It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Renewing my evil god challenge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

First of all, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I clearly posted in the OP, you have to show me something that pertains to me today, not a judgement God handed down THOUSANDS of years ago in a specific situation.

Second of all, I explained that passage in question. It wasn't innocent young children, it was a group of adolescent thugs who were threatening a prophets life.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

Jesus is giving an eternal commandment, commanding all men of all time that if they love Him, to follow His Commandments. What are His Commandments? To love the LORD your God with all your being, and to love your neighbor as yourself.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some are eternal and some aren't? It sounds like you're making choices for him.

First of all, you're not understanding what I'm saying. I clearly posted in the OP, you have to show me something that pertains to me today, not a judgement God handed down THOUSANDS of years ago in a specific situation.

Are they then eternal or are they completely relative?
edit on 28-5-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Nope,

Just proclaiming Orthodox Christian Theology as it's been taught for the past 2,000 years.

link   
what your asking for is not something anyone can provide you with. Your mind is made up on the subject & you see the OT God as being "HOLY" and just in his actions.

People are saying that if God is allegedly super loving & kind then he wouldn't need to go to such extremes as he has done.

There are people who do go and protest at the U.S Supreme Court for executing people. It doesn't matter what is on the person's heart, the person getting executed usually did horrible crimes & some people believe you should die for those crimes. That doesn't mean that EVERYBODY feels the same way. I think death is a release & people who commit violent crimes, should rot in prison. ((I don't meant the prisons that exist today that is hardly a punishment & there are some other beliefs I have that ties in with this but I'm not going to go into big details about it, unless requested, in order to save room/stay on topic))

Don't worry about what other people believe/say, it has 0 impact on you. God wouldn't want you to be so worked up over something so trivial as to what other people believe.

link   

No, no, no. I said Christianity was not the only true religion (whatever "true" is) you kinda twisted up my words a little there huh? So why do you want to renounce your faith so badly? I mean, issuing a challenge kinda seems like you just need an excuse. I'm probably just reading it wrong though, you seem like a fervent little Christian soldier!

Kallisti
edit on Cpm4Wednesday1620141331Wed, 28 May 2014 16:16:13 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: typo

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Nope,

Just proclaiming Orthodox Christian Theology as it's been taught for the past 2,000 years.

So some are eternal and some are relative according to Orthodox Christian Theology and not God?

link   
a reply to: Aphorism

You need to brush up on your understanding of the Old and New Covenants.

Why should I explain what Doctors of the Church have explained in 500 page discourses over a thousand years ago?

Why should I teach you what you can learn if you'll seek?

I'm not that smart nor do I have the patience.

link   

originally posted by: godlover25

Second of all, I explained that passage in question. It wasn't innocent young children, it was a group of adolescent thugs who were threatening a prophets life.

First of all, God doesn't change, remember? If he did it 2,000 years ago, there's no reason he wouldn't do it now. That's the definition of eternal. No ending, no beginning, and unchanging. Look it up.

Speaking of looking things up, those children didn't threaten him. They mocked him. Huge difference. And yes, it literally says "mock", not "threaten". They did nothing but call him names and laugh at him. Which clearly calls for a brutal and lethal mauling by a bear.

Your excuses are exactly that.
edit on 28-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Then why did you put yourself in a position to judge such a contest as this one? I rest my case - fixed game, cut and dry.

Peace.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

All modern mainstream religions contain tidbits of Truth.

Judaism has the True Father and the True Scriptures, but are lacking the fulness of the New Covenant and the Son of God.

Islam has the True Doctrine of Monotheism and a knowledge of Gods Prophets, but again are outside of the New Covenant and lack the grace of the Son.

Hinduism teaches a True Theism but lack true Scripture and are outside of the New Covenant,

Buddhism teaches a True Philosophy but lacks True theology.

And I've already explained, Truth is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is Life, Light, Love, Peace, Wisdom, Justice.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

No, no, no. I said Christianity was not the only true religion (whatever "true" is) you kinda twisted up my words a little there huh? So why do you want to renounce your faith so badly? I mean, issuing a challenge kinda seems like you just need an excuse. I'm probably just reading it wrong though, you seem like a fervent little Christian soldier!

Kallisti

He has no intention of renouncing his religion.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

READ what I WRITE.

They THREATENED HIS LIFE. If you understand the context instead of falsely judging and jumping to conclusions, you will see this.

If you continue to not read, continue to falsely judge, continue to not discern Truth, you will not see.
edit on 5/28/2014 by godlover25 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

READ what I WRITE.

They THREATENED HIS LIFE. If you understand the context instead of falsely judging and jumping to conclusions, you will see this.

If you continue to not read, continue to falsely judge, continue to not discern Truth, you will not see.

Once more...

21 And he went forth unto the spring of the waters, and cast the salt in there, and said, Thus saith the Lord, I have healed these waters; there shall not be from thence any more death or barren land.

22 So the waters were healed unto this day, according to the saying of Elisha which he spake.

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

25 And he went from thence to mount Carmel, and from thence he returned to Samaria.

There are no life threatening situations in these verses. Other than the bears, of course. I would also like to point out where it says "mocked him". Ooooh, he got mocked. Such a terrible thing to do. Those children deserved to be shredded for daring to offend a man of such stature.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If God commanded me to kill somebody or rape somebody, I would renounce that religion in a SECOND.

God would be proven to be evil, just like "evilbible" claims.

However, nobody can show me God commanding me to do such things, because HE DOESN'T.

He handed down judgements in the past that were RIGHTEOUS and TRUE and JUST.

Again, why don't you go and protest the U.S. Supreme Court? They hand out judgements daily that are neither righteous nor true.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Go up ya baldhead, go up ya baldhead. They weren't just making fun of his bald head. They were saying "we're going to send you to the afterlife, just like your master Elijah who went up. Ready to die?"

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You need to brush up on your understanding of the Old and New Covenants.

Why should I explain what Doctors of the Church have explained in 500 page discourses over a thousand years ago?

Why should I teach you what you can learn if you'll seek?

Oh so we're not talking about the Bible or God at all, but your favourite interpretations of them? That proves a lot.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Margana

Thank you for bringing me to my senses.

Sometimes I forget I'm not Paul standing at the Areopagus, and I'm just a chump sitting on his computer on ATS, lol.

I'm gonna go spend some time with my wife then head to Church for Vespers, tomorrow we celebrate the Ascension of the Lord.

God bless

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Go up ya baldhead, go up ya baldhead. They weren't just making fun of his bald head. They were saying "we're going to send you to the afterlife, just like your master Elijah who went up. Ready to die?"

Is that an interpretation? Because I didn't read that in those verses.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Why do you seek an excuse to renounce your faith? What is truth? Because what I see as "true" us different from what you see or believe. So "truth", then, is obviously not concrete but rather abstract and in so being, inherently subjective.

Jesus (Horus, Krishna, Tammuz etc.) is not true to me, nothing is. Say I toss five pebbles onto the ground. These five pebbles happen to fall into a shape like five points on a Pentagon. I argue that the shapes correlate to a shape consistent with that recognized as a "star" you see a Pentagon. Which is true? Neither and both.

Hail Eris

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If God commanded me to kill somebody or rape somebody, I would renounce that religion in a SECOND.

God would be proven to be evil, just like "evilbible" claims.

However, nobody can show me God commanding me to do such things, because HE DOESN'T.

He handed down judgements in the past that were RIGHTEOUS and TRUE and JUST.

Again, why don't you go and protest the U.S. Supreme Court? They hand out judgements daily that are neither righteous nor true.

Commanding you, specifically? Of course not. We're not inside your head. And asking us to do that is just plain ridiculous. Nor does it prove anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join