It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Wild Men” May Be Lurking in North America’s Remote Woodlands

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735 All good, but I gotta say, modern technology has a mixed return on reducing savagery. Day to day in the West, much better, but seems we have traded more personal individual savagery for the occasional industrialized-apocalyptic savagery.

Interesting topic, different than scary-big foot. If they are continuing feral they would tend to be smaller, requiring less food, and easier to hide. Call them Littlefoot?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm a feral human, I shave and bathe to keep from scaring you domesticated one's considering people in general tend to destroy those things which they do not understand.

I don't think the term "Feral" is quite correct though, unafraid to be free and accept the responsibilities of freedom should not be termed as something negative as the term "Feral" implies.

I feel sorry for you domesticated one's sitting in your self made prisons and being exploited like livestock.

The animals run from you because they watch what you do to each other.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: sled735

This is more a way to scare the average person of people who live in the wilderness, completely off the grid.

When they have come to visit me, sometimes even in the city of nutjobs they get wild-eyed looks.

Anyone who can go toe to toe with wild animals and win should be respected... everyone knows this... even in the city of nutjobs!

hahahaha
edit on 1-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: MrInquisitive
I am interested in those books.
Even after pricing them on Amazon, I am interested in them... darn they are pricy.
From what I have gathered, the author isn't just some nut. He has apparently investigated these cases pretty thoroughly and there are some really strange things that he has found.
ETA: Thanks for posting the YT vids.

You're welcome for the YT links; there was another, earlier interview, which I just found again (I had linked to it in another thread here on creepy forest stories, which is where I first heard of these books). Here it is:

As to the cost of the books, I haven't checked his website, but from what he has said in interviews, his books are cheaper (about half the price) via his website than from Amazon. That said, I do recommend you check out the 1-star reviews for his book. There is one guy that really has it in for Paulides and an epic flame war broke out between them there in the comments. I think it is worth reading what this skeptic has to say. Additionally, in his latest CtC interview, some of Paulides theories as well as cases seem a lot more sketchy. He includes one case of a woman who was actually found, but then died in the helicopter rescue effort; why he includes this case makes no sense. In addition, he thinks it is significant that a lot of the disappearances occur in granite formations and that a lot also involve picking wild berries; these things just seem like obvious correlations that have no causation, so the fact that he is making a big deal out of them undercuts his gravitas in my estimation.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The overwhelming theme was a focus on how feral humans lived without much to survive on and with the constant threat of being discovered and put into prison or some work camp or a shelter if you are lucky. They shun any public support and view the wast human enterprise around them as something outside of their area of effective participation capacity. They tend to find nitches in the cracks of society to habitate within. They also want to not be seen most of the time. Most feral humans are not beggars on the street and often are in conflict with those that are pure parasites on the society. Many have adjustment problems associated with being expected to operate in a world that for them does not seem real. Unless they are directed within their own mind to operate in a common sphere of what seems normal to most of us they just follow their own voice no matter what it looks like to the rest of us. Most of us would call them mentally ill for not going along with the norm. They look at most of us like we are some kind of zombie horde directed by forces outside our control. We dance to the tune of the piper to them and follow blindly to our doom.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sourcecontroller
They look at most of us like we are some kind of zombie horde directed by forces outside our control. We dance to the tune of the piper to them and follow blindly to our doom.

I think they got it right.

Thank you for your post. You seem to know a lot about them.

edit on 6/7/2014 by sled735 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join