It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Barack Obama "Let them eat cake" Moment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Can a gay person get an Obamacake in Colorado?

Only if you get a abortion after.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: burntheships

It's being taken out of context. The actual quote (with the original report question) was:

Reporter: Mr President, do you have any intention of asking Eric Holder to resign over the Frosted and Furious or illegally tapping the AP's Whoopie Pies?
Obama: That's.... that's ridiculous. Uh... I uh.... I think we can all uh.. agree that cake is delicious... uh... in uh.... moderation, right Michelle? *practiced laugh* But uh... you see the uh... that cake.... you didn't bake that! Yeah... you didn't bake that uh... that cake alone. It took a farmer to grow the uh... the stuff inside the cake. raise the uh... eggs and uh... grow the butter. It took uh... *scratches nostril* it took people... people to turn on machines that uh... packaged the cake mix. It took people to uh... to build your oven, but don't tell them 'cause I told them they didn't build that, too. *awkward audience laughter*
My predecessor, he left... he... I inherited a fruitcake and I... uh... we passed the uh... the Making Cake Pay act that uh... we funded fork-ready cakes, you know. The American people... they deserve better. They deserve tiramisu uh... but too often they... well they get stuck with day old angel food cake and uh... and a runny tub of Cool Whip. *confused but wild applause* We're gonna make sure that Wallstreet knows the new rules. They gotta give the people a slice. Ok?
Reporter: Sir, what about Eric Holder?
Obama: Instead of askin' me questions, let the American people eat their cake. Listen. this is the most transparent icing in presidential history. You can see right through it.
Reporter: Sir, you're icing the cake with water mixed with a small amount of sugar.
Obama: You're a racist. Next question?

^^^^^^^ Winner of Post of The Day Trophy...

My ribs will ache for at least a week from laughing so hard.....

Des

edit on 28-5-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

( sounds just like him...rotfl....was this at that dinner for the press?
)

"If you like your health insurance, you can keep your health insurance"

I think he definitely said that.

Present for beezer!

edit on 28-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

lol, wow...

that's just as insensitive, if not more so, than that time she wore 900 dollar shoes to a homeless shelter....so classy..

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

economically, the cake is a more sound, and affordable investment, than the insurance policy....

you can eat the cake, it costs WAY less, and if you don't buy it, or insurance, they will take ALL your money, and send you a bill for whatever you still "owe" past everything you have.

with the insurance, it's prohibitively expensive, you can't use it, and, it's not chocolate....

clearly, you can see obamacake™ is the way to go, AMIRITE?
edit on 5-31-2014 by Daedalus because: missing word

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
and because i have to...and because nobody has..

"the cake is a lie"

....or is it?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join