It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Yes or No Question - Should All Humans Have Equal Rights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

originally posted by: robbeh
No.....sex crimes .. nuff said

Bloodthirsty scum.

So, when a child is abused sexually, you want to abuse the abuser.

But when that child grows up to abuse children, they deserve no sympathy?

People like you are just as screwed up in the head.

Criminals are in need of HELP...

Not whatever your twisted, unenlightened opinion of "punishment" seems to be.

God help us.

We are ALL monsters.
idc wat u think zzzzzz i stand by my original statement

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I believe the focus should be more on equity before equality. Without equity; equality becomes a misguided notion. So NO; it is not a simple "yes or no" question after all....

@ What about the countries that refuse to engage in equal basic human rights?

Hmmm, well considering that the U.S makes up only 5 % of the global population, yet uses 25 % of the world’s fossil fuel resources should make one think a bit a deeper about the topic, huh? Which, btw, could not be accomplished without the exploitation of third world nations that are rich in resources. The exploitation of basic human rights by the Western World of poorer nations in order to exploit these resources is ironic considering the theme of the OP.

The United States, with less than 5 % of the global population, uses about a quarter of the world’s fossil fuel resources—burning up nearly 25 % of the coal, 26 % of the oil, and 27 % of the world’s natural gas.
As of 2003, the U.S. had more private cars than licensed drivers, and gas-guzzling sport utility vehicles were among the best-selling vehicles.
New houses in the U.S. were 38 % bigger in 2002 than in 1975, despite having fewer people per household on average.

www.worldwatch.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.worldwatch.org...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
All should have equal rights, period. There is one exception and that is if you are a danger to others. That dangerous section would include sexual predators, pedophiles, serial Killers or people with severe mental health issues that, again, would make them a danger to others. What's the issue? All deserve equal rights unless they are dangerous.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm bumping this thread because the topic has come up on another thread and I"m bringing this forward for folks on that thread to see ...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Equity is substantive equality and yes, thats needed.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join