It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratified rock

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

I see. So you're basing your theory on a book of bronze and iron age myths?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

However long it took for light to burst forth into the universe, could be considered a God timescale of a "Day".

The oldest, most tedious argument made by creationists trying to save their belief. And — as even the most cursory comparison of the Bible story with what we know about the evolution of the universe, Earth and life will show — completely, totally false.

And Bible quotes are only meaningful to Biblethumpers, so why do you bother? Intelligent people stop reading as soon as they see chapter and verse numbers.

edit on 1/6/14 by Astyanax because: of chapter and worse.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax
Hmmmm, so by your standards, no intelligent person reads the Bible?

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For the perusal of interested parties:http:

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Hmmmm, so by your standards, no intelligent person reads the Bible?

No, that was not implied. Any reasonably intelligent person should, I think, be able to understand my post without further elucidation.

If you cannot, please don't feel bad about it. I'm sure you have many sterling qualities of character and personality.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Intelligent people stop reading as soon as they see chapter and verse numbers. 

How does this not imply that intelligent people do not read the Bible. What exactly does "intelligent people stop reading as soon as they see chapter and verse numbers" imply?
It would seem that you place a huge store in what people think of your intellectual abilities.
I truly hope you preform better in other areas. It would seem that intellect may not be your strong suit after all.

edit on 1-6-2014 by Quadrivium because: fix quote

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

How does this not imply that intelligent people do not read the Bible.

Losing your temper will only make the problem harder. Think! Think!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

How does this not imply that intelligent people do not read the Bible.

Losing your temper will only make the problem harder. Think! Think!

I was going to respond to your earlier post but I see you lost the argument already.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I believe we are having an argument about stratified rock, not about whether or not I suggested that intelligent people don't read the Bible.

I take it you're another Bible-reader, then?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
In my opinion, somewhere in there is lost 'taking for literal words/stories from Bible'.

Back to topic - Dr. Tyson in last episode explained how White Cliffs of Dover were formed over millions of years from microorganisms. How do our bible-readers explain such deposits in such a short time?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
In my opinion, somewhere in there is lost 'taking for literal words/stories from Bible'.

Back to topic - Dr. Tyson in last episode explained how White Cliffs of Dover were formed over millions of years from microorganisms. How do our bible-readers explain such deposits in such a short time?

Did you even read the thread?

I posited a scenario, not gonna retype for the lazy
here

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Don't you think that your explanation negates itself. How everything got formed before that 14th verse? Did earth rotate around sun or not?

Let's face it - bible is not scientific book, does not explain creation of universe nor life... that is not exactly how it happened, nor there were witnesses as believed by religious folks... nor there is any traces of God's handy work - while science has lots of data how it happened, how log it took, and why is still changing - everything, including our own galaxy witch is running toward hug with Andromeda galaxy - hug that will change both of them forever...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
that is not exactly how it happened, nor there were witnesses as believed by religious folks... nor there is any traces of God's handy work - while science has lots of data how it happened, how log it took, and why is still changing - everything, including our own galaxy witch is running toward hug with Andromeda galaxy - hug that will change both of them forever...

What kinds of traces of God's handy work are you talking about? A florescent sign saying "God created everything". There is lots of stuff that us out in the universe & we can't say for sure if it points to a god or not. Look at the God particle for instance, we don't for sure know if its a sign of a god or not but it could be.

For the record: I believe a higher power put everything in motion & evolution is the natural process that has taken place since.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Margana
What kinds of traces of God's handy work are you talking about? A florescent sign saying "God created everything". There is lots of stuff that us out in the universe & we can't say for sure if it points to a god or not. Look at the God particle for instance, we don't for sure know if its a sign of a god or not but it could be.

For the record: I believe a higher power put everything in motion & evolution is the natural process that has taken place since.

Exactly that kind of traces - how it was created. There is no evidence in actions of any 'higher power'. In the end - if there was existence of higher power - firstly we go back to what created 'higher power' as well - what could be motif for such a creation.

LOL at your comment about God Particles - do you know where that term comes from and what Higgs himself was thinking about it? Do you know that phenomenon has nothing to do with God?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I haven't read through the whole thread, but if you search the interwebz for cases of coal and oil being created in the lab in a matter of years, you will find successful experiments.

Also, sorry if this has already been posted, but check out "Experiments in Stratification" on YT. This not only gives a very viable alternative to stratification formulation, but goes one step further and lab tests the theory (which has never been done for the accepted model). It shows how stratification can and will form very quickly if water current is taken into consideration.

The idea that strata grows slowly at a certain rate of x per year, was based on uniformitarianism and the suggestion that the earth has always been the same and ALSO that the water containing the sediment was at rest, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me personally. Check out the YT for an interesting alternative.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

First off, Youtube is a terrible source of information. Second off, post your own sources. Don't tell us to go look crap up for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

can you explain salt beds ? - if not go back to the drawing board [ or youtube
] - if yes -explain

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxRagingxPandaxX
a reply to: XxRagingxPandaxX
I'm really curious as to how a true believer in a 6 thousand year old earth reconciles contemporary geology. Iv heard of the satan counter argument. Not exactly convincing, as god made the earth. Not satan. Scripture does not say that satan is responsible for the earth's Genisis.

But was it really god or satan?

Who is more likely to create humans with many flaws and then drown them all in a giant flood?

Who is more likely to order the sacrifice of humans in his name?

Who is more likely to order the complete destruction of several cities along with all of their inhabitants?

If you said Satan, you are correct, but each one of those statements describes the god of the old testament.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join