It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More weirdness on ATS while loading pages.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Like others, I keep getting the 408 page, and it isn't because of slow load times, I mean I click a link and BAM! There it is. Though hitting refresh once or twice will get to the thread.

I'm also seeing this quite often.

and this.

Hell I can't even preview the post to see if the pics uploaded properly.

I've ran scans and everything is clean. Cleared the cache and deleted cookies. Even ran clean disk and defragged. And yes, I did do a restart.

Is this on my end or my providers or is ATS under attack again?

It's getting annoying.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Ive been getting 408 on just about every other post i click on, and its not because i have a slow connection its over 2 megs. I have not had your problem come up yet but it does seem like something is wrong with ATS. I have also cleaned my cookies and defragged still happening.

edit on 28-5-2014 by desertguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Like others, I keep getting the 408 page, and it isn't because of slow load times, I mean I click a link and BAM! There it is. Though hitting refresh once or twice will get to the thread.

I'm also seeing this quite often.

and this.

Hell I can't even preview the post to see if the pics uploaded properly.

I've ran scans and everything is clean. Cleared the cache and deleted cookies. Even ran clean disk and defragged. And yes, I did do a restart.

Is this on my end or my providers or is ATS under attack again?

It's getting annoying.

When you get pages like that, it is a problem with slow server response. Put it down to the NSA peeing on you, they certainly are on AOL.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

It happens to me on all devices, on all networks, on all operating systems...it's been consistent ever since the last major site format upgrade. I normally have to hit refresh about 5 times before I can get to the new topics or my ats page, the same goes for actual threads. Giving a star a flag to a deserving member is very difficult to do a well. I will point out it's less frequent on my iPhone but I rarely go on ATS while on my mobile anymore. I sure wish this site worked on PCs.

I can barely read threads anymore because of these issues, it's frustrating to say the least.

I just had to refresh this page like 10 times just to re-edit this post!

edit on 5/28/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I guess that I'm just a curious guy and when I see something that is consistently going wrong, I just want to know why and what is being done about it. Or even what I can do about it.

It does seem that other members aren't getting the glitches, but some are.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This error is typically caused by our server thinking your Internet connection to it closed before the content you requested could be sent.

Our staff is on ATS a great deal, and no one is reporting this. So this is odd.

Are there any geographic similarities amongst those seeing this error?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I encounter these errors on a US based server which I am on right now (at work). I also experience the exact same issues at home on my personal internet (in Canada). I have experienced it on Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. The issue also affects my iPhone at times both on my 3G connection from my provider, and WI FI at home.

It is intermittent at times, but very consistent when it does occur.

Realistically there is a work around which is to refresh the heck out of the page until it works. I also find that clicking on the Home tab then going back to what ever you were trying to view previously is a good work around too.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Would that explain why I was logged out twice yesterday while clicking on a link? I have COX communication as my provider and am not having any problems accessing other sites. My geographic local is NE Ohio. Is there a way to see if other members in this region are having the same issues? I'm thinking that it could be a communication problem between my provider and the ATS server.

But I'm not that savvy. More of just a user.

I just find it weird.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The first most-important troubleshooting method, when you experience the problem, is a trace route from your computer to www.abovetopsecret.com

Or… identify if there is any specific thread or page that experiences the error the most.

I'm not seeing any performance oddities on our servers that might cause this problem.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This error is typically caused by our server thinking your Internet connection to it closed before the content you requested could be sent.

Our staff is on ATS a great deal, and no one is reporting this. So this is odd.

Hi, no, I'm getting it too and have been for a week or so. I'm in Scotland so it's not an American only thing. I thought it was something to do with my own connection, but maybe not.
Also I agree with TDawg, the preview option won't work for me either when I'm posting. That's been for a wee while now, not sure exactly how long.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
One of the most intrusive sites for "advertising" and tracking as far as I'm concerned.
I have always believed that this site is what is referred to as "controlled opposition." There is information out there that would suggest that this site was and still is a CIA front.
It's used to identify and control elements of society whom have no trust in government or any power structure in place.
Everything you do and type, everyone you interact with, all your opinions and believes are tracked and used to build profiles of you and your friend's.
Then spooks are used to create threads that seem to pop up out of nowhere like someone was reading your mind or something.Threads and topics that seem to be right up your alley.
Anyone else notice? Yeah I'm sure you do but no one says anything because it's to crazy right?

All hail Skeptic.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I sent the staff a message yesterday about this issue. The 408 occurs quite frequently and ATS is the only site that gives me that error.

The machine I am on now (work) receives the error quite a bit, but only once in a while at home. Could it be an issue with browsers?

Using chrome at work and FF at home.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Our support provider has apparently seen similar issues with other hardware clusters for which they provide support, at the same hosting provider we use. They're starting some tests to identify the issue. Stay tuned.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Thanks SO.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I had similar issues off and on yesterday. Click a link, error page. Refresh, error page. Pop open a new tab and try again, no problem. Happened a few times, a few different threads. I forget the exact error message but it was new to me so I figured ATS was having issues.

No big deal, stuff happens. I was wondering if I was the only one with issues though. I'm in the Seattle area if that helps. Comcast, MacBook Pro. I was about to hop on the PC but backing out and trying again seemed to resolve the issues. It wasn't the interwebs pooing on me, it was ATS, but it didn't last long at all. I tried a few other sites just to make sure I wasn't having issues with connectivity.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mark1167
There is information out there that would suggest that this site was and still is a CIA front.

Lies.

edit on 28-5-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Lies.

But that's the beauty of this, you wouldn't even know!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mark1167
One of the most intrusive sites for "advertising" and tracking as far as I'm concerned.
I have always believed that this site is what is referred to as "controlled opposition." There is information out there that would suggest that this site was and still is a CIA front.

It is not just this website, but all websites. In fact, everything you do is being recorded and tracked, from your credit card to phone calls you make to the books you even check out at the library.

What about the newest trick? The government even scans in your handwriting from the letters you mail! Yup, so keep that in-mind if you ever decide to handwrite any threatening letters, they'll know who you are in less than an hour (unless you were smart enough to use a fake name and fake social your entire life from even when you were 6).

It's used to identify and control elements of society whom have no trust in government or any power structure in place.

Then form a new government, one that you can trust...but nah, not here in america. We like big brother. big brother makes us feel "good." We are masochistic, and we need big brother's abuse. What would we do if we couldn't smell his bull#?

Anyone else notice? Yeah I'm sure you do but no one says anything because it's to crazy right?

Recently, the government has been listening to my phone calls, especially when I asked a Muslims friend what his interpretation of a jihad verse in the Koran was. In specific, I asked about Koran 5:33, the most black-and-white jihad verse of them all, and how could any Muslim misinterpret is beyond me, but hey, would you look at that? This post has just been flagged, and is now on its way to being read by someone in the government. Meanwhile, my cell phone will run out of battery life before I even get home because they are using it as a self-planted microphone...

All hail Skeptic.

All hail big brother.

But to the original poster, I've experienced the same problem as you once, but I think it's more due to my slow internet connection, since I'm on library computers. (Even though big brother already knows who I am, I do like to add as many layers of security as I can. I'll be damned if I get arrested by this government for exercising my First Amendment rights, which, believe it or not, they lock thousands of people up every decade for.)
edit on 28-5-2014 by iosolomon because: typo...had to make sure my post was correct since big brother will be reading this

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Wilmington, DE .... been getting a '408' loading message over and over for two or three days. I have no idea what it is for or what it means. I don't know if it's you guys or my computer. (I'm not techy). It's annoying ... but there it is.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The first most-important troubleshooting method, when you experience the problem, is a trace route from your computer to www.abovetopsecret.com

Or… identify if there is any specific thread or page that experiences the error the most.

I'm not seeing any performance oddities on our servers that might cause this problem.

I get it from time to time, my server AOLUK is channelled through the midlands UK somewhere.
I have seen reports elsewhere that it is a growing problem, and some users also report that the error 408 page just pops up without any request being sent. It's definitely an issue, and mostly happens to me when in the middle of a post, and unless you save in stages, you lose the lot.
edit on 28-5-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join