It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Most Important Inventions of Nikola Tesla... Known (my add)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

first patent
second patent

Will the US Patent Office be a "good enough" source or do we need a field trip to Belgrade to see if we can look through his journal housed there?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

What does any of this have to do with "Apple and IBM ran into Tesla's patents when developing and implementing newer microprocessors and constantly had to find ways around them due to how they functioned and processed information"?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Will the US Patent Office be a "good enough" source or do we need a field trip to Belgrade to see if we can look through his journal housed there?

I'm sorry...after looking at both of those documents; I have to wonder..."Where is the AND gate?" I mean IF these are supposed to be the patient papers for Tesla's "invention" of the "AND"...show me the "AND"!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You've all overlooked Nikola's his most incredible* invention : his death-ray ...

Tesla described Teleforces operation:

... The nozzle would send concentrated beams of particles through the free air, of such tremendous energy that they will bring down a fleet of 10,000 enemy airplanes at a distance of 200 miles from a defending nation's border and will cause armies to drop dead in their tracks

en.wikipedia.org...

[ * #2 ]
edit on 28-5-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany
You've all overlooked Nikola's his most incredible* invention : his death-ray ...

Tesla described Teleforces operation:

... The nozzle would send concentrated beams of particles through the free air, of such tremendous energy that they will bring down a fleet of 10,000 enemy airplanes at a distance of 200 miles from a defending nation's border and will cause armies to drop dead in their tracks

en.wikipedia.org...

[ * #2 ]

I think Tesla lived in a fantasy world. Was he ever certified?
2nd

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Not to start another argument, but most people agree that the sky is blue. But feel free to debate the minute differences between shades of blue. It honestly reminds me of the "evidence" used to to "prove" the moon landing were faked. When the reality is that the technology involved at that time would have been more difficult to come by than actually going to the moon. In other words, I am done glad handing whatever jollies you derive from such needling of minutia.

But by all means, don't take my word for it nor the word of anyone you should meet that is qualified to give a lecture on the history of computers as they will tell you the same thing. Go out there and do all that deep internet research for yourself because we all know if it isn't on the internet then it isn't real.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: jimmyx
tesla was by far, the most brilliant in the field of "applied" sciences....he was so far ahead of his time, that upon his death, the government itself, confiscated much of his work, and it has not been made public since....he died on jan. 7, 1943, and 71 years later, they still will not release his documents, they remain classified...what could be so important to remain classified after 71 years?

Michael Faraday was twice the Scientist that was Tesla. Look at what Faraday achieved compared to Tesla.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Tesla is over hyped and overblown. Tesla only improved what others had done before him.

Thays because Tesla was an inventor and not a scientists.He experimented recording results but he never truly understood why these things were happening. In fact his theories were just flat out wrong but he was a genious in the field of design. He could look at an invention and find a better way to do it.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Nikola Tesla was a brilliant mind, and what a shame it is that his image and knowledge is shunned or hidden.

I believe with the children being born in our world today, we will see more Tesla-like minds within the Human collective, who will discovery, invent and share amazing things as Tesla dreamed of!

When it comes to free-unlimited energy that everyone can use and be energy-debt-free, there is only one thing I think of that makes any sense. This is the idea that; whatever is powering the universe to exist, galaxies to form, stars to burn, and planets to support and bring about life - can be tapped into or harnessed to power other creations/inventions.

This energy grid is what is charging atoms - it is the electricity coursing through your body, through the Earth and maybe even the Sun and beyond! I believe this is what Tesla knew about, and this is what he learned to harness - but some rich people weren't having it..

Great thread

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Just post up the sources to support your claim.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong He had more original thoughts than Edison. Edison ran a research and development operation, claiming all the work of his employees in patents. Tesla and Edison had a falling out, when Edison told Telsa that his offer of a huge reward for solving a problem, which Tesla did, was a joke. Tesla quit. You really should make use of the available resources to you to research.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That article about a beam that could bring down 10,000 planes was published in 1934.
That was a key year in the development of the Z pinch.
en.wikipedia.org...
Could Tesla have been secretly hinting at the possibilities of a colliding beam fusion reactor?
The dream of cornering the Middle East oil market and destabilizing the region was still 20 years away from implementation.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

But by all means, don't take my word for it nor the word of anyone you should meet that is qualified to give a lecture on the history of computers as they will tell you the same thing. Go out there and do all that deep internet research for yourself because we all know if it isn't on the internet then it isn't real.

So...does actually being there and living that history (of computers) have any meaning?

Cause...There was never any issues with Tesla patients and the semiconductor industry. The issues you state that IBM and Apple had, in the 90's, is pure BS...those issues never existed, except perhaps in the mind of someone who was not there.

You posted paper that demonstrated that Tesla "invented" the AND gate; absolutely not true. The "AND" function, more properly the "Boolean" AND method was discovered by a man named "Boole", and is a natural part of what we call "Boolean logic", which is used in computers. However, Tesla's implementation, is only that; an implementation. The basic AND gate (function) predated Tesla, and modern implementations do not use mechanical switches...as Tesla's did.

In fact it seems reasonable that companies like Signetics, National Semi, Intel, and group of others, not including IBM or Apple would have had issues with that patient long before IBM or Apple. And of course they didn't.

The reality of Tesla is that while he was a genius for his time, today...he couldn't get hired to do the same job...he didn't know enough about electrical engineering to work in that field today.

If you look at the schematics for his "signaling method", where you state he somehow "patented" the AND gate, you will, or should immediately see just how primitive the designs are, especially by today's standards. And of course, I was personally disappointed by that schematic...I'm a 67 year old electrical engineer, Tesla was presented to me as some sort of demi-god...seeing that schematic quite simply destroyed all respect I had for the man...I mean; I was designing circuits far more complex at the age of 9 than he did as an adult...seriously disappointing!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Semi-Conductors.

Every time we look at Tesla, we have to refer back to Faraday.
Faraday led, Tesla followed in his coat tails.

www.computerhistory.org...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Half your list is 100% wrong and there is no proof whatsoever that he invented free limitless energy.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
That article about a beam that could bring down 10,000 planes was published in 1934.
That was a key year in the development of the Z pinch.
en.wikipedia.org...
Could Tesla have been secretly hinting at the possibilities of a colliding beam fusion reactor?

No. A Z-pinch does nothing to bring down 10,000 planes.

1934 was a year in which he was profoundly in uh, an altered reality. He was mentally ill and hadn't been seriously productive for many years.

Besides, Tesla didn't even believe in quantum mechanics, and showed no evidence of understanding nuclear physics.

He was pretty clever for electromagnetism 1890--but then 40 years of the most productive and revolutionary science passed him by.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Tesla was a media "voice" and the Tesla announcement style was very loose and esoteric so that it could be (mis)interpreted easily. The information signal to noise ratio is almost below the intelligible threshold. Its like eating a lobster tail armored by a shell of insane rambling.

I agree the Z pinch didn't help much with the plasma containment issue either.
We don't have any 10,000 planes on ATS and even if we did there is no place to land them.
We could try TPAJAX but we'd probably overshoot.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This thread once again proves that Tesla has a cult behind his personality. He did not invent most things on the list, but did indeed contributed to them.

It's also ironic that while Tesla is credited for perfecting the AC motor, the "Tesla" automobiles that bear his name use DC motors

Tesla Motors uses 3-phase AC Induction Motors, not DC.
edit on 31/5/14 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: C0bzz

How incredibly inefficient! One would think that their engineers would not have wasted money and technology needlessly like that...I guess Tesla autos are NOT what they're cracked up to be.

sad!

edit on 31-5-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz
Tesla, working for Westinghouse, Edison had a fine, public war over electricity. Tesla was the AC man. Edison wanted to wire the world in DC.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: C0bzz

How incredibly inefficient! One would think that their engineers would not have wasted money and technology needlessly like that...I guess Tesla autos are NOT what they're cracked up to be.

sad!

I wouldn't bet against the engineering of Tesla Motors. They've been thinking about this for 10 years now and have actual experiments, not just armchair theorizing.

www.teslamotors.com...

It's clear that Tesla Motors has enough capability to consider and design all kinds of electric motors in concert with their control electronics and make the right trade-off of performance, reliability and cost. The battery management and motor control is where TM has a significant competitive advantage.

In contrast, induction machines have no magnets and B fields are “adjustable,” since B is proportionate to V/f (voltage to frequency). This means that at light loads the inverter can reduce voltage such that magnetic losses are reduced and efficiency is maximized. Thus, the induction machine when operated with a smart inverter has an advantage over a DC brushless machine – magnetic and conduction losses can be traded such that efficiency is optimized. This advantage becomes increasingly important as performance is increased. With DC brushless, as machine size grows, the magnetic losses increase proportionately and part load efficiency drops. With induction, as machine size grows, losses do not necessarily grow. Thus, induction drives may be the favored approach where high-performance is desired; peak efficiency will be a little less than with DC brushless, but average efficiency may actually be better.

Most people drive cars at a small fraction of their peak engine output. A train or industrial machinery application could be different.

Note also the high price and strategic unavailability of materials (neodymium in particular) for high-performance permanent ferromagnets. Tesla's capacity long term will be limited by battery supplies, which they're working on to fix.

They don't want to be limited by neodymium and have their expansion being sabotaged by the whim of the Chinese Communist party.

There's no particular strategic shortage of lithium or large difficulty in expanding capacity, and so it's easier to make a large battery factory than a large battery factory and a neodymium mine.

By the way, Elon Musk is much more like a combination of Edison and Westinghouse (extraordinary business capability but with deep technical understanding and mastery). Musk and Tesla Motors are much more capable than the real life (and not hyped) Nikolai Tesla.

edit on 31-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join