It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a question about this apple I cut in half recently.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DieSektor

you bought an apple from walmart???
curiosity something something about a cat?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When the world forgets how to grow food, growing food will be astonishing to us.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ah I wouldn't worry too much about that. It just happens from time to time when you play musical chairs with the DNA. If you grow a pair of testicles off your forehead, just notify the head of your department and you will be provided with a special hat.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Haha thanks for the replies everyone, yes buying a produce product from Wal-mart does require a bit of curiosity or bravery it seems these days. I'm trying to figure out how to upload the picture from my phone on this thread.

Anyone know the tips to do that.

And this apple was in the typical "Produce" section at Walmart in those slanted trays here apples/oranges/ect sit perfectly in the indented holes in the tray so they sit nearly and perfect stacked on top of each other. The flesh of the fruity apple was crisp NOT mushy or old it seems. Like I said before the actual flesh of the fruit did NOT seek natural it was styrofoam like. An example would be that syrup foam board insulation you see people put up around the foundations of their houses. It actually gave a iridescent bluish/red sheen when I tilted it to the light.

Don't worry folks I WILl try my hardest to get the picture uploaded

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The same thing happened to me! Were your granny smiths very sour? Mine were so sour I cut them all up and made a pie. I was seriously considering going outside and planting the seeds, but I live in an apartment complex. I bought my bag of granny smiths at Target a couple weeks ago and pretty much every apple had germinated seeds in them. The apples were not mushy or bruised or discolored--just super sour.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It is the way how apples are stored now. Apple seeds need to go through stratification process. Basically they must be frozen for couple of weeks before they can germinate. Now are apples stored in temperatures close or even below zero degrees of celsius.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let this be a lesson to you: Don't buy produce at WalMart. It sucks. That apple was probably picked two years ago. You got a baby apple tree, my friend. Much less edible.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I have had several green peppers I sliced into this year have little green peppers starting to grow inside them. I just figured it was over ripe. I rip the little baby green peppers out and eat the rest.

I'm a monster.

I think that could also just be some mutated peppers, sometimes they grow with extra bulb looking parts that could look similar to a baby pepper.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DieSektor
Was surfing Reddit and saw this pic, thought of this thread.

Seeds sprouting inside a lemon.
i.imgur.com...

edit on 28-5-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join