't have so many issues with consensus. Instead, what most likely occurs is that the sum of each individual's experiences probably lend them to specific preferences in thinking and where conditioning may act as a sort of confirmation bias.

To use myself as an example, I've preferred the quiet of nature and company of animals and insects over my fellow human as I relate to the latter better and well, people are noisy (visual thinking/autism). That led to my choice of degree in the sciences, which in turn, lends me to think along more "green lines". Theoretically, that would potentially make me more susceptible to any form of conditioning as it would relate to green anything. The one issue with that is the fact that I'm autistic and how that alters my brain so I'll also be the first to bash green tech when it's deserved, like wind turbines and bats' barotrauma. Wind turbines ain't green. However, the shift in that opinion took effort in the form of additional research. Therefore, if I don't look into a subject matter with more intensity, I would most likely have a tendency to accept information that would confirm my specific view.

Perhaps it would be best if we do actually acknowledge our own "weaknesses" in terms of conditioning and areas that would be subject to confirmation bias, if not for anyone else but ourselves--including yourself. Your statements about liberals being freedom hating gun grabbers are just as much of a cookie cutter statement that I've seen over and over again (repetition, repetition, repetition). I personally know a whole lot of liberals who both own guns and don't but really do not like the idea of any amendment being altered, especially the 2nd--including myself. Those that do hold those positions probably leap out at you.

And on the subject of repeated terminology, that is really something that should raise an eyebrow. It goes back to that repetition, repetition, repetition. Repeating the same phrase over and over again actually increases acceptance of the ideas behind it. It is fundamental to the art of persuasion. Check it out for yourself. It's like "dirty hippies should get a job". I would say that, if you're looking for conditioning, look for those repeated sentences because it's a signal that there is a kind of automatic thinking going on.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

And on the subject of repeated terminology, that is really something that should raise an eyebrow. It goes back to that repetition, repetition, repetition. Repeating the same phrase over and over again actually increases acceptance of the ideas behind it. It is fundamental to the art of persuasion. Check it out for yourself. It's like "dirty hippies should get a job". I would say that, if you're looking for conditioning, look for those repeated sentences because it's a signal that there is a kind of automatic thinking going on.

What helps to conceal this to a large extent is the fact that the repetition is carried out by different people. Propaganda is an apt term. That's exactly what it does. It propagates.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

What helps to conceal this to a large extent is the fact that the repetition is carried out by different people. Propaganda is an apt term. That's exactly what it does. It propagates.

Yes! Perfect! It starts with an idea/statement and it is put out on the airwaves, voiced by a variety of op-ed commentators/radio hosts. That's saturation. The statement gets picked up by the viewer and repeated in social circles--more saturation of an "echo" quality. The more saturation, the more confirmation that that is the accepted view. That's how it works. I'd love to say that it doesn't happen but I actually have been tracking and watching these repeat phrases for years now. I like finding the original sources and they are almost always those op ed commentators shouting on the tvs.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I am a "Hair and Tooth" cyst that has been programmed to believe I am something more than I am.

I believe I can think, but in reality I am either a parrot or a monkey and repeat what I hear or imitate what I see and very little more.

Wanna watch a good movie?.

metanoia-films.org...

It's pretty long but a real "heads up" if one takes the time to absorb it and do the research referenced in it....

A search term of "Bernays" will return some interesting results also.

Don't study too hard, you may actually wake up and realize you were in a peaceful slumber before and spend the rest of your life wanting to go back there where you were before....
edit on 1-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: vat

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

I'll second the recommendation for "Human Resources". As a SBA graduate, I had to take classes in both marketing and organizational behavior. Much of what is discussed in that documentary is exactly what I learned in the latter class. Things like putting in a suggestion box to improve company morale by giving employees the feeling that they have a say without ever necessary implementing a single suggestion--that is actually real. Both classes were really classes in manipulation and it definitely rubbed me the wrong way when I learned them. I wasn't the only one though--most of my graduating class were so disgusted that many of us had no idea what we were going to do once we graduated as we wanted no part of it.

Still in that plight but, perhaps luckily as weird as that sounds, I'm disabled right now so I don't have to cross that road yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Reality is really depressing when you learn about it in college, isn't it?.

Most of what was in that Human Resources flick was covered in my prerequisites for my major, I was dumbfounded by a lot of the things I learned in college, and depressed.

I went to college to enter a medical field and was so turned off by the politics of it while in training I went back to manipulating pieces of metal for a living.

a reply to: WhiteAlice

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

i'm proposing man not be so naive to accept a language designed and controlled by strangers, or doctrines or values designed with those languages, by strangers. i propose all men be themselves. they may find that their true nature isn't ugly at all, but it's the conscious mind that has been conditioned to see it that way. men today worry about what they have "accomplished in life", or whether they're "trustworthy", or "standup", or "funny", never realizing these are subjective illusions.
in a way, being as a child is part of the path to enlightenment. as a child is more whole, without internal division. raised by a pack of wolves though? no. raised by true, whole men and women.
pointing and grunting would be a lot simpler, wouldn't it? as opposed to this pre-formulated acting that we are subjected to everywhere you go. and don't fall for hollywood's depiction of man's grunting; he has a vocal range beyond any other creature, without words.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join