It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept. Tells U.S. Citizens to leave Lybia Immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I agree with many of your conclusions Pirhanna. Hence the reluctance for answering questions at hearings, by those in the know.

I think this new warning and call to evacuate is tied in to the new investigative hearings. Too many people at the top of the food chain were being called to testify. There's just too much coinkidink IMHO...

I smell White House diversion tactics in the wind.

Plus, we have a piss poor reputation in Libya to start with.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Actually... What you say makes some real sense. I assume you've read the giant dump of documents with set-reps running for a year or so and details of so much which happened leading up to the fateful night.

I don't think the 3 buildings there had room for much in hardware, but then, they wouldn't have had to when the Militia itself is who guards the perimeter. There was also an incident earlier where local authority had busted through the back gate hunting for bad guys. It seemed simple and isolated for itself, but not so much in context maybe.

Yeah.. I could see the CIA doing spook stuff a kilometer away and feeling really special at it, while State was doing 'State stuff' at the Dipo compound when in reality, they did about the SAME stuff. That is about how it's getting to be.

Bad deals on that could get a group to want to obliterate the compound too....as the world watched happen.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Indeed, Des.. It sounds like they're losing control of this tiger they thought they had by the tail. It was crazy to ever think we could or try to. Hopefully we don't lose anyone else in the evacuations.

(Apparently no one did their history on Libya and why Tripoli is in the Marine legends and songs.. It would have prevented some of this today, I think)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Not really sure what's going on and why Americans are there after the Benghazi scandal but something doesn't seem right here...

Conspiracy?

*Tinfoil hat on*

Star and flag Des.

-SAP-

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

Not really sure what's going on and why Americans are there after the Benghazi scandal but something doesn't seem right here...

Conspiracy?

*Tinfoil hat on*

Star and flag Des.

-SAP-

I'm also seeing this as the perfect way to quickly relocate government contractors, those there for dubious reasons, those targeted for possible investigation.

When you issue an alert for all Americans to leave immediately. You can expedite movement of people. The new alert also states the U.S. Embassy has limited staff and abilities to help anyone. Basically don't go asking them for any aid.

This is a free for all, get out of Dodge, out of the blue alert.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So a real former General from Lybia, has gone back to his homeland from America to drive the wacko Islamist and the Muslim Brotherhood scumbags out for good. The MB are trashing Lybia and this General has rallied the former Army against them. We all know Obama will not like that very much, especially since this guy says he will only lead the nation politically when the people ask him too!

Now this is a Coup I will support, watch how fast Obama cries fowl lol. Suck it Osama! Pucker up, just like your now doing with Egypt since they said hell no to the wackos you supported!!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The Great American Touch of Death & Decay strikes again. Midas we never were.
Call it what you will, but that many marines off the coast strikes me as waiting for the green light, not "a precaution for evacuating". How much you guys want to bet we send more over there in the next day or two? Just another "precaution", I'd bet.

This stinks to high hell. We're gearing up to do something, I can smell it. And I'm not one of these military conspiracy types, either. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...
edit on 5/27/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The Great American Touch of Death & Decay strikes again. Midas we never were.
Call it what you will, but that many marines off the coast strikes me as waiting for the green light, not "a precaution for evacuating". How much you guys want to bet we send more over there in the next day or two? Just another "precaution", I'd bet.

This stinks to high hell. We're gearing up to do something, I can smell it. And I'm not one of these military conspiracy types, either. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck...
\

This up on the web in the last 3 hours...

Also Tuesday, U.S. defense officials said the Navy warship USS Bataan had moved into the Mediterranean Sea and could be used, if needed, for any possible evacuation of American personnel from Libya.

The officials said the Bataan, an amphibious assault ship, was not near Libya and wasn't expected to be positioned off its coast. It more likely would remain in the region, and could move or respond quickly if called.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter by name.
www.stripes.com...

Yep...I fully expect to hear claims of drone strikes in the next couple of weeks. Something is in the wind...and it stinks.

Des

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well I for one won't miss Quadaffi.Blowing up people in airliners is rather twisted diplomacy to me.
I couldn't guess to what extent the US was involved in the regime collapse but I doubt we were alone.Many wanted him out besides us.
I would take the state dept warning seriously though as something is about to go down there.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm sure it has something to do with the attacks of a little over a week ago. I had read that some Islamist terrorist group threatened the US government, telling them to stay out of Libyan affairs. I do not know why the government waited so long to issue such a warning to be honest. This is supposedly the same group involved in the Benghazi attacks, although I am not sure if they are the ones who attacked the Libyan government buildings recently.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Why would any American or Westerner still be in Libya? It's a terrorist hell hole! We can thank NATO & western powers for that. Once Gadaffi was given the boot the terrorists moved in. Same situation happened in Iraq. We bring them freedom & democracy..... or murder and chaos.

Clearly the state department doesn't want a Benghazi 2.0 happening.

The likes of me and you would not be in Libya that's for sure,but for people with less ethics there is money to be made out there

I get the impression western people working in the oil industry over there will be targets for the barbaric thugs we let loose in this country

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Well I for one won't miss Quadaffi.Blowing up people in airliners is rather twisted diplomacy to me.
I couldn't guess to what extent the US was involved in the regime collapse but I doubt we were alone.Many wanted him out besides us.
I would take the state dept warning seriously though as something is about to go down there.

Lol we all know what American diplomacy is!

Lots of people including family members of those killed on that flight don't think Libya bombed that plane over Scotland

He was guilty of helping the IRA with Semtex I believe,but I can't justify killing him for that or I would persume my country would have the legal right to bomb Boston back to before the tea trade

He loved his country and died in it

BTW anyone knows where his English educated son is these days? Have not seen him mentioned for must be a year or so

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
For anyone who has been paying attention to Libya recently, this comes as no surprise. One of Gaddafi's ex-Generals has drummed up local support and turned against the US installed puppets, making a play for power. It has nothing to with the farce called "Benghazi" that the press seem to hung up on.

The place was pretty stable before we bombed the crap out the place and, just like Syria, the small numbers of "rebel" Muslim Hardliners were kept in check. That is, until we started funding and arming them and allowing foreign fighters to join them. The idea that it was a popular uprising against Gaddafi, just like they tell us about Syria, is laughable, yet there are enough ill informed people watching CNN, FOX and the BBC to lap it up and support taking out the currently portrayed "bad guy".

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Russia and china should have been far more vocal and not allowed our Air Force (and France) to bomb a way forward for these fanatics to gain a way to other throw the leadership

Mind you,we have not been able to use the Air Force in Syria as they had planned too

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
This wouldn't have happened if Mad Mental Muammar were still in power.

Funny how things turn out sometimes.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
a reply to: MALBOSIA
As I recall, the "BS" reason was that Gaddafi was a horrible person who tortured his own people, and they suddenly wanted him out, and he was a monster who had to be removed as the Libyans were "begging" for American-style democrazy (not a spelling error). Same thing with Saddam.

Hmmm..sounds familiar.

Obama's admin sanctions and orders torture...murder of innocent people using missile equipped drones, American citizens allowed to be murdered by armed drones in America...imprisonment without trial or process..very low public approval.

Hypocrites and liars are running this world.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

A similar warning was posted just before those bombs went off in Nigeria last week!

It seems this war on 'Terror' is continuing nonetheless... probably will do for many years yet.

This question may not belong here but can anyone tell me why and how has a war been going on in the Middle East for 1500 years?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

It would nice if you could prove that, done any research?

I have researched Pan Am 103 and all indicators point to South African op's (witnesses saw them in the cargo area) under the control of Oppenheimer. The target was/appears to have been Bernt Carlssen, the UN Commissioner in charge of the Namibian handover, who was delayed by Oppenheimer and placed onto Pan Am 103. You might also want to look at the actual footage of the investigators picking up the pieces to see what else was involved in that explosion. There's a lot more to this, do the research.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

I would assume, like many other countries, they are there destabilizing the region and spying. War profit is good and booming.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

you spelled Libya wrong... its Libya not lybia... maybe the mods can fix that.

S&F. Good thread.... thanks!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join