It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House MISTAKENLY Identifies CIA Chief In Afghanistan!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Glad to know so many people here are infallible. Mistakes happen. But to hold the entire staff to such a standard that one error committed amongst them makes them ENTIRELY treasonous is just profoundly stupid.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jalbrook

Pouring salt into your coffee instead of sugar is a mistake.

What the Admin did was well beyond that.

You are being willfully ignorant if you think this isn't a big deal with major consequences.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jalbrook
Glad to know so many people here are infallible. Mistakes happen. But to hold the entire staff to such a standard that one error committed amongst them makes them ENTIRELY treasonous is just profoundly stupid.

Stupid would be sending a news briefing to every major news agency both TV, and print without a single person with a clue proof reading it before hitting the send button. I can't imagine how many people review news briefings before they are sent. Profoundly Stupid would be believing it went by accident.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
John Bolton comments on FOX....

Former UN Ambassador John Bolton ripped the Obama administration’s leak of the name of the CIA station chief in Afghanistan, a blunder he says “could render a lot of intelligence operations ongoing in Afghanistan absolutely moot” on “American’s Newsroom” this on Tuesday. Bolton said the leak was “jaw-droppingly stupid,” and wondered aloud how Deputy Security Advisor for Strategic Communication Ben Rhodes and other “media flacks” missed the leak. Bolton asked “has [Rhodes] been there at the NSC for five years and doesn't know what a chief of station is?”

When asked about comparisons between this leak and the infamous Valerie Plame leak, Bolton said the two were not comparable because the Plame leak “was just malicious gossip,” whereas the CIA station chief leak was “utter incompetence.” Bolton said the leak pointed to a problem that has been a theme throughout the Obama presidency that “there is nobody in charge at the White House.”

Article Source

John Bolton Reacts to Obama CIA Leak

www.youtube.com...

0bama needs to be Removed !!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

In typical White House fashion, they admitted the problem once they heard about it in the Press and will fix it.

Now that they know it's NOT a good idea to identify your top spook in one of the most dangerous assignments in the world, they promise to monitor press reports even more and only refer to the Station Chief as "that guy". I hear they are blaming Julian Assange and Edward Snowdon for the error.

edit on 27-5-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Leaving a sponge in a patient is a big deal with major consequences. Doesn't mean the doctors who do it (and are rightfully reprimanded for such behavior) are somehow out to kill people.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Except more innocuous proofreading errors happen all the time. People aren't infallible.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

I'm starting to think everything with the Obama admin. is carefully contrived.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

Leaving a sponge in a patient is a big deal with major consequences. Doesn't mean the doctors who do it (and are rightfully reprimanded for such behavior) are somehow out to kill people.

It's funny you would pick doctors, their mistakes are the third leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer. Negligence or accidental? Wonder why their malpractice insurance is so high.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yeah,, except that the sponge isn't in a foreign hostile country with groups of people that will target and kill it.

Do you really need this explained to you? Or are you just being an apologist for 0bama?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Then maybe the people in/around the admin should keep their mouths shut.

Or just keep yapping away so we get wonderful statements like "You can keep your plan", or "just shoot a warning shot in the air".

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace

Except more innocuous proofreading errors happen all the time. People aren't infallible.

Innocuous proofreading would be sending out a company memo. A White House press briefing would be much more serious especially when mentioning a station chief. Another question would be why would a station chief even be in a press briefing? How would anyone even know his name if the description wasn't mentioned? It isn't like Buford T. Rufus was just inserted in a sentence about something unrelated. There is much more going on here.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They are accruing more screwups than Mossad.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually if the Memo was vetted by the Military,,
then tech. its the Pentagon Branch giving it to the CIA branch,,
and just letting them know who is top branch,,

Obama,,lol he's so far into his own little world,, well never mind.

Branch too Branch Warfare, Ain't Fair, or advisable .
In the House.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
He was on a list of individuals that would be at a military briefing before Obama's surprise visit to the troops. The intern that put together the list was probably given access to all employee information for the embassy in Kabul and told to put everyone on the list as attending. The entire point of having a legal resident spy is to allow the individual to maintain a diplomatic cover and have full access to embassy functions that regular state department officials have. You can't do that and not have a paper trail. A LOT of people don't know the term "Chief of Station", so it's no surprise that it slipped past so many otherwise well learned individuals. That said, BECAUSE this guy has diplomatic cover, he's not going to need to be rushed to a safehouse or evacuated because Afghan insurgents or third party intelligence officials already assume he's a spy on some level.
edit on 28-5-2014 by Jalbrook because: None

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

He was on a list of individuals that would be at a military briefing before Obama's surprise visit to the troops. The intern that put together the list was probably given access to all employee information for the embassy in Kabul and told to put everyone on the list as attending. The entire point of having a legal resident spy is to allow the individual to maintain a diplomatic cover and have full access to embassy functions that regular state department officials have. You can't do that and not have a paper trail. A LOT of people don't know the term "Chief of Station", so it's no surprise that it slipped past so many otherwise well learned individuals. That said, BECAUSE this guy has diplomatic cover, he's not going to need to be rushed to a safehouse or evacuated because Afghan insurgents or third party intelligence officials already assume he's a spy on some level.

I agree the mistake was probably the embassy itself and no one caught it. They would have been asked for a list of employees and it was probably listed on there and the person back in the states had no clue what it meant.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Lets get a clean rinse and get some of the soap out of your brainwashed mind sweetheart...

"... They are trying to make a living for the LOVE of Country.....so you and i can keep our right to sit here and type whatever our opinion may be!! "

The right to free speech was set by our founding fathers as a god given right. The soldiers fighting in Afghanistan are not fighting to protect our Constitutional rights. The Taliban or Al Qaeda have not affected our constitutional rights at all. They were simply the boogeymen to blame for September 11th.

The biggest threat to our rights are sitting in the White House. They are the elected members of congress that are waltzing around in $3000 suits, living like royalty, and passing whatever their corporate overlords tell them to do. Exempting themselves from laws like the AHA and holding themselves to a higher standard than the common citizen.

"I am very upset and angry about this!! I have a very special friend whose life, could at this very moment be in Jeopardy!!"

Whoever this "special friend" of yours is, should know that the second you sign your life away to the military of this country, you become property of the US government. Risking your life is part of the job. You obviously have emotional ties that may be blinding you to the truth about the Military. Sure, I have friends and family in the Military, but are they heroes because they signed up to participate in global genocide of brown people?

Is it not more heroic to be compassionate toward fellow human beings, instead of filling their bodies with lead?

All I am saying is that this CIA guy will be reassigned somewhere else. Its the damn CIA for gods sake, they can make people disappear and start new identities if they need to.

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com... reply to: paxnatus

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: oneupShadow
Lets get a clean rinse and get some of the soap out of your brainwashed mind sweetheart...

"... They are trying to make a living for the LOVE of Country.....so you and i can keep our right to sit here and type whatever our opinion may be!! "

The right to free speech was set by our founding fathers as a god given right. The soldiers fighting in Afghanistan are not fighting to protect our Constitutional rights. The Taliban or Al Qaeda have not affected our constitutional rights at all. They were simply the boogeymen to blame for September 11th.

The biggest threat to our rights are sitting in the White House. They are the elected members of congress that are waltzing around in $3000 suits, living like royalty, and passing whatever their corporate overlords tell them to do. Exempting themselves from laws like the AHA and holding themselves to a higher standard than the common citizen.

"I am very upset and angry about this!! I have a very special friend whose life, could at this very moment be in Jeopardy!!"

Whoever this "special friend" of yours is, should know that the second you sign your life away to the military of this country, you become property of the US government. Risking your life is part of the job. You obviously have emotional ties that may be blinding you to the truth about the Military. Sure, I have friends and family in the Military, but are they heroes because they signed up to participate in global genocide of brown people?

Is it not more heroic to be compassionate toward fellow human beings, instead of filling their bodies with lead?

All I am saying is that this CIA guy will be reassigned somewhere else. Its the damn CIA for gods sake, they can make people disappear and start new identities if they need to.

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com... reply to: paxnatus

It is a shame government stopped working for the people and started working for itself. The founding fathers attempted to keep central government small and was supposed to be answerable to the States. Now its completely opposite the state is subordinate to the central government.

edit on 5/30/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oneupShadow

I am very upset and angry about this!! I have a very special friend whose life, could at this very moment be in Jeopardy!!" Whoever this "special friend" of yours is, should know that the second you sign your life away to the military of this country, you become property of the US government. Risking your life is part of the job. You obviously have emotional ties that may be blinding you to the truth about the Military. Sure, I have friends and family in the Military, but are they heroes because they signed up to participate in global genocide of brown people? Is it not more heroic to be compassionate toward fellow human beings, instead of filling their bodies with lead? All I am saying is that this CIA guy will be reassigned somewhere else. Its the damn CIA for gods sake, they can make people disappear and start new identities if they need to.

GREAT TRY AT DEFLECTION! I will respond to you, since i am such a sweetheart I am sure you wont mind, [SNIP]

You make a lot of ignorant assumptions when you assume you know what you are talking about and you don't! I never said he or she was military....DOH*** would that mean then that they are CIA Hmmmmm I dont know I did not make that claim either. I will tell you something...though since you seem to have more sympathy for terrorists (and yes, just because YOU say it isn't so, DOESN't change the FACTS!) than you do the men and women who are willing to lay down their life for their country and the people in their country like your sorry ass! Why don't you make your military family and friends very proud and go live with the people in some of the most dangerous countries in the world! Then come back and talk about who is practicing genocide and who is murdering!!

One more thing I never said "they were worried" I said I was worried.....and trust me this person knows damn well what they signed up for ......and you want to know something else.......This person has done some of the most dangerous things in this world..that you and i will never know about....and has had many a brother die in their arms....and the most unbelievable thing about this person is, even with all the loss of life they have seen...Ask them if they knew then what they know now would they still be willing to die for their country.....The answer would be an emphatic yes!! And NOT just die for the patriot or the right or the left......they would die for you, the hater and the one who thinks they enjoy and celebrate when another person dies regardless of their political or religious or ethnic background...

So yes I am emotional about this person and their safety.....but they are there so you Have and keep that right to Express, YES, EVEN YOUR HATRED!

edit on 5/30/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/30/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

(post by oneupShadow removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join