It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Agrees to Spend Half of Iron Dome Funds in U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The Israeli government has agreed to spend more than half the funds the Pentagon provides for its Iron Dome system in the U.S., bolstering the political appeal of the missile-defense system in America. Funds going to U.S. contractors for components of the Israeli-built, Pentagon-funded system will jump to 30 percent this year and 55 percent next year from 3 percent previously, according to a U.S. Missile Defense Agency report to Congress obtained by Bloomberg News. That amounts to at least $97 million of $176 million requested by the Defense Department for the coming fiscal year. Iron Dome is designed to intercept and destroy rockets capable of flying as far as 70 kilometers (44 miles). It gained international attention in 2012, when Israeli and U.S. officials said the system intercepted about 400 rockets fired at Israel, or about 85 percent of those targeted as heading toward populated areas during eight days of fighting between Israel and the militant Islamic Hamas movement that controls the Gaza Strip.

Well isn't this nice we pay for it and they agree to spend half of the money in the US. Who cares what our Vets need or what our people in the field need as long as Israel gets what they want. And to top it all off the defense department gives them another 175 million last week. Wouldn't it just be easier to just give them a blank check?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oh yes, Iron Dome…. a feel good about the notion can be found here:

Kick Start your night

ETA: Subliminal message? You be the judge…
edit on 27-5-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The Israeli government has agreed to spend more than half the funds the Pentagon provides for its Iron Dome system in the U.S., bolstering the political appeal of the missile-defense system in America. Funds going to U.S. contractors for components of the Israeli-built, Pentagon-funded system will jump to 30 percent this year and 55 percent next year from 3 percent previously, according to a U.S. Missile Defense Agency report to Congress obtained by Bloomberg News. That amounts to at least $97 million of $176 million requested by the Defense Department for the coming fiscal year. Iron Dome is designed to intercept and destroy rockets capable of flying as far as 70 kilometers (44 miles). It gained international attention in 2012, when Israeli and U.S. officials said the system intercepted about 400 rockets fired at Israel, or about 85 percent of those targeted as heading toward populated areas during eight days of fighting between Israel and the militant Islamic Hamas movement that controls the Gaza Strip.

Well isn't this nice we pay for it and they agree to spend half of the money in the US. Who cares what our Vets need or what our people in the field need as long as Israel gets what they want. And to top it all off the defense department gives them another 175 million last week. Wouldn't it just be easier to just give them a blank check?

Here is a 2012 list of foreign aid by the US. I wonder of everyone on the list, how much they spend back in the US? The West Bank got 487 M how much came back? I can't think of a single instance where any country spent any part of their aid back in the US. Maybe I just never saw a news report I don't honestly know.

We waste billions propping up countries who could give a rats about us, yet you complain about Israel sending half the money for the Iron Dome back to the US? What's to complain about? How much did Pakistan send back? I googled it and found zippo, but I would suspect it was nothing, just complaints is all that came back.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

We waste billions propping up countries who could give a rats about us, yet you complain about Israel sending half the money for the Iron Dome back to the US? What's to complain about? How much did Pakistan send back? I googled it and found zippo, but I would suspect it was nothing, just complaints is all that came back.

Somebody needs to learn how to use Google. I found this in less than a minute.

U.S. financial aid to Pakistan since the September 11, 2001 attacks

Between 2002-2010, US Congress approved $18 billion in military and economic aid from the United States. However the Pakistan Treasury only received $8.647 billion in direct financial payments. Western officials have claimed nearly 70% (roughly $3.4 billion) of Military aid given to the military has been misspent in 2002-2007 and used to cover civilian deficit.However,Pakistan argues the civilian deficit was caused by poor economy from the War on Terror. However U.S-Pakistani relationship has been a transactional based and U.S military aid to Pakistan and aid conditions has been shrouded in secrecy for several years until recently . Furthermore a significant proportion of U.S. economic aid for Pakistan has ended up in back in the U.S., as funds are channeled through large U.S. contractors. A U.S. lawmaker also said majority of U.S. economic aid has not left the U.S. as it spent on consulting fees and overhead cost. Pakistan also states it has spent $80 billion on the War on Terror since 2001.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This way, the defense contractors, the ones that donate extensively to campaigns, will have money to donate. Those poor struggling defense contractors need to eat. We should be asking why we thinking of funding Israel's defense project at all, they have plenty of money. This doesn't actually help the Israeli people, it makes them more of a target. The government there will be able to be more aggressive since they have this system.

Hopefully it works better than those oversized F35 jets that need special runways to land on vertically.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I think your anger should be directed at US politicians who approve all of this foreign aid.

You won't see Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, or any other nation receiving funds spending our aid dollars in the US.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

So a portion going back was money spent on contractors coming to their country to help fight the War On Terror? The rest is spent on consulting and overhead. Consulting and overhead? Whatever that means. The most important part of that info you quoted is that it's all usually shrouded in secrecy.

The US Military Industrial Complex continues and loves it some War On Terror!
edit on 27-5-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Somebody needs to learn how to use Google. I found this in less than a minute.

U.S. financial aid to Pakistan since the September 11, 2001 attacks

Between 2002-2010, US Congress approved $18 billion in military and economic aid from the United States. However the Pakistan Treasury only received $8.647 billion in direct financial payments. Western officials have claimed nearly 70% (roughly $3.4 billion) of Military aid given to the military has been misspent in 2002-2007 and used to cover civilian deficit.However,Pakistan argues the civilian deficit was caused by poor economy from the War on Terror. However U.S-Pakistani relationship has been a transactional based and U.S military aid to Pakistan and aid conditions has been shrouded in secrecy for several years until recently . Furthermore a significant proportion of U.S. economic aid for Pakistan has ended up in back in the U.S., as funds are channeled through large U.S. contractors. A U.S. lawmaker also said majority of U.S. economic aid has not left the U.S. as it spent on consulting fees and overhead cost. Pakistan also states it has spent $80 billion on the War on Terror since 2001.

Maybe you could teach me how to use google, and the best search phrases to look for.

Based on your find:

Furthermore a significant proportion of U.S. economic aid for Pakistan has ended up in back in the U.S., as funds are channeled through large U.S. contractors.

Then Israel sends back the remaining through contractors as well. which makes it 100% coming back. Good Deal! They take your money and mine spend it on military equipment 50% comes back in spending the other 50% builds our military complex profits.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This way, the defense contractors, the ones that donate extensively to campaigns, will have money to donate. Those poor struggling defense contractors need to eat. We should be asking why we thinking of funding Israel's defense project at all, they have plenty of money. This doesn't actually help the Israeli people, it makes them more of a target. The government there will be able to be more aggressive since they have this system.

Hopefully it works better than those oversized F35 jets that need special runways to land on vertically.

How does one go about becoming more of a target than Israel already is and has been? Buster's article claims 400 rockets were stopped in 2012 that makes you a pretty big target. I wonder what would happen if Mexico or Canada sent that many rockets into the US in one year. Maybe Buster can find out how many rockets Israel sent to Gaza, since he is such a good google guy.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Actually a lot of our foreign aid money is spent back in the States.

When I was working on a USAID contract to provide rural electrification for Indonesia back in the mid 1970's, it was stipulated in the contract that all the power lines, poles, transformers, and hardware had to be purchased from American companies. I even had to fly on an American owned airline (Pan Am) on my trips to and from the US.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MinangATS

When I was working on a USAID contract to provide rural electrification for Indonesia back in the mid 1970's, it was stipulated in the contract that all the power lines, poles, transformers, and hardware had to be purchased from American companies. I even had to fly on an American owned airline (Pan Am) on my trips to and from the US.

As well it should, I just couldn't find any numbers that said how much for each country. Really it is something new to me I always thought they got our "donation" and didn't do anything to benefit us. In the end I guess the government is still supporting big business, which is ok, better than giving it away.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Then Israel sends back the remaining through contractors as well. which makes it 100% coming back. Good Deal! They take your money and mine spend it on military equipment 50% comes back in spending the other 50% builds our military complex profits.

Wrong there is nothing that says how much aid given Israel has to spend in the states. And it is no where near 100%
edit on 28-5-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

As well it should, I just couldn't find any numbers that said how much for each country. Really it is something new to me I always thought they got our "donation" and didn't do anything to benefit us. In the end I guess the government is still supporting big business, which is ok, better than giving it away.

As long as the results are landing in a foreign nation it is not ok. It would be better for that money to be spent on Americans.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Wrong there is nothing that says how much aid given Israel has to spend in the states. And it is no where near 100%

You are the one stating they are buying the iron dome from us and the money to do so 50% is returned to business in the US. The other 50% purchases the dome from military contractors in the US. Am I confused on what your OP was about?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

As long as the results are landing in a foreign nation it is not ok. It would be better for that money to be spent on Americans.

Are you saying you're opposed to aid of any kind to other countries? Because if you are Africa would go from bad to worse if they didn't get any help from the US.

join