It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Will of Oneness (The All/God/Higher Self) vs The Will of The Individual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Let's say that there is a Will of Oneness (God/The All/The Whole). Does this Will work through people by their individual will or does it work through people by getting people to surrender their individual will?

Some people say "God's Will is My will because we are all One and The One moves through us all", but is that really true? If The Will of The One is the same as The Will of The Individual, then why is it that we don't always get everything we want?

If The Will of The All is not the same as The Individual, then that leads to another question. Does The Will of The Individual have the freedom to fight against The Will of The One or is it impossible to fight against it, and will only result in wasted effort and suffering?

=============================

Now that I asked this question in a philosophical way, let me ask it in a more spiritual way (in case it may be simpler than what I said above).

If God's Will is the individual person's will since we are all connected to God, then why do we not always get what we want? If God's Will is not the individual person's will, then is it possible to do something against the Will of God (who is all powerful) or is it only possible to try to resist God's Will but fail every time since God is stronger?
edit on 27-5-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

We were created to abide by the rules of human anatomy and disposition. We are free within that limited construct.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There are a couple of different ways to look at this.

There is Abraham (non-corporael being channeled by Esther Hicks) says that our desires are a single point of consciousness and will pull us into coherence with Source. In that sense yes your will is your personal manifestaion of divine will.

Then there is a more Buddhist take on things that suggests thinking of what you can do for others, to relieve their suffering (The Saint Frances Prayer in Christianity) first, second and last. That once you disolve the ego in service you will find your SELF that is enternal and joyous.

A quote is in order: Bill W. (co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous) speaking after 20 years of sobriety in a letter dated January 1958 writing about his freedom from depression and what it took.

"How shall our unconscious - from which so many of our fears, compulsions and phony aspirations still - be brought into line with what we actually believe, know and want.
My stability came out of trying to give, not out of demanding that I receive."

www.silkworth.net...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

We were created to abide by the rules of human anatomy and disposition. We are free within that limited construct.

I'm not talking about free-will (choice without hindrance from another).
I'm talking about Will (action towards a goal).

The Will of God (The Whole/Oneness/The All) vs The Will of The Individual

If "God" the greater consciousness of all things (The Spirit) is moving life toward a direction, is it possible to go against it and win achieving your own Will (Goal/Desire) or is it impossible and by trying to do so it will only be wasted effort and suffering?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Let's say that there is a Will of Oneness (God/The All/The Whole). Does this Will work through people by their individual will or does it work through people by getting people to surrender their individual will?

Some people say "God's Will is My will because we are all One and The One moves through us all", but is that really true? If The Will of The One is the same as The Will of The Individual, then why is it that we don't always get everything we want?

If The Will of The All is not the same as The Individual, then that leads to another question. Does The Will of The Individual have the freedom to fight against The Will of The One or is it impossible to fight against it, and will only result in wasted effort and suffering?

Your both one and the same. Here is where everyone misunderstands, when you pray to another "perceived separate God" you are praying to nothingness and universal energy wont hear your energetic demands (you are on a different wave length frequency). This is why prayer (even that done by a congregation of 100s of people doesn't work) and why you are not able to communicate with it.

[I]arpgme[/I]Now that I asked this question in a philosophical way, let me ask it in a more spiritual way (in case it may be simpler than what I said above). ...

Its a personal thing; you have to surrender will/Ego yet understand you are still an individualized aspect as a God partical (of itself fragment one and the same). Ask for wealth ask for health, all universal energy belongs to you; its in the understanding of whom your asking this of is the problem or misunderstanding.

edit on 27-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I'm not talking about free-will (choice without hindrance from another).
I'm talking about Will (action towards a goal).

You are free to pursue any action of your desire within the limitations of the human anatomy and disposition.

The Will of God (The Whole/Oneness/The All) vs The Will of The Individual

If "God" the greater consciousness of all things (The Spirit) is moving life toward a direction, is it possible to go against it and win achieving your own Will (Goal/Desire) or is it impossible and by trying to do so it will only be wasted effort and suffering?

To answer your question, from a metaphysical perspective, I can see how it is possible that I am all, yet I detached myself from the awareness of my participation in the behavior of others, so that I could watch a divine orchestration designed for me and by me.

If all is one, everything is your choice, even that which you perceive to be a separate person choosing something separate from what you, personally, wish to see. Say you want me to say the word, "right", but I say the word, "left". You didn't choose for me to say, "right", you chose for me to say, "left". Understanding this gives you insight into your place as the all. Your personal desire may not manifest, but when what manifests is recognized as your choice, you see that your will comes from something greater than your human self.

Will comes in this universe expressed through many separate individuals. Will is expressed through you. Will is expressed through me. You see it as your will, because it is your will. What's not seen is the full extent of you. Recognizing that you are all, you also recognize that all will is one will. The manifestation that comes from all will is intended to be a divine orchestration designed to impress each individual.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To follow up on my previous reply:

Love is to understand that all happens for your individual enjoyment. Love is the reconciliation of that supposed fact. The course of action, then, for someone who is aware of this, would be to do to others what you would like them to do for you. Although, as an individual, you can't know what it is others want, it doesn't matter. Everything that happens happens according to one will. If you kill someone, that is the will. But, if you do something good for someone, they will either appreciate it or not, it doesn't matter, but the fact is, you are in tune with your true self. That is you participating as the active unified mind of observation as well as the active unified mind of action. The degree to which you participate is proportional to the degree in which you are aware of your full self.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Though I'm not a Christian, Christians can fully relate to what I said:

Psalm 23
King James Version (KJV)
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

This passage is about the will of the one.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Some might say we all ARE god. The will of the individual is the godhead, The bridge between the mind and divinity. Quite simply an intention manifested through an acausal chain. If you believe you are at the mercy of an ethereal entity then you manifest (attract) that reality.

So can you will a winning lottery ticket, or will away cancer, no, but you can draw to you the opportunities to seize things yourself. Hardship is a fact of life, but to attribute it to the will of another only weakens the strength of your own intention.

Many will disagree, but that is my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I read about a study one time, where people were allowed to act without fear towards what they wanted, it was only the small percentage of psychopaths that did anything destructive - the rest of the people were, in fact, more productive.

One thing to note is that the psychopaths would have acted the same way regardless of being in the study or not.

There is an evil force present in our world that deceives us into believing that doing something good for ourselves or others is sinful. We live in a bountiful world, but this bounty is artificially denied us -

The reason we don't always get what we want is because we are instilled to be afraid, or other people driven by fear purposefully destroy our progress, hurting themselves or others (usually in the name of God, but I think the God they reference is an excuse to do evil things while being able to declare them as good).

Disregarding the fear and evil people pretending to be religious (not all religious people are evil, but some are most definitely - take a look at liberation theology in the Catholic Church as an example of Good, take a look at Young Earth Creationists spreading disinformation on purpose as an example of Evil),

we can move on to the more natural reasons we don't obtain the positive things that we want - and this is because we don't understand the correct cause-and-effect pathway to get there with an acceptable amount of gains and losses to make it worthwhile.

So in addition to understanding the pathway to change, we need to be willing to execute it - with these two steps, anything we want is within reach - but for starters, we have to be wise and experienced enough to do it in a gentle fashion -

IF we are not allowed to experience going for our goals and dreams, then we will be shorted this - and that is one way people in charge can prevent us from fully maturing, by stunting our growth in this manner.

In addition, as you can see from the understanding part, if people in charge or people in general are able to throw misinformation and lies to the public, it is going to make it hard for them to make educated decisions about their well-being.

An example of a lie would be a declaration: "Going to the store is wrong." No, it isn't. Talk in terms of cause-and-effect. Going to the store at 4 a.m. won't work, because the store is closed.

If you truly wish to break some of the chains surrounding your life, try replacing blanket statements about value judgments with realistic cause-and-effect ones.

Society in general would like you to believe that this would result in chaos, but as I said, there is little danger of that - only a small portion of society (psychopaths) would use that to their advantage, and to be honest, they are not going to be worried about how their actions affect others.

-----

In short, the reason we don't get what we want as often in society is because of societal constructs set up to prevent that from happening.
edit on 27pmTue, 27 May 2014 22:05:18 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I think that the will of the True God would not hinder the positive will of the individuals, but be harmonious.

However, I think that there is an Impostor God pretending to be the True God that rampages around, especially in America, that deceives us into thinking otherwise.

It could also be the affect of people in leadership positions who don't understand spirituality using it as a blanket excuse to be ignorant and destructive, thinking they won't be called out on it.

It is interesting that there is more positive spiritualism coming from science than religion these days. I'm not trying to be negative - you happened to write a post that coincided with my main thoughts for the day, interesting that we were thinking the same thing.
edit on 27pmTue, 27 May 2014 22:13:25 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I get a lot of my wisdom from personal experiences - having to deal with uneducated and inexperienced people who don't understand my proven way of doing something positive - they like to try to destroy it or sabotage it however they can.

It can be really annoying when they have a position of power. So I have to learn how to ignore them, defend myself from them, or explain things to them - that sort of thing -

the worst possible idea would be to believe someone with a negative or controlling attitude, unless they show evidence or make a good argument about why their way is more constructive / productive. That kind of thing.

More than likely, they are trying to use any excuse they can to maintain control over a situation they are not qualified to be in control of. It would even be better for them to be stood up to, because it would allow them personal growth.

No one benefits from growth stunted by false spiritualism.
edit on 27pmTue, 27 May 2014 22:20:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Its not beehive. Though Equality and Freedom wedded and this implies unity and concern for others. But we grow up our way nonetheless, though we may seek for inspiration, we're still the ones having to decide how to go about this and freedom is the first principle of all souls and not violated from on High, though the Essence of that Goodness is Love, we are always respected and freedom is our inviolate essence as well. This does mean sometimes it takes a while to get it right however. But we have Family on the sidelines guiding us through, we're not abandoned. Though we do sometimes mess things up pretty bad and it has to be sorted out or made up for in some way.

Kung fu panda Tigress - I did it my way

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Is God's Will and our Will not two sides of the same coin? The individual Will may be pursued but inevitably that Will shall succumb to the Greater Will, the Will of the Father.

A Father allows his kids outside to play and do what they like with their allotted time, but as soon as Dad tells them play time is over they must obey his command or face disciplinary action.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Its not beehive. Though Equality and Freedom wedded and this implies unity and concern for others.

This is what I think of whenever I hear the word "Heaven/Paradise", but for some reason, other people think of heaven as eternal worship.

If God is Love...

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

And...

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Then it makes sense that God is about Equality and Freedom not eternal worship (self-seeking).

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Love, equality and freedom do not exist for they are merely concepts of the finite human mind. It seems unwise to compare God to such perishable concepts.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

If god is love and god is all and you are all, are you love?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

Love, equality and freedom do not exist for they are merely concepts of the finite human mind. It seems unwise to compare God to such perishable concepts.

It's not a concept when you see it in action.

Not necessarily.

If God = Love + All
and I = All
then I NOT (necessarily) = Love

Since Love and All are being described as two different things here.

IF God = Love and All = Love, then All (including I) = God
[If A = B and C = B then C = A]

that would make more sense, but first all things would have to actually be "Love".

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Law states that there can not be anything outside of "The All" for it can not be "The All" by any other means.

The will of The All is the will of One. The will of One is the will of The All. All is One and One is All.

We aren't on a prophetic timeline but nor is it random. Things change based on every decision we make. Everything happens for a reason, but not to an ultimate end.

We don't get exactly what we want as 'individuals' due to the fact that other 'individuals' want an opposite of other 'individuals'.

On a collective scale, it is polarization at work. A yin yang factor of "The All". There is a give and get factor out there. We can't all have it at the same time. Nor are we meant to have certain things, it's just not for us at that time. Surely we will have what we want, so long as time allows it.

On an individual scale, it is still polarization at work. A yin yang factor within the 'self'. Change one pole to the other through vibration and motivate the 'self' to work for what it wants to manifest. You can never manifest something with the wrong attitude.

There is the notion that things can just fall into out laps out of thin air. Nope. That doesn't work on any standard. There is a space time continuum the universe must follow. Why? Because. That's why. It's just the way things are. Even in dream concepts there is a process of making things happen on a whim. It's the mind. The mind processes it and manifests it and with such speed. I'm sure there is a reason. Maybe because it is less 'dense' as people like to say.

*shrugs*

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

When you realize that you are all and are no longer under the illusion of division you will know.
When there is division, there will be conflict and fear and that cannot really know what love is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join