It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy of stupidity; Ignorance will be our downfall, even in the alternative community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If only sheer stupidity could be classified as a conspiracy. But no, these people are ACTUALLY this stupid. Take a look at the loose connections and explicit paranoia in this video, which falsely explains how Back to the Future is actually an Illuminati brainwash film.

Yeah... Back to the Future, of all things.

There is a reason why its difficult for me to talk to anyone about government cover ups, or inside jobs, or any sort of conspiracy whatsoever. You know why? Because nutjobs like this make the rest of us look like tinfoil-hat-wearing retards, foaming at the mouth, flailing our arms, and hollering "Reptoid Illuminati Alien Shill!" at every news story.

I know its a long video. Just watch the first five minutes, you'll see what I mean.

The guy actually flips the clock on the Twin Pines Mall sign, turning 1:16 into 91:1 which he translated to 9/11.

9/11 symbolism right thur!

This is the kind of paranoid bunk that makes the rest of us look completely idiotic.

Like this;

I've never believed in these loose theories regarding symbolism.

BUT! Let's say I'm wrong. Let's say they are ALL elaborate symbols to old world customs from other cultures and people.

So what?

What difference does it make?

Is it going to turn us all into Manchurian hitmen or shut down our brains with the utterance of the correct word or phrase?

What about the government cover-ups and laws being passed behind our backs? Isn't that more important than these meaningless symbols? Overbearing paranoia is all this is. And because these people are openly saying they don't go along with mainstream culture and Hollywood ideals, they truly believe that anything they say, do, or advocate otherwise must be the truth.

The world isn't black and white, folks.

What can we do to counter this?

That's an honest question, because I am lost.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There always have been.. always will be village idiots ..

Never stop learning .. question everything .. stand up for whats right speak out against tyranny and oppression .. patience with the village idiots ..

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

I agree that the accusations are right for the wrong reason at best and encourage an awful reasoning process.

Those people are there if ever you absolutely need them.

What can we do to counter this? That's an honest question, because I am lost.

I try to impart a basic fact or self-evident truth that a person will need to know in order to understand the real situation.

The more a person hears good info the sooner they will think good thoughts.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As Einstein noted, of the two things he considered to be potentially infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, he was only prepared to back the latter, Human Stupidity.

These sorts of things only make you and I look ridiculous in the eye of the beholder, that's their problem.

And ditto Expat888s' remarks.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

ETA: My tag line, for me at least, sums it up.
edit on 26-5-2014 by myselfaswell because: stuff

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

edit on 26-5-2014 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
If only sheer stupidity could be classified as a conspiracy. But no, these people are ACTUALLY this stupid.

I'm not so sure of that,,he seems like a sensible individual,,warning others about the danger was the only reasonable course of action.

new topics

top topics

join