It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom ‘Looking Over Shoulder’ After Cop-Husband Convicted of Framing Her

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The ex-wife of a disgraced Texas police officer who has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and five years probation for framing her on drug charges said today she is glad the “nightmare” is over but said, “I will always be looking over my shoulder.” “If anyone would have ever told me I would have drugs planted on me by my ex-husband, another police officer and a local criminal, I would have never believed them,” Laura Covington told ABC News today.

Scumbag cop only gets 30 days in jail & five years probation! Whereas she would've gotten several years in jail if she was convicted.

The court determined that Jeffrey Covington and a second police officer arranged with a third person to plant drugs in Laura Covington’s vehicle. She was seven months pregnant when she was arrested and her two children were taken away from her for five weeks.

The other cop isn't mentioned by name, so good luck with the follow up.

Is there going to be a story that just "sets it off" for the rest of us? How bad is bad? When do we say enough, no more?

Source

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

That is BS. He should of received a harsher punishment.

As a police officer he is and should be held to a higher standard. That higher standard should include stricter punishment for crimes committed due to the position he held.

At least he was caught and punished though. That is a positive.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I won't be surprise if after his 30 days, maybe 2-3 months after something else happens. Either this woman will decide to "commit suicide" or she'll accidentally slip out of her window... It's sad, but it won't be surprising.

She's right to keep looking over her shoulder for some time to come, you don't just get away with outing a police officer

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

As a police officer he is and should be held to a higher standard. That higher standard should include stricter punishment for crimes committed due to the position he held.

At least he was caught and punished though. That is a positive.

With all due respect, how is 30 days considered punishment for a felony?

Let alone the breach of trust as a cop?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Very Good question. I don't have the capability to create the needed spark, do you?

Our country is too big for it's own good now. Too many people to, too little time, not enough money to keep up our created lives......it's gonna have to be a big conspiracy that gets blown open to get us all on board.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Is there going to be a story that just "sets it off" for the rest of us? When do we say enough, no more? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are way too many stories like this...and many more that are even worse.
So far, I haven't heard of any viable solutions to stop the degradation of society- other than violent uprising. That one I find laughable- the drones aren't on our side, and we don't have the keys to the FEMA camps.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Don't blame cops. Blame the judge. Guarantee the cops that actually investigated the thing and exonerated her want him locked up. Frickin disgrace.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Don't blame cops. Blame the judge. Guarantee the cops that actually investigated the thing and exonerated her want him locked up. Frickin disgrace.

True that!

These judges need held to the fire just as much as the police whom abuse their authority!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Punishment has a broad definition. I was simply pointing out that at least he received punishment.

That being said, in my post I said that I felt he should of received a harsher punishment.

By the way, as a police officer I have arrested hundreds of people with prior criminal records for committing violent felonies whom only received probation as their punishment.

I have also arrested people for filing false reports and/or writing false statements who only received probation. Some even got off with pre trial diversion.

The judicial system is flawed for sure.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I'm a little surprised and somewhat pleased to see someone in law enforcement echoing what I've been saying for years. Most LEO's I've known seem to thrive on the fact that they can get away with a little extra due to their position.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Agreed. Judges don't get the attention they deserve.

Any proactive ideas?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No, blame the cops too.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

Any proactive ideas?

You're asking a lot of a guy that just spent half an hour wrestling with his dog.

ETA While laughing like a 5 year old
edit on 2820140520141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Maybe I missed it, but what happened to the other cop and drug dealer? Did they not get charged?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

There's supposedly a trial coming up, but since the other officer isn't named, who the heck knows?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude

Any proactive ideas?

You're asking a lot of a guy that just spent half an hour wrestling with his dog.

ETA While laughing like a 5 year old

I'm sorry for hoping you'd have two good ideas in the same thread.

/Still hoping

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

30 days is most def not enough time this guy deserves 5 years at least. Granted as soon as he goes in and the other inmates find out he was a cop hes on his own. Nobody will have his back not the woods, the skinheads, mexicans or the blacks. In fact they will all probably be gunning for him. He might even get raped by the pedos since hes on his own.

If he is smart he will PC up and stay on lockdown the whole 30 days. Its only 30 days though thats nothing. I hope he gets raped and stabbed in the butt hole with a christmas tree knife like in American me.

Im curious though how the woman was able to prove she was set up? Anybody know how that played out?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

texas rangers & hair samples showed no meth.

its in the video.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How is it possible that he gets a slap on the wrist, when she would have gotten so long in prison? It makes no sense. How would that crime have been worse? This is an example of two things blatantly wrong with this country...The first is that the punishments are sporadic, do not fit the crime half the time because it is up to the discretion of individuals, and therefore justice is not Justice...and second, police officers get away with things that civilians would not get away with. It is that simple, considering it has happened numerous times.

If a civilian broke the law they would not consider his/her occupation as relevant to their punishment, so how is it that cops get away with more? I think they should be held to much higher standards, considering they are tasked with enforcing the law. It is a serious thing when those tasked with enforcing the law are breaking it.
edit on 5/28/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Don't blame cops. Blame the judge.

Screw that. I'll blame the cops too thank you very much. Isn't possession of drugs illegal also? Why wasn't he charged with possession himself?

Good cops?

Where are they now that he has been found in possession of drugs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join