It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not guns or terrorists...it's kids we should be afraid of

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
With so much said about the need to ban guns recently i have started to look at not gun violence but teen violence, many times for no reasons, that is imparted on society by youth.

Teen boyfriend beats girl into coma
Link
Teen beats parents with hammer/crowbar and stabs multiple times over iPad
Link
Teen stabs brother over video game
Link
Teen kills parents and shoots brother
Link
Teen kills family with hammer and throws a party
Link
Even children as young as 8
link
Cell phone causes mothers murder
Link

This is a small portion but what it shows it that it is not guns...it is something that is happening with these children who would kill their own parents...or siblings...or go on a shooting/stabbing spree killing those who are innocent not just those who may have pushed them to this point.

Blame video games? Nope. In the 80's they blamed rock music. The 90's it was rap culture. Blame 'violent' video games? I do not think that is the issue here. Blame parents? I cannot see this either as many times the parents are very involved and simply disciplining the children.

SSRI's come up quite a bit but mainly when it is someone who was known to have issues. Many of these cases are simply kids who, for one reason or the other, snapped. Having 3 children of my own it worries me to send them to school sometimes. All of them are coached as to what to do if there was ever a situation and I would hope they would react like the small group of kids who survived Sandy Hook by running as they did.

There is millions spent each year on the anti gun lobbies, etc but where is the research into why this is happening so often and in many times in good homes. Lack of simple discipline? Not being held accountable as kids were in the past?

What should society do and who do you believe is at fault?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Television!!!

From the moment its born a child is bathed in a sea of violence!

Murder, torture, rape, its all being pumped into a childs mind on a daily basis, 24/7/365

Thats all true isn't it!!!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It is my opinion that it is too late to do anything about the ones that are already over two years of age and were raised incorrectly.
Parents need to teach their children right from wrong from an early age.
Expecting a teenager that has been 'brought up wrong' to change is hoping for something that will not happen.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

It is my opinion that it is too late to do anything about the ones that are already over two years of age and were raised incorrectly.
Parents need to teach their children right from wrong from an early age.
Expecting a teenager that has been 'brought up wrong' to change is hoping for something that will not happen.
SOME parents do not do their best for their children, however, its difficult for even the most diligent parent to compete with the bs being pumped into their children via the television. The average child now spends SEVEN HOURS PER DAY watching TV, how can overworked parents compete with that?

Stop blaming parents, start blaming the television!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Stop blaming parents, start blaming the television!

Who pays for the TV?
Who pays for the cable/satellite signal?
Who controls what the children watch on the TV if they are even allowed to watch TV?

See why I place the blame on the parents?
If the TV is corrupting their children, the parents are not doing their job.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

There is millions spent each year on the anti gun lobbies, etc - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: matafuchs

I really want to see a source for this. I don't believe in gun grabbers and I don't believe this either. Whom is funding the so-called "anti-gun" lobby? Or "lobbies" plural, implying that there are multiple anti-gun interest groups.

The CDC wanting to study gun violence isn't an anti-gun interest group..sorry.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They all hit "crazy" about 15 years old but they come back. My kids were never big video game players or even TV watchers. They were into sports.

I don't know where the violence comes from but I would bet it is proportionate to every age.

Lot's of crazy crime out there.

edit on 29-5-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Children are exposed to so much on a daily basis, I believe they are being over loaded with information whether it is good or bad and it is messing with there young developing brain.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It starts with the parents in some cases. Many times the 'cool' parents are not as involved and let kids run wild time something bad happens but in many of these cases the parents had strict households or enforced rules. This got them killed.

TV - Doc McStuffins is not going to teach my 4 year old to kill. Neither did Road Runner or Elmer Fudd when I was a kid. However, if you do NOT control what your child watches it could have an affect on what they may think is right or wrong or desensitize them. The shows that are on now at 8PM can be very violent and sexual. As well as the commercials.

So, it goes back to the parents to control what they watch. Know what they watch. Enforce what they can watch.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Isn't the most diligent parent capable of turning the television off? All too many times I see children hypnotized in front of the television instead of outside playing with other children. Or even playing with their parents or siblings. Social interaction is lacking in today's children. Isn't the interaction between children where they learn to empathize, share, learn, and develop healthy imaginations?

I blame society as a whole. We've allowed ourselves to become overworked, over stressed, over burdened, and a whole plethora of things that are not healthy. All in the pursuit of money to put a roof over our heads and feed ourselves. Society applauds the notion of working 16 hour days and considers it okay that we work that much. People tend not to care that others have to pull 80 hour weeks , working two full time jobs, to make ends meet. When parents have to work this much, where is the time to instill good morals and spend time with their children? That's when the TV comes into play; to babysit the kids while the parents make dinner because they're too tired to do both.

I don't know. I just feel that humanity has gone wrong in this respect.
edit on 5/29/2014 by EternalSolace because: Spelling

edit on 5/29/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
SSRI's come up quite a bit but mainly when it is someone who was known to have issues. Many of these cases are simply kids who, for one reason or the other, snapped.

I disagree. Discussion of SSRI's come up "officially" very infrequently and, when the evidence of SSRI use (or any upper/downer/sleep aid) is leaked to the public "a history of issues" is the crutch the media uses to deflect any serious public angst away from the Big Pharma poison pushers.

It is a pharmacological FACT which can be verified by anyone who reads the drug warning labels or the fine print on the ads, that violence, depression, suicide, rage, mood swings, and uncharacteristic behavior are known side-effects of all so-called mood "stabilizing" drugs. It is also clearly stated on those labels that, if you haven't been prescribed the drug by a doctor, taking the drug often leads to a psychotic episode. BUT, dig a little deeper! Mental illnesses supposedly caused by "chemical imbalances" in the brain and supposedly "treated/managed" by these various poison pills have NO measurable lab or chemical tests to aid in diagnosis. It's all frickin medicinal voodoo which over half the population has allowed themselves to be tricked into supporting. To make it even more nefarious, these wannabe doctors in the psychiatric and psychotherapy market sectors have redefined many previously normal behaviors to now be indicative of some unmeasurable illness treatable by a pill from Pfizor, Astra-Zeneca, or one of the other big dollar medicinal firms.
Once we had energetic, playfull children... now they're HYPERACTIVE
Some people used to be shy... now they have SOCIAL INTERACTION DISORDER
Sometimes you used to feel kinda bored.... now you have ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER
Sometimes you used to feel a bit blue... now you have CLINICAL DEPRESSION
Sometimes you felt really horny....now you have a SEXUAL ADDICTION
Sometimes you got the giggles at an inappropiate time... now you're suffering from MANIC DISORDER

Hell, it's so ridiculous they even sell a pill to balance the pill you're supposed to take to ballance you emotions called Abilify. The ad has this sad animated woman with a little dark cloud following her around, her animated children and husband also looking forlorn because mom's original antidepressant is making her a zombie. Then she takes the Abilify and the cloud leaves and the whole damn family gets kinda-sorta smiles... they shoul dbe carefull with that ad, actually...
You used to have concern over a loved one's level of happiness... now you're in a CO-DEPENDANT RELATIONSHIP.

If you chart the prevelence of chemical stimulant prescriptions alongside the incidents of "snapping" over the past 30 years, you will find a direct corelation between the two. It isn't TV, it isn't video games, it isn't The Catcher in the Rye... it's the poisonous pyramid scheme that the health care industry, pharmaceutical producers, and pharmacy providers have constructed circulating around imaginary illnesses and chemical combinations of drugs which make you feel just different enough to keep taking them for a few weeks, at which point you're now addicted and most people will shy away from the living hell of breaking a SSRI addiction by just quietly continuing to pop their daily pill... at least until the pill makes them snap and they do something to destroy their entire life.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail
I think it would be hormones to blame for teenagers acting out.

But there is a difference between the children that were brought up with proper discipline vs children that were spoiled brats, given chemicals dispensed by a doctor to stand in for parental guidance. I saw it before and still see it today. Parents wanting to be their kids 'best friend' vs being a good parent.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Bloomberg alone spent 50 million last year...and here is a list...22 organizations and a list by state of smaller ones.

link

If you think there is no anti-gun lobby you should do a little more research....

edit on 05am31amfu2014-05-29T10:46:17-05:001017 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sorry if my OP was not clear. I agree that SSRI's are an issue and confirm almost all of what you mentioned. Many of the mass shootings will attest to that. Kids on/off meds that cannot control emotions when they do. It is not a good place for them to be and bad things can happen.

I was simply stating that it is not just medicated children or known bad kids that snap. It can be the honor student who played 4 sports and now it can also be an 8 year old who kills a younger child with no violent history.

edit on 05am31amf0000002014-05-29T10:55:25-05:001025 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The other, I suppose 'Politically Incorrect', cause of the uptick in teen violence has been the advancement of the zero tolerance movement through the progressive-run schools and programs. Teenagers, especially teenaged boys, FIGHT. It is a 100% natural method of dealing with raging hormones and shifting social pecking orders. It is seen in every animal group on the planet and until 20 years ago it was seen and accepted in humans.
Joe likes Becky, Joe sees Sam passing notes to Becky, Joe and Sam throw down behind the ag building... noses are bloodied and within a week Becky has moved on to flirting with Bob, while Joe and Sam have actually become tight friends following their fistfight. Or, from a different angle... Sam is a bully, Sam shoves Joe in the back every morning before class and laughs at him, one day Joe has discovered his testicles and pops Sam square in the nose, Sam never bothers Joe again.
This was called High School 15-20 years ago. Now, so much as a terse verbal argument gets both boys sent to the principal and if fists are thrown, the cops are called and expulsions occur. So the boys bottle up their rage and when it erupts it does so in a massive, destructive outburst.

Personally, when my son starts high school in another 7 years, I'd rather see him come home every few days with a split lip and swollen knuckles than see him become a basket case because there's no allowable outlet to release the natural emotions that go along with being a teenager. Unfortunately, some parents somewhere live under the idiotic belief that all fighting is horrible and must never be tolerated in a "civilized society"... which ultimately leads that civilized society to deal with pipe bombs of emotionally charged outbursts of rage instead of firecrackers of brief displays of hormonal aggression.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
With so much said about the need to ban guns recently i have started to look at not gun violence but teen violence, many times for no reasons, that is imparted on society by youth.

Teen boyfriend beats girl into coma
Link
Teen beats parents with hammer/crowbar and stabs multiple times over iPad
Link
Teen stabs brother over video game
Link
Teen kills parents and shoots brother
Link
Teen kills family with hammer and throws a party
Link
Even children as young as 8
link
Cell phone causes mothers murder
Link

This is a small portion but what it shows it that it is not guns...it is something that is happening with these children who would kill their own parents...or siblings...or go on a shooting/stabbing spree killing those who are innocent not just those who may have pushed them to this point.

Blame video games? Nope. In the 80's they blamed rock music. The 90's it was rap culture. Blame 'violent' video games? I do not think that is the issue here. Blame parents? I cannot see this either as many times the parents are very involved and simply disciplining the children.

SSRI's come up quite a bit but mainly when it is someone who was known to have issues. Many of these cases are simply kids who, for one reason or the other, snapped. Having 3 children of my own it worries me to send them to school sometimes. All of them are coached as to what to do if there was ever a situation and I would hope they would react like the small group of kids who survived Sandy Hook by running as they did.

There is millions spent each year on the anti gun lobbies, etc but where is the research into why this is happening so often and in many times in good homes. Lack of simple discipline? Not being held accountable as kids were in the past?

prophet mohammad said that children would be filled with rage during the end times.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Isn't the most diligent parent capable of turning the television off?

and then you wrote

originally posted by: EternalSolace
That's when the TV comes into play; to babysit the kids while the parents make dinner because they're too tired to do both.

Parents are so overworked they cannot tend their children.

What we need is for television to be cleaned up!
I dont mean censorship, I mean an even balance. At the moment its ALL violence and bs.

In the uk childrens tv consists of the following.
White coated presenters telling them how nice the doctor/dentist etc is.
White coated presenters telling them they are to blame for global warming etc.
And hour upon hour of violence!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I agree that television should be cleaned up. However, as things stand it won't happen. The only way that content providers would clean up their programming is if enough people were to complain or cancel their subscriptions. That's not really a viable option as the television is needed as a babysitter.

Wouldn't a better option be to address how over worked we are as a society?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Well the end of times have been here since the start of the evolution of mammals then. [rolleye]

Mammals fight, we are mammals. It is important that the males fight, it shows them where their boundaries lie and also to feel empathy for others. Because if you get hurt during a 'good honest fight', you can project that hurt to others when they get hurt.
In today's society all physical contact is deemed bad.
This reduces the ability for kids to know their boundaries and to feel empathy. They can only go by what they see on TV or hear about on the internet.
However they have no way of confirming how dangerous something really is, after all it looks as if it is just normal to go and kill others or yourself. Once they find out, it is too late.

Playfight is a part of our genetic and social make up, if it is ignored, it WILL express itself in the wrong way.

Having said that, violence is also in the eye of the beholder. If you look at earlier cultures, such as the Vikings for example it was honorable to die in conflict, today, radicalised muslim youths believe falsely that it is honorable to die a martyr [or read 'idiot' instead].
In Japan, youths are committing suicide far more often because death has a different meaning in their culture.

It all boils down to what is culturally going on at the times. In the western world we do need to stop prohibiting everything 'dangerous' and let kids find their limits naturally again.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Well the end of times have been here since the start of the evolution of mammals then.
op wasnt talking about mammal evolution...he was making a point about how kids today are
dangerous. And I pointed out how it was predicted 1400 years ago.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join