It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream interpretation and hypnosis.......very odd experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A little background here. Until yesterday I could not tell you the last dream I remember. I recently went to see a very well regarded hypno-therapist in my area for a long session, and no, not the kind that dangles a watch in front of you and makes you bark like a dog. She is a true therapist. I won't go into the details as to why I am seeing her as they are for personal reasons.

Anywho, after my session she sent me 2 audio files for self hypnosis, one for before sleep and one for during the day. I have only used the sleep version and can say that I get the best sleep I have ever had.

Here is where the strange part comes in. I have noticed sleep paralysis twice now after listening to them and falling asleep. The second time is the one in which the most vivid aural dream I have ever had came up. I began by laying down on my couch for an afternoon nap so I used the sleep version to put me to sleep. I don't know when it stopped or if it was still going but everything tuned out and I could picture myself in my head laying on the couch exactly as I was doing. I heard my oldest girl upstairs playing and laughing but she was not home at the time, not even in town right now. I then heard the door the basement open, and heard a familiar sound of a pet coming down the stairs and the collar rattling as it came down. I have no pets so this is why it is a strange dream. I could still see myself laying on the couch when suddenly I was now back inside myself but could not move or open my eyes. The pet, it turns out, was a dog. It jumped up on my chest and began licking my face as if to wake me up or just being playful as dogs are. I still could not open my eyes or move. After a second the dog jumped off my chest and I could clearly hear it run back up the stairs.

At this point I laid there for what seemed like another 20 minutes until my wife came down the stairs, which I heard as well, and when she said my name I "woke up" and was able to open my eyes and move. I told her about the experience and she said she thinks it is a sign we need a dog, which she and the kids all seem to want really bad.

I don't really know how to interpret it or what happened but it was one of the strangest things that has ever occurred to me and I had to ask on here if anyone has had a similar experience or can interpret any of this for me.

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I then heard the door the basement open, and heard a familiar sound of a pet coming down the stairs and the collar rattling as it came down. I have no pets so this is why it is a strange dream.

Former pet, maybe? Reason I ask is in a dream I had, a beagle we owned came hopping along and visiting everyone and wagging its tail and when it got to me I didn't recognize it because it was all white!

Only after I awoke and the memory of the dream resurfaced during the day did I realize that it was indeed my beloved hound dog that had passed a long time ago. What threw me was the color… (over here) Beagles aren't white.

I would add that when we dream and we are in a building of some sort that is our idea of our dream self. Some people live in a dark castle, some a bright sunny cottage. You were in your basement? The deep psyche of yourself.

Its better the dog came "down" the stairs from above, rather than "up" from below. If it does't match any memory of a pet from the past, then it could be a pet to be. Remember though, that is not your impression, its somebody else's.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not sure about it being a former pet, I have not had a dog for a pet in a long while and not one that I would consider as friendly as this one seemed to be. I never was able to see the dog in the dream either, only hear it and feel it.

And yes I was in my basement, but that was also where I was napping. Everything in the dream was exactly how it appeared where I was physically laying down which also seemed odd.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

And yes I was in my basement, but that was also where I was napping. Everything in the dream was exactly how it appeared where I was physically laying down which also seemed odd.

Then I would say that you live your life just exactly how you want it to be. You and your surroundings are at one with each other (except maybe for a friendly dog).

For a comparison my mom dreams of always trying to escape a labyrinth of dark passages and corridors in a foreboding castle. She searches and looks but is unable to find a way out while someone is chasing her.

In her waking life she is ridden with fear and anxiety, usually because nothing goes according to her perfectionistic plans. Someone is always 'ruining her life'. There is nothing really wrong , she has everything the world can offer.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You'd better let the wife and kids have that dog!

It could be some sort of precognitive scene; you'll now more when you can consider it in retrospection. Carl Jung said nothing important happens to us in life that we don't dream about first.

Seems the dog really took a liking to you; get a dog!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ha...maybe I need to get a dog then. Everything is a bit in limbo right now waiting on our new house to finish being built, so maybe a new dog is part of the plan for the new place.

I am not really familiar with OOBE, but have read some on it here, but it also seemed a bit like that, not really a dream but had dream like qualities such as the dog. It was so odd because i was fully aware of my surroundings and even could smell and hear things, just those things were not actually there, such as my daughter and the dog and other sounds. Almost like I was projecting them into my dream....hard to explain.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
You'd better let the wife and kids have that dog!

It could be some sort of precognitive scene; you'll now more when you can consider it in retrospection. Carl Jung said nothing important happens to us in life that we don't dream about first.

Seems the dog really took a liking to you; get a dog!

Ha...I am sure the wife and kids would love it. I have been holding out on it for a while because having three kids, a nanny and both the wife and I work full time, a dog seems like the last thing I have time for, but maybe it is exactly what the family needs.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OK i'm going to try, here is my interpretation of you dream.

You need to take a little time relax and let loose and see your reality around you.
You have a friend or some close to you that has had some setbacks and they need advice from you.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hugh Everett model is correct, you had a touch of quantum immortality... It is common for people to transfer feelings and events from their parents to their friends and on to their children etc... but what about through another universe? I have come to a conclusion that the many me’s in the multiverse is using a unconscious mind transference mechanism! I feel the only way for me to tap into this transference is by various hypnosis techniques...

edit on 27-5-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You said this was sleep paralysis of some sort? I get these all of the time. OOBE, too. Your dream sort of reminds me of my latest experience.

I woke up and heard the door open and the light turned on...I heard my husband talking out in the hallway. I could not hear what he was saying, but I KNOW it was his voice and for some reason I also KNEW that he was on the phone talking to someone from work. I waited for him to finish and wondering why he was on the phone so late at night, but as I thought that...I felt my husbands leg move next to mine. That is when I realized that he was actually still in bed with me and I became paralyzed.

I do like your experience here, because it doesn't seem creepy. Most of mine are usually creepy. Anyways, I know I didn't help or answer any of your questions, but that was my first experience where I was hearing my own family (like yours) during this episode.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonLightStars
You said this was sleep paralysis of some sort? I get these all of the time. OOBE, too. Your dream sort of reminds me of my latest experience.

I woke up and heard the door open and the light turned on...I heard my husband talking out in the hallway. I could not hear what he was saying, but I KNOW it was his voice and for some reason I also KNEW that he was on the phone talking to someone from work. I waited for him to finish and wondering why he was on the phone so late at night, but as I thought that...I felt my husbands leg move next to mine. That is when I realized that he was actually still in bed with me and I became paralyzed.

I do like your experience here, because it doesn't seem creepy. Most of mine are usually creepy. Anyways, I know I didn't help or answer any of your questions, but that was my first experience where I was hearing my own family (like yours) during this episode.

Yeah...it wasn't creepy at all and I wasn't really freaked out other than not being able to move or open my eyes. It was overall a fairly pleasant experience.

join