It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSecret Attraction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Crap. Can't blame a gal for trying. As for his clothes.... Unless you're a lady built like a mountain on toothpicks (judging from the shoes) you ain't wearing his flannels.

He'll appreciate the shoes when he's not raising the roof with his snoring. Lol

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I had passing attractions for a few members when I was single. I think it's only natural to be drawn to people with similar interests or even the occasional one you clash with. I think most people here are looking to discuss issues that are important to them, that can't necessarily find people within their family and friend circles to do so with, so that probably intensifies it some... that, "this person gets it!" vibe. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, enjoy it

Why Kali, Im all a flutter, I had no idea you felt that way about me!

LoL

To the OP , I dont think its unusual, anytime you feel an intellectual connection to someone like that, it can be quite strong....

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Friggin double post
edit on 5/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Now now love get in line please I have many ATS filly's to keep entertained lol

It is odd even though I have never met any of you in person I do have my faves and I love the odd flirt

You are not... I REPEAT... NOT flirting with me...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I agree with you, I feel attracted to people on the site as well. It is almost as if society has shifted a bit towards being personal online, you know what I mean? I'm glad you mentioned this - I know in previous years on ATS, I started to get to remember which members were which - but now, I'm starting to feel things towards members (of all kinds).

Looking at the writing style on ATS over the years (since I am a psychology major, I use the archive feature) I notice that at first, the writing was scientific and thorough.

Then, there was a period of time that ended recently where the writing was one-liners. Now, the writing seems to be more personal, like at a picnic or something, except people are more familiar than that. Meanwhile, in real life, conversations have gotten less personal.

Thanks
You are amazing.

P.S. My thoughts as a psychology major are that our more familiar relations are moving towards an online format, I think that the natural evolution of emotions, for example, represent trying to express facial expressions online - also, I think that language is evolving to be able to express emotions and state of mind in a way not present before so that two people can tell what each other are thinking even without experiencing body language.

P.P.S. I started playing Game of War on my Iphone, and I've never experienced the kind of comradery I feel in my current Alliance before on an online game that is simply a flash game. I mean, I've experienced it before, but this time the social nuances are such that its ridiculous - and it is very real - it is like people take the game so seriously that they are not just role-playing, but existing.

Studies are actually showing that younger kids are spending time socializing over the internet with their best friends more than hanging out in person, even ones from school. "Text you later" has replaced "Let's hang out Friday."

By the way, I keep track of studies because they are primary sources, and other sources are definitely biased - the APA has pretty strict standards for their studies, including correlation standards. It's a "p-value" of 5% - I never know if that means 5% correlation or 95% lol.
edit on 28amWed, 28 May 2014 04:09:02 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hold on your a girl also? right mega confused now.
I think every avatar should have a M or F stamped on it.
Iam fantasizing about woman who are dudes and visa versa lol.

Hold on am I Bi?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Hold on am I Bi?

I dont know what kind of a monkey you are BM but have no fear, it's only a natural instinct :

Well... with Bonobos it is...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Lol I sure wanna come back as one of those

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Rodinus

Lol I sure wanna come back as one of those

I think it is important to point out that they practice "peace making" no matter what the opposite sex is...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well im Irish, and my accent is a heavy Dublin one.
i dont know if you've ever heard a Dublin accent, but i do know it drives the foreign ladies dizzy.
My Russian girlfriend loves it.
its absolutely nothing like the Hollywood "oirish" you hear in films.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Attracted to members? Sure.

In my experiences here, I've caught myself attracted to a few people on ATS. Mainly women though, (pretty avatars help that illusion) and probably because I am single and I had been reading about some ideas and views here that can't be found elsewhere. These days, I don't get too excited. Sure would be nice to find someone in the real world that shares similar ideas though. That is probably the main reason for my attraction to them. Meeting in real life is much different than online anonymous profiles, which is why I keep my feelings at bay and try not to put many personal pictures up (although I do have some).

I used to like reading alot of particular member's responses but even that has dwindled down to little excitement. Now I just read and research more than ever and find topics that peak my curiosity.

I guess I am over the fantasy. It is something we all experience in our time here. Admittedly or not.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Hold on am I Bi?

You also thought I was female, if I remember correctly. Seems like you aren't even batting .500!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I give up lol

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Friggin double post

Ha! That's what you get.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I do think were all connected, or supposed to be, but the world or zoo we live in prevents this.

Its fun to write about topics discussed here but it would be the bomb digggity to be able to freely speak in real life about the topics posted here. Its natural to be attracted to others posting here, but some people are not attracted to the physical but are attracted to the mind or the other consciousness posting.

I do wonder if there has been any ATS weddings? I seem to remember one but not sure.
edit on 28-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

LiveForever08 and someone got married....and I believe had a child. Maybe I have the two things confused but it is close.
So there definitely has been some ATS relationships that have spawned into more than internet discussions.

There is hope!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm in agreement with ya.

I'm drawn to ATS like a magnet but not against my will.

I get what your talking about.

Think about that show The Voice... where the judges listen and feel and see the singers but they don't literally see who it is singing until after they have chosen, then they turn around and get to see with their physical eyes...

Its kinda the same thing here. You are learning about other ATS'rs without the other pre-conceived biases we deal with in normal societal daily life. You are building the people in your mind all based on what they write here. But you have not seen them physically in the real world and you don't get to see their mannerisms or habits or what they look like (unless they post a photo-but its still not the same). You don't get to utilize all the stereotypes and societal hang ups that we have been taught to use since birth. You are using other senses to pick through the minds that come here and discover things about that person that you might otherwise never have had the chance or be willing to do if you were to have met them face to face first.

leolady

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: leoladyYou are using other senses to pick through the minds that come here and discover things about that person that you might otherwise never have had the chance or be willing to do if you were to have met them face to face first.

Agreed, I'm sure if I'm at a party or whatever there are loads of people who I could find myself compatible with, sharing similar values and interests etc.
But, if I am not attracted to an individuals appearance in 'real' life it is unlikely that I would discover such compatibility because I would probably not have made an effort to speak to them.
As far as I'm concerned, avatar based online discussion removes these (perhaps shallow) visual barriers because the focus is then really on the message not how the messenger looks/sounds/smells/style/etc.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Ah but the line is " You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"
Much more ominous.I reply to: Destinyone

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Only a little? lol.
Funny though I always had a crush on Des until I found out she was a fella lol.
Oh and If I had my Gay hat on I would go for Darthprime becauseI'vweet guy.

I don't think Des is a guy. She writes like a woman to me anyway. Don't ask me what that means. It's a girl thing. Some people have thought I was a guy on occasion. Though my screen name is girly. I don't get it.
I was never crazy about John Lithgow but since meeting Phage I've changed my mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join