It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Boat Attacks, Sinks Fishing Vessel, Vietnam Says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
hsrd.yahoo.com...=ApvMw1Rj6SNWvddHct3ijK2bvZx4;_ylu=X3o'___'N2Mmdtdjd0BGJwb3MDNQRjY29kZQNkd2hfbG9nZ2VyBGNwb3MDODYEY3QDMQRnAzYzZjliNWUwLWFhNDE tM2EyYS04OWQxLWRjOTJjNmM1NmIwNARpbnRsA3VzBHBrZ3QDNARwb3MDMQRzZWMDdGQtc3RybQRzbGsDdGl0bGUEdGVzdAMyMjI-/RV=1/RE=1402553935/RH=aHNyZC55YWhvby5jb20-/RO=2/ RU=aHR0cDovL3d3dy52b2FuZXdzLmNvbS9jb250ZW50L3ZpZXRuYW0tc2F5cy1jaGluYS1hdHRhY2tlZC00LXNoaXBzLWluLWRpc3B1dGVkLXdhdGVycy8xOTI0NjMwLmh0bWw-/RS=%5EADApQDX2 vaELJxxc9cbf_XG6Aa._Es-

VOA News

May 28, 2014 3:20 PM
Vietnam says China has attacked four of its ships near a controversial oil rig in the South China Sea, injuring three law enforcement officers.

The head of Vietnam's Fisheries Surveillance Department, Nguyen Ngoc Oai, told VOA's Vietnamese service that one of his surveillance vessels and three Vietnamese fishing boats were surrounded Wednesday by eight to 10 Chinese ships before being rammed and hit by water cannon fire.

"Those Chinese “fishing boats” are not fishing boats," he said. "They are designed for other purposes. "Those boats now are the main tool that the Chinese are using in their attempts to attack and to harass Vietnamese boats."

China has not yet responded to the Vietnamese allegations.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well do something to me and call me a name!

You'd think that aftet fighting a glorious ginormous patriotic war together against the evil empire, Vietnam and Chine would be best buddies you know? Best Friends Forever and Ever!

I laugh at Vietnam,I don't like to see innocent people die but the Viets had this coming for giving their country away on silver platter to China.

Enjoy your freedom(forbidden word for commies!)- i mean, enjoy your Supreme Happiness,Independence and Sovereignty

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex

You'd think that aftet fighting a glorious ginormous patriotic war together against the evil empire, Vietnam and Chine would be best buddies you know? Best Friends Forever and Ever!

I laugh at Vietnam,I don't like to see innocent people die but the Viets had this coming for giving their country away on silver platter to China.

Enjoy your freedom(forbidden word for commies!)- i mean, enjoy your Supreme Happiness,Independence and Sovereignty

Im more interested in just way Vietnam is moving away from China theres something im missing. See there economy is highly dependents on China. But im thinking Vietnam is tired of isolation and figure they can act tough with China to increase there standing with other asian countries? China isnt well liked in Asia and has a dispute with almost everyone in the region. This means China is truly trying to bully its neighbors or its just everyones scared of the power China is starting to gain and this upsets the smaller nations.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Im more interested in just way Vietnam is moving away from China theres something im missing. See there economy is highly dependents on China. But im thinking Vietnam is tired of isolation and figure they can act tough with China to increase there standing with other asian countries? China isnt well liked in Asia and has a dispute with almost everyone in the region. This means China is truly trying to bully its neighbors or its just everyones scared of the power China is starting to gain and this upsets the smaller nations.

No one fears friendly power. They fear power that will be used against them. China is a bully, and always has been. They view non Chinese as an inferior species.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No one fears friendly power. They fear power that will be used against them. China is a bully, and always has been. They view non Chinese as an inferior species.

True but this is a significant change for Vietnam up to this point they looked at China as a protector. That view point is apparently drastically changing. But this makes me wonder why? Im assuming Vietnam feels a threat from China but something had to happen to cause their relations to deteriorate.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Sounds like America and neiborghs.
The bottom line is, nobody likes an imperialist.

Brace up,America started it, people thought they were the only ones left after the Soviet Union fell.

Now Russia wakes up again and China wants to join the game apparently. In China's case,i don't think they'll go to the big leagues, but Russia has unfinished business.Some people never learn,other don't want to learn,and other want everyone else to learn.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

True but this is a significant change for Vietnam up to this point they looked at China as a protector. That view point is apparently drastically changing. But this makes me wonder why? Im assuming Vietnam feels a threat from China but something had to happen to cause their relations to deteriorate.

Because China had no power to intimidate Vietnam with. As soon as China gained the ability they immediately set out to use it against every other nation in the area.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join