It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never Knew you :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JudgeEden

Faith in religion based thinking leads to behavior where you wear your faith as clothes to hide what you are. With works there is not need to hide what you are. You show it in your fruits for all to see.

Faith can also relate to to intention->manifestation and here I agree that faith can change things around you. But that is about magic and how Jesus manifested things. It seem to be very few that are able to manifest physically on that level on earth. Since I can do a little bit of calming/laying of hands with chi energy myself I have a bit of experience how intention->manifestation and the Placebo effect works.

There is only one way of judging a behavior. Is it ego based (selfish) or for the good of all including self.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: NOT of works, lest any man should boast.

Not true from my point of view since it is an oversimplification of the real thing. It is a meeting where symbiosis occur on the level you can handle. You have to be able to receive to get the gift but by making yourself ready for the gift the gift have to be given since god have to treat you with love and give you grace when you deserve it.

edit on 27-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Akragon

I agree with your assessment of what Jesus meant by that statement. But I think the story you've quoted here was a viral hoax if I remember correctly:

www.hoax-slayer.com...

It's possible the account was based on a true story however:

www.theleafchronicle.com...

I hope I'm not detracting from the spirit of your thread too much, because I agree with what you are trying to convey 100%

Too much? Just wanted to detract a little bit, huh? Who cares if it's a hoax. Most of the people in this nation are hoaxes, as demonstrated by the tale.
edit on 27-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Thank you for this today!!
This message is a powerful one, just thank you for sharing!!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

You say the scripture I posted isn't true? Well, what do you have to refute it? How is a scripture not true in regards to salvation? If you take to Christianity at all, how can you take some verses, but not others?

Furthermore, Faith does not hide who anybody is; you've got it backwards. Works can hide who you are.

An evil person can hide behind the good deeds that they do; such as a serial killer, and no one suspects them of anything because they show outwardly that they're good people. But as the scriptures say, God looks at the heart, not your filthy works.

Jesus had a lot to say to the Pharisees, who would have seemed to agree with you.

"Matthew 23:23-28 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."

Notice that the Pharisees cared a lot about their works. But can you not see that Jesus alluded to the fact that you can look very righteous on the outside while being full of evil on the inside? A true Christian will care more about faith than works. And yes, I mean what I said. I don't believe that one who preaches nothing but works, or that you somehow have to EARN salvation are true Christians.

And that is what you implied with your last statement. You do not deserve or earn grace and love, it is freely given. That is what a GIFT means. That is what GRACE means. Look up the two words in a dictionary. If you have to earn these things, then it is no longer a gift, nor is it grace.

The very nature of grace means that you DON'T deserve it. If someone does something against me, and they're about to be punished, but I decide for this person to be let go without a punishment, that is grace.

I don't know how you earned stars for your ignorant post, but clearly those people don't know what they're talking about either.
edit on XMaypmvAmerica/ChicagoTue, 27 May 2014 16:13:24 -0500132014-05-27T16:13:24-05:00k by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Funny... Jesus said nothing about grace...

Lol, what!? Do you know how ridiculous you sound? I should have known you were "anti-Paul"

Because you know me and what I write soo well... right?

I fail to see how one can take so much from the Bible, and yet, Saul's conversion is thrown out like like a box of infected needles.

His conversion can only be taken by his word... Why would I trust a Pharisee's word?

Also, what was with all the scriptures you posted? What do those prove in the context of what I posted last?

Try reading it...

Romans 4:5 - But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Oh yeah, that's right, Paul said this, didn't he? How convenient that every scripture which counters your work salvation nonsense is something you wont accept. You totally ignore the fact that the scriptures you posted earlier are not about salvation.

That's right he did... And as others have said, Faith alone will not cut it...

I like how you glazed right over John 3:16, by the way. Which pretty much confirms what Paul preached later on. Jesus and Paul do not contradict.

Well that really shows what you know.... thanks for that...

And by the way, IF one believes in Jesus they do as he asked... Kinda the idea behind this thread... Perhaps you didn't notice because you're too busy preaching?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

I agree with your assessment of what Jesus meant by that statement. But I think the story you've quoted here was a viral hoax if I remember correctly:

www.hoax-slayer.com...

It's possible the account was based on a true story however:

www.theleafchronicle.com...

I hope I'm not detracting from the spirit of your thread too much, because I agree with what you are trying to convey 100%

Too much? Just wanted to detract a little bit, huh? Who cares if it's a hoax. Most of the people in this nation are hoaxes, as demonstrated by the tale.

All prophets are subject to being called hoaxes as are dogmatic belief systems. I have looked at them as being 'primer school' directions to following an individual path to knowing why you are here and whom created you. Kind of like the signposts on a corner road pointing in all directions: Egypt 2100 bc this way; Solomon's temple take the first right 300 years earlier and go another 400 more miles. No printed word is anything other than that which might help in your souls understanding of this is one way to find your source creator; probably why Jesus never wrote anything down. Why should he make it so easy for us, its personalized/tailored to the individual (INCLUDING GOD HERE AS WELL YOU NO SHOW absentee parent).
edit on 27-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I do not need scripture to guide me since I have an awoken soul already that gives me some clarity of spiritual understanding. I do not speak of what I believe, I speak of what I have experienced and how an awakening can occur. I know how the energy from god feels in a human body and the change in perception that can come from it.

I am not of any human religion. I am beyond human. I am spirit residing in this biological machine for a while playing human. I might not be 100% radio active yet in my third eye but I am definitely not 100% blind anymore. And I am not the only one

17'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

At least the bible got this part right. Homo Sapiens Spiritualis.

edit on 28-5-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
originally posted by: LittleByLittle

[I]littleByLittle[/I]I do not need scripture to guide me since I have an awoken soul already that gives me some clarity of spiritual understanding. I do not speak of what I believe, I speak of what I have experienced and how an awakening can occur. I know how the energy from god feels in a human body and the change in perception that can come from it.
I am not of any human religion. I am beyond human. I am spirit residing in this biological machine for a while playing human. I might not be 100% radio active yet in my third eye but I am definitely not 100% blind anymore. And I am not the only one

Oh no you are not the only one 'playing' human here. You have achieved a level of enlightenment that takes courage to disclose to others; and similarly to me attempt to express what this is like (awake knowing this world isn't exactly real) but with genuine purpose try to inform that 'this' is just a mirror of the higher dimensions, a lot stickier and HEAVIER ugh). All of the ridiculous dogma of scripture is meant to be signposts, directions not to be taken literally as 'THE WORD is bond--TRUE IN ALL SENSE". No one has written a new Epistle in 2000 years, that should say something; other than: Mormons?

edit on 28-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The 11:11 being a information signal for the mirroring?
. Many times I get annoyed that we are not out in the open with the awakening. Always only hinting instead of saying thing flat out.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Yep, 11:11 resonance awareness is a call to duty; so is 1:11 and 12:34 (as in pay attention something is about to happen); funsterisms for me concerning time inserts to change (by undermining) old paradigm thought sets regarding archetypes of human behavior patterns that create Karma. Oddly the Ten Commandments only tells of 10, there are 20 and sometimes I think those commandments even though given as a warning have actually solidified those archetypes by giving them TOO MUCH ATTENTION.
edit on 29-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

" salvation is stated very clearly and succinctly in the scriptures"... I must be thick as a brick then, someone pray for me,

"Yahoshua…..which means Yahweh(the creator God) IS salvation..which means deliverance".

Or perhaps Yahweh is the name of the Jews!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join