It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Time A Mass Shooting Happens Remember This Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+129 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I saw this somewhere else and am essentially stealing the title and really don't give a crap. It's important to see. It should be posted EVERY TIME one of these incidents happens. Watch it.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread; some very important information. You have to ask why these things keep getting sensationalized after watching this!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

If it bleeds, it leads.

Maybe, though I don't really know, if the MSM lampooned these serial idiot killers, calling them clowns, losers, etc, and to keep up the meme, than maybe they wouldn't do such actions.

Or maybe they would, though upon the MSM HQ's instead.
edit on 26-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think he's right on the money.

I've been saying it for years. Don't make the person famous.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I come to ATS for the rare, small moments of sanity just like this. Thank you, OP.

+25 more 
posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
But how will they further their anti-gun agenda if they don't sensationalize the coverage! They need to keep manufacturing tragedies like this to keep the drum beat of the anti-gun agenda marching forward....

As long as they make the perpetrator's into famous anti-heroes they will keep pushing some poor sod into trying to emulate these losers. Let the dirty unwashed masses do their dirty work for them...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reminds me of this. Generic lazy journalism is ruining our world.

We should stop giving these freaks their own shows. Like a poster said before, how are we going to push agendas if not.

The forensic psychologist is absolutely right. Sane people everywhere say this all the time...yet the world doesnt function on sanity and reason.
edit on 5 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Great thread OP.

Lets consider the conspiratorial aspects.

The blatant conspiracy is that these multiple victim public shootings are staged.

The not so blatant conspiracy is that the media (through repetition and sensationalism) is brainwashing other weak minded, easily programmable individuals on SSRIs to commit copy cat crimes. Why? To then push the gun grabbing agenda.

edit on 27-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We should hide all mass shooting? so everyone thinks we live in a perfect world? lol

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If what the guy say is done soon there will be conspiracy the shooting dint took place and all the people involve were actors...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
he is going go down as a hero for many men who feel the same... even if they cant relate him fully, they are going to make him ultimate hero just for the social pressure they themselves had to deal with.
edit on 5/27/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

No, we shouldn't turn these idiots into celebrities by plastering their face all over the news 24 hours a day for weeks on end turning them into an anti-hero and giving future shooters the impression that they will finally get recognition/famous/whatever by doing something similar.

Report it, don't show their face, don't play their videos or spread their messages, and don't make them famous.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Thanks for the thread; some very important information. You have to ask why these things keep getting sensationalized after watching this!

Why?

It's not about reporting news anymore, it's about being the first, and therefore more viewers, therefore more money.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

So they're all staged...except the copycat ones...they're real?

You're not making any sense.

How do you tell the difference?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
If what the guy say is done soon there will be conspiracy the shooting dint took place and all the people involve were actors...

This happens already, regardless of how it's reported.

If you notice, a lot of the "evidence" for fake shootings is armchair experts proudly stating that person X wouldn't act like that or family member of victim Y is faking it.

Who do these people think they are??

/rant

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If i agreed any more with the clip from Charlie Brooker my eyes would pop out and my head would explode. "Be famous like this guy and kill as many of the most innocent people/kids as you can!" is the message being seen by other nutters.

Along with that, we all see the same news story's over and over for days as if nothing else ON THE PLANET of interest had happened for days.

NEWs - Not loopedinfo please.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
every time i see something about the way msn runs stories of blood and gore or sensationalize one i think of this tune written over thirty years ago.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The problem with this is that the media wants another one and another one and another one and another.....

Of course they won't do their part to end the glorification of spree killers. Spree killers and the ensuing aftermath of political noise, endless guests and experts, infinite public opinion interviews, constant wasted time asking the unanswerable question "why" over and over.

One moment in time gets them a solid ratings bump that lasts weeks.

If time heals all wounds the media can't stop picking the scab.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The MSM is about ratings, NOT news. It's entertainment/propaganda to sway people to one side or the other. Notice how every storm that forms they act like it's un-natural or the worst storm in history? They've even sensationalized the weather!! It's all BS. How any one person who thinks for themselves could watch MSM and believe it is beyond me.

They do seem to glorify killers. Lets just hope that affluent, horny nerds don't start offing hot women. We got enough problems.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
We should hide all mass shooting? so everyone thinks we live in a perfect world? lol

How does localizing a story equate to people believing we live a perfect world?

Who's the psychologist here?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join