It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All-Is-One Theory vs. The Self

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

When I used the word reality, I was referring to life, everything that exists and will exist, the entire Universe, ALL. There is only One All. There can not be more than one, because those would be included in ALL.

Like I said, absolute fact. End of story.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

"All" means many things. "One" means one thing. There is a contradiction in terms here, and is the result of a gross generalization. Same with your name. "WeAreOne" is a direct contradiction. "WeAreMany" would have been a better choice of words. "We are one" is meaningless, just like the philosophy that abounds from such an empty and incomplete assertion. We are one what?

There is no such thing as an all. Whenever we use the word "all", we are speaking about the entire quantity of a specific group of particular objects. A group is composed of many things, and is not itself a single object.

If you want to say you're the same as the planet Jupiter because you exist at the same moment, be my guest, but it's utterly meaningless and empty of content.

So no, not an absolute fact, only bad logic, bad grammar and bad philosophy. End of story.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Just because you don't understand the logic, doesn't give you the right to claim it is bad logic.

originally posted by: Aphorism
"All" means many things. "One" means one thing. There is a contradiction in terms here, and is the result of a gross generalization. Same with your name. "WeAreOne" is a direct contradiction. "WeAreMany" would have been a better choice of words. "We are one" is meaningless, just like the philosophy that abounds from such an empty and incomplete assertion. We are one what?

You fail to understand that one thing can have many parts... Just like your body is one, yet it has many parts... All the many parts form one body.

"We Are One" means we are many parts of the whole. We are the many parts of the one body.

You ask, "We are one what?". We are one entity. An omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, living, breathing, creating, evolving entity. We are everything that exists, has ever existed, and will exist.

There is no such thing as an all.

You are terribly wrong... The only thing that exists is The All.

Whenever we use the word "all", we are speaking about the entire quantity of a specific group of particular objects. A group is composed of many things, and is not itself a single object.

I see where your problem is. You suffer from the illusion of division, and the need for classification. You separate things based on their appearance and other attributes, give these things names and classifications, and then believe they are by themselves single objects, and not just abstract concepts created by your mind and limited senses.

An analogy of your problem:

Think of a digital image, like the one you see before you on your computer screen. As a whole, it is simply a collection of pixels of many different colors that make ONE image. However, your mind divides this one image into different objects such as buttons, images, menu bars, icons, text, windows, tabs, etc. based on their appearance and attributes, and even function and purpose, and what you sense. You are doing the same thing with reality to.

What is the difference between hydrogen and helium? What is the difference between gold and platinum? The difference between water and dirt? Nothing. Besides their appearance and attributes, and how your limited senses perceive them, they are all made of electrons, protons, and neutrons which are made of smaller particles called quarks and leptons (which all are just abstract concepts created by the illusion of division), which are all made of the same energy. From what we are able to sense, everything is made of the same energy like the pixels of a giant image.

All these things which your mind has concluded are single objects really are just One object which your mind and limited senses has divided into parts.

The term "ALL IS ONE" or "WE ARE ONE" is a transition from one paradigm to another. The old paradigm of division into parts (all) to the paradigm of unity (one).

The Universe is basically a giant image, and it's a fact we are all a part of this one image. Everything that exists, has existed, or will ever exist, is a part of this constantly changing image.

If you want to say you're the same as the planet Jupiter because you exist at the same moment, be my guest, but it's utterly meaningless and empty of content.

I will say, the planet Jupiter and I are both made of the same energy. That energy came into existence at the same time, creating the events which lead to our formation, so we were both conceived at the same time. We are both connected by the same energy too, there exists energy between us that is connected (explained in previous posts). And even though your senses suffer from the illusion that there is vast distance filled with nothing between Jupiter and I, which causes you to erroneously believe we are two separate objects, I know for a fact that if you could see or understand all forms of energy with your eyes and mind, you wouldn't be able to distinguish one from the other. You wouldn't be able to say with such conviction that Jupiter is one thing, and I am another. You wouldn't help but have to agree that we are indeed one object.

So no, not an absolute fact, only bad logic, bad grammar and bad philosophy. End of story.

What has been said by me is an undeniable absolute truth. It is based on the most logical argument one will ever obtain in their lifetime, which most the greatest philosophers of our time have agreed upon. Not many people are able to break free from the illusion that you currently suffer from, and see the ultimate truth I have explained to you, but I have faith some day you will.

End of story.

<< 1   >>

join