It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House MISTAKENLY Identifies CIA Chief In Afghanistan!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

How adorable, a passive-aggressive grammar nazi. And yes, treasonist is a word.

As to whether or not this was intentional treason, we don't have enough facts to make a definitive judgement either way.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
plenty of fault to go around here. from the individual who proofed the list to the one who picked it up from the printers to.... and to. and to.... and. YES.... the responsibility does go all the way up to the president.

the indentities of operatives, especially those abroad, are about as sanctimonious as wedding vows ['t least for me].

to disclose the CIAs top, numero uno, chief operative in a foreign country IS in fact treason. like it or not, folks.

how it 'happened' is really of no concern, who initially allowed it to happen shoiuld be the start of heads down the bowling alley... and just go up the chain from there.

these type lists have to be 'approved' and 'approved' and 'approved all the way up a 'chain of command'.... due to exactly the same type security leak we see here.

the obvious is that no one 'noticed it', at first'.

the aftermath of such SHOULD commence with the lighting of torches .... to expose those who not only 'dropped their ball' but also placed the life, safety and security of another in harm's way.

enough with this unaccountability dealio we have going on in the big house lately. - ENOUGH. already!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

though, i have to admit, we'll likely hear little about this in about a week or so....

it'll likely prove yet another blunder swept under the rug of 'spreading democracy'
UH:

how foolish they are to expect that we'll just sit back and 'take it on their word' and go from there.... especially whilst they're all still in office and pulling down that federal dime.

'ts getting absolutely pathetic anymore. - the charade that is our gov't.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Not to mention the families of ST6 who now have changed their names and have had to go into a Witness Protection type program.

This admin is so pathetically amateur and self centered they all need to be removed by law and quickly . They do SOOOOO MUCH grandstanding they puy everyone in harm. Even worse they compromise the children of these brave men and women. Pathological and pathhhhetic!!!!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I suspect the moment they realized the mistake operatives were sent to bring the agent in.
Hopefully he is not the only CIA operative who can do the job.

Mistakes were made, hopefully they are contained.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
I suspect the moment they realized the mistake operatives were sent to bring the agent in.
Hopefully he is not the only CIA operative who can do the job.

Mistakes were made, hopefully they are contained.

conveniently 'relieved of duty' [for their own protection, yeah right].... yet their actual/real identity is still out there for all to see.

makes one wonder if, just as with plame, somebody wasn't just serving up a vendetta!???

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SloAnPainful

Seems unlikely, despite noises to the contrary. Actions are, in this case, seemingly much loader than words.

Sheer Chaplinesque incompetence. Or deliberate disclosure. In either case, heads need to roll, but won't. As with nearly all high level politics, cover up, cover up, and cover up some more. Especially if it reflects poorly, which it most assuredly does, on the sitting President.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie
a reply to: paxnatus

Thank you Pax for airing this latest "gaffe"

Another comedian, all the gaffe's done and by "the folks" in the White House, So maybe OBL is not dispatched after all either?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think the lack of professionalism (which includes the ABILITY to be professionals at all, of course) is highlighted by another part of the OP and I'd just noticed it hadn't been looked at much... Washington Post is the OP source, as well it should be. It matters because Washington Post was running the press pool for this one. They were they gatekeeper to getting and vetting anything which needed it...and they tried.

Wilson said that after the report was distributed, he noticed the unusual reference to the station chief and asked White House press officials in Afghanistan whether they had intended to include that name.

Initially, the press office raised no objection, apparently because military officials had provided the list to distribute to news organizations. But senior White House officials realized the mistake and scrambled to issue an updated list without the CIA officer’s name. The mistake, however, already was being noted on Twitter, although without the station chief’s name.
(OP Source Link)

I can see the hows of it, I just cannot see the whys of it for people who aren't pretty well past having to think on whether that name and title, being actual Chief of Station CIA/Afghanistan would be a BAD one to actually have included, and for a specific briefing no less.

When they work for the White House, we ought to expect they are among the very best of whatever area they are working. This sounds more like On-The-Job Training as much as anything going on. Very scary policy for that employer.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i'm confused. i thought the CIA was a democratic organization.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
makes one wonder if, just as with plame, somebody wasn't just serving up a vendetta!???

I hope it was a mistake...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: jimmyx

You're right jimmy, because the buck does not stop with Emperor Obama.

He's perfect!

Wonder who he's going to throw under the bus?

would you have him do what bush did, and do nothing?

Yes, Obama has demonstrated quite well that he's just fine leading the country in the same manner that Bush did. I expect business as usual.

I only see the bitter irony that is "Obama haters" riled up when they were nowhere to be found when Bush did it to Valerie Plame.

Both instances are horrendous acts of treason, IMO. But to expect anything but the status quo from ALL of them is utter lunacy.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Once again, how is this Obama's fault? You think he handles petty administrative tasks of this nature? It very well could have been a mistake, and it cannot be proven otherwise. So you should admit that it is just speculation on your part. When a station chief gets outed like this, they come back to the US. So if it was in fact purposeful, it was most likely to get this guy out of there without "firing" him. He will be in no danger once back on US soil, no more so than any other known intelligence officer, of which there are many. He is not the first station chief to be outed either.

And the danger level, despite what others may say, has decreased from 10 or more years ago. The region has stabilized to a certain degree, although not completely. These Islamic militants have had a rough going and do not possess the same power and operability they once did. Their communications networks have broken down, and as a result coordinating larger attacks is much more difficult. And getting inside the compound where this chief works from in Kabul is not an easy task for an individual or a small group of terrorists.

Saying his life is now in grave danger is an overstatement. His life is in no more danger than others, as he is well protected. So this is not the end of the world. If you want to be incensed about lives in danger, then you should be angry about the fact that we have soldiers on the ground in the ME to begin with. Their lives are in MUCH more danger. But since Obama started this war I guess it his fault too right? LOL.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

"He will be in no danger once back on US " and what of all his "friends" who associated with this man,, i mean CIA SPY,, how do u think THEY??? MIGHTbe feeling about now??

great way too destroy an entire intellegence network,, if u ask me,,

gee never watch any old movies??
or is spy world different today?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus
No they said incompetence or teasonous,fault doesn't cover that issue.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: smurfy

Initially, the press office raised no objection, apparently because military officials had provided the list to distribute to news organizations. But senior White House officials realized the mistake and scrambled to issue an updated list without the CIA officer’s name. The mistake, however, already was being noted on Twitter, although without the station chief’s name.

I can see the hows of it, I just cannot see the whys of it for people who aren't pretty well past having to think on whether that name and title, being actual Chief of Station CIA/Afghanistan would be a BAD one to actually have included, and for a specific briefing no less.

When they work for the White House, we ought to expect they are among the very best of whatever area they are working. This sounds more like On-The-Job Training as much as anything going on. Very scary policy for that employer.

It is the mark of Cain IMHO, and the need to know compartmentalization. I don't see that as coming from the White house in the first instance, either way, bears no reference to the way this thread is orientated.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Nah it's sheer incompetence.

It's the name of the game for Obama and his circus he calls a administration.

-SAP-

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
May they will release this guy,, for giving them the name of the TOP guy ,,

u think??

"The CIA has posted signed across Afghanistan - where they believe Levinson's captors might be hiding him - offering a $1million reward for his return"

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Ys6q

i dont think thats how it works though.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sirjunlegun

Yeah, allot of intelligence officers have had their careers ruined and their real identities compromised. I wont mention any particulars since I would hope those incidents are forgotten ASAP. Their families are subject to the same dangers as them.

It just sucks monkey balls on every level. This is the worst age for American intelligence. It has been argued that if it weren't for our technological advantage and our alliance with the UK and Israel, we wouldn't be able to keep an intelligence apparatus.

Bad times.

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I only see the bitter irony that is "Obama haters" riled up when they were nowhere to be found when Bush did it to Valerie Plame.

A some of us Obama Haters gave him a chance I actually voted for the jerk 1st time till I saw what he was like.
B I did plenty of whining about Bush and the Plame incident.
C Valarie Plame was a gofer This was a STATION CHIEF !! There is a big big difference.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wonder if this station chief has or had intel about CIA operations in Libya 2010-2014 . Got my conspiracy leaning mind thinking. That would be a prime reason to destroy his career .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join