It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 20 Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This one made me think about that statue of Sadam being pulled down. Had they seen this pic first they might have realised what they were doing!

This one made me think of the King of Britain being taken down, and King Thomas Jefferson being erected... although fools still revere Thomas Jefferson as some sort of god... and his statute hasn't been torn down, the fools now have statues of King Andrew Jackson, King FDR, and in a few years, King Clinton, King Bush, and King Obama.

George Bernard Shaw said it best, "Revolutions have never lighted our burden of tyranny, they have only shifted it to another shoulder."

America bless you! (because that makes you feel good.)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
20. Not sure. An abundance of fossil fuels but the inadequacy to maintain?

I saw number 20 as meaning this:
In the West, our children pull toy trains. In other parts of the world, their children do hard labor.

edit on 29-5-2014 by iosolomon because: formatting error

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This Pawel guy is amazing, his stuff went viral on social media a few days ago and I'm glad it's getting this kind of attention.

This is a fitting forum to display this kind of artistic commentary on our world, thanks for posting it here Slayer.

I've tried my hand at some social satire art, but the political satire is a trick to do and be well received. This guy has it perfected and is inspiring.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Can anyone explain these (I checked through the comments):

#2, #5, #8, #11, and #13.

My first guess for #2 is that we are just digging our own graves wasting our lives away.

My first guess for #5 is the damage that drinking does to our livers, but I don't know what that object inside the bottle is supposed to represent.

My first guess for #8 is that if you study, you will be punished.

#11 and #13 elude me.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Well ill try my best at my interpretation. May vary.

#2: Death is inevitable, no point wasting time digging your own grave?

#5: the object inside the bottle is hook and bait, as in alcohol will get you hooked.

#8: Forcing kids to bury their heads in books without explanation.

#11: Politicians are product of the garbage truck, they are garbage.

#13: Brainwashing.

edit on 5/29/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Brilliant stuff, thanks for posting.

I was scrolling down think "ho, that's amusing... teehee, how true!" then I hit the gold chains one and I think that one is really visually arresting, really hitting hard at the core of the bling culture. The others all seem to be about questioning authority and corruption, but that one has a really strong message that hits like a brick.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The best of the bunch is number 3, that is mostly what comes out of politicians mouths anyway.

Number 13 is a close second, though. After all, don't Catholics say that you are washed of your sins in confession?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
I did get all but newspaper thing.. still thinking what it means.. maybe whatever is written goes to sewer (wasted) as we tend to forget news within six months.

Gutter press

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Jonjonj

That one made me question.

Was his action out of ignorance or desperation ?

i saw it more as he's been forced to burn his only means of escape to simply survive.

???

some really interesting images that speak volumes, imho

especially the one of the people pulling down a leader only to have another rise in their place.

as well as the washer/dryer/ priest one.

wash-rinse-repeat.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Fascinating thread OP; thanks & kudos to Pawel for such food for thought! They were all fantastic! Personally got a great deal from the cat with the bib awaiting those farmyard animals for its next lunch (pic 7?), as provided by his loyal owner / slave (Concerning humans, Dogs say; ' They feed & shelter me, they must be Gods, Cat says; 'They feed & shelter me, I must be a God').

I feel it depicts our preferences of certain animals for companionship over others for specific reasons (be they aesthetics or practicality etc.) which shines an ultimately inconsistent or fussy light on us (if the aliens ever do come; let's hope we conform to their cultural ideals & preferences concerning lower life-forms otherwise we'll be xenonosh)
I understand that the concept of neoteny may have had a certain role to play in our preferences of a select no. of animals over others in general (big doe-eyes, cuteness, passivity, convenience, usefulness etc. -why we picked the gentler, non-alpha wolves to be our companions / dogs, no?) That & the painted gold chains slave stood out strongly. Starred &... how do I flag? (Soz; DISCLAIMER: 'Noob Commenting')

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Well when I came across that site I thought many here would appreciate the substance, it is very interesting to me to see how people interpret them through their eyes and thought process.

Each sees their own vision based on their unique experiences and points of view of the world.

I'm glad you all like them

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Very cool pictures. Thought-provoking.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Having looked at the images and then read everyone's comments in the thread, I believe what these images show more clearly than anything else is that our preconceptions play a huge part in shaping our vision of the world around us.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join