It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the beginning of the end for Europe?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It isn't the End of the EU.
It's more likely a new start, when a not so little anymore minority does question the laws made in the EU parliament.
I hope that there is more control now in the parliament, when the critics can voice their concerns in a more coordinated fashion.
The german AfD is a euro-critic party too and got 7% of the votes. It's not the same situation like in France or the UK, but noteworthy too

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

here in the UK, people were given the vote in the 1970s for a common market

Just to be accurate - the UK joined the EEC (as it was then known) in 1973. No one had any say in it.

In 1975, Britons were offered a referendum on whether to stay in the EEC or leave; the people voted to stay in.

Of course there was no reason to leave at the time, and there was certainly no talk of a union with Europe, or else we would definitely have wanted out.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What I find so facsinating it is how europeans are quickly fleeing the middle ground With extreme-left groups like the national front in france, right wing groups like ukip attracting the poorest in society and neo-facist groups like the golden dawn rising in greece.

The nations in europe are all developing a distinct and unique view of how their country should be and no government can create a nation out of such a splintered region.

It would be like if you tried to make a country out of Iran, Alaska, Argentina and Tibet. There is to much emergent diversety in belief as to what a government should stand for and do for a country like that to ever hold together.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

Exactly... we have no common ground other than we don't want to fight each other.

But like the states had the English crown back then, we have... nothing, except for bureaucratic fascist pigs making rules for us that we really don't want in the first place.
So it's no wonder that the populations of various countries are electing officials who appear to want to safeguard their own nation's interests first and foremost.

I seriously hope that EU will crash and burn. It's becoming very apparent that it's being structure for the interest of big business rather than the individual states much less the individual man and woman.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think you all aught to wake up and smell the roses. You are all believing the propaganda you're being fed. Whether you want to believe it or not but the NWO is here already. All the money, and money IS the power, is in the hands of globally owned banks, industrialist and assorted billionaires They control your life not any elected powers. The only way to fight these multi-national entities is to be global yourselves not retreating into nations. How far do you really want to take it then? Every nation,whether France, Germany or Britain, could split from the EU but lets not stop there every country can split up into city states. Can't you see that is what THEY want? Keep you split, control you better. As for the EURO. Since when has it mattered to the man in the street what his coin is called, it's what you can buy with the coin that matters and no single nation can dictate what that rate is. Look at the USA. Work hard the Dollar is strong. Still work hard but China and Russia suddenly goes off the Dollar and the purchasing power of the Dollar goes down. The only way to fight or try and control multi-nationals is to be multi-national yourselves not hide behind borders. OK the EUs not great but it worth fighting for not giving up on.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As for the EURO. Since when has it mattered to the man in the street what his coin is called, it's what you can buy with the coin that matters and no single nation can dictate what that rate is.

Well, although your point of view is respected and understood let me tell you this :

I arrived in France 25 years ago when the French Franc was the currency.

The way of life over here was laid back and most people could afford to eat, clothe themselves, go out from time to time etc etc...

Then along came the €uro...

Little by little the cost of living has shot through the roof whilst the wages either staled or were cut to "save" companies from going bust, unemployment has risen and poverty has struck even the middle classes.

Not only the above but despite them "promising" not to put prices up, most companies profited from the €uros entry into the EU and started to slowly but surely raise prices for nearly everything that your average Tom, Dick and Harry needs on a daily basis... and those prices are still going up...

I do not know where you are from, but I can assure you that the average French person will tell you that they do not agree anymore to the Euro and would gladly like to see the national currency back again... (As well as a Gvt who actually cares about the people, listens to the people and acts on behalf of the people)...

I will have you know that people over here in Europe work their backsides off too, just as those in the USA do to earn a simple wage and feed their families... I don't see the Euro going up and poverty + unemployment going down because of this?

People all over Europe are fed up of being dictated to by a bunch of overpaid beurocrats who only go to Brussels every now and again to justify their salaries and have no clue as to how the REAL people in Europe live...

Oh... and by the way, Switzerland have kept to themselves and are doing extremely well thank you very much... only last week the Swiss parlement offered the Swiss people a minimum wage of 3000 € Net for those with low wages... answer back from the Swiss people... No thank you...

Swiss voters have overwhelmingly rejected a proposal to introduce what would have been the highest minimum wage in the world in a referendum.

Under the plan, employers would have had to pay workers a minimum 22 Swiss francs (about $25; £15; 18 euros) an hour.

Supporters said the move was necessary for people to live a decent life.

More here : www.bbc.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26/5/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

it easier to control 1 government than 100 and the more powerful a government is the more it can oppress its people the awnser isn't 1 world government.
edit on 2652014 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: Rodinus

Not the end of Europe but perhaps the EU. We can only hope. About time the elitist globalist were taken down a peg or three. With the EU theft of sovereignty and control of individual European countries it was only a matter of time before the people pushed back.

I sincerely hope the US can take a page from the UKIP and other European nationalist parties and take back our country from the transnational corporations and globalist NWO worshipers.

Yes we in the USA are getting ready more and more each day.
The next blow to NWO is the Bundy family lawsuit for full State's Rights restored and the US Constitution restored in-full...with a legal dream team working 24/7 (pro bono).

"For the people" - Cliven Bundy

The Indian election results are directly related to this massive tide building "for the people" to make their move...it's happening real fast.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I haven't posted here in months but I have to wonder why people see this as positive. Ultimately it is positive for sovereign nations to rule themselves but this is part of a larger scripted agenda. World government can only be seen as an option once the old world is seen as a failure and the cause of these problems. Right now scripted conflicts are emerging as a result of forced globalization and as people pull back and try to regain control this will be the fuse for a 3rd world war. Only after we are drug through that devastation will we beg for a global government to save us from the nationalist ills that "lead" us there.

Political figures like Obama are just there as a rallying point to cause this turmoil. Only after his ultra leftist policies will people be ready to accept an ultra right leaning govt which will usher us into further global conflict. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

I just want to add that the NWO presented to us now is nothing more than a sacrifice. They will sacrifice that system and blame that system on the failures of nationalism/capitalism and then usher in the real NWO as the messianic solution to everyone's problems.
edit on 26-5-2014 by NihilistSanta because: addendum

edit on 26-5-2014 by NihilistSanta because: addendum

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I hope the EU collapses. Its not a real Union based on similar beliefs, its a financial union that has all but destroyed the middle class in Europe.

Every nation is different. I liked the idea of everyone celebrating their culture and history and less so of everyone becoming this blob of sameness.

Also, besides a continental lottery and increased debt generating credit, what has it done?

Oh yeah, destroy local economies in favor of large monopolies and create more bureaucracy with endless government spending.....GREAT!

End this crap. The EU is a farce. All member nations were stronger before it (except Germany and France).....they seem to be profiting off everyones misery. Intentionally or not that is the reality.

edit on 5 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I hope the EU collapses. Its not a real Union based on similar beliefs, its a financial union that has all but destroyed the middle class in Europe.

And don't forget the poor and working class mate?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yeah,

They have never been so unemployed. Looks like that promised job security from less internal competition hasnt worked out has it. Bank deregulation isnt our friend either unless we are rich enough to have our money make more money.

edit on 5 26 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yeah,

They have never been so unemployed. Looks like that promised job security from less internal competition hasnt worked out has it. Bank deregulation isnt our friend either unless we are rich enough to have our money make money.

Less internal competition...

In a way I have to disagree... they kept "part" their promise... considering that all the bloody big corporates and their fat cat shareholders have just about delocalised everything from Europe to foreign countries where the workforce is cheaper and where workers equally don't ask questions...

Bastards... (And I don't normally swear...)

*sighs*

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 26/5/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm not surprised by these results as it was bound to happen. People aren't happy with all this 'Immigration' that has gone on for the last 20 years or so. English language is in decline and not being able to display 'flags' on cars and shops has got to the British. Being ruled by 'Brussels' in the Courts hasn't helped either! People like 'Hamza' were and are still allowed to get away with shouting their mouths and we have let the enemy live here and shout their mouths, unable to evict them.

So, yes it was bound to happen.

I don't know what will happen at the GE next year but I fear 'Labour' will most likely gain power again because UKIP are taking 'Conservative' seats and we really do not want 'Labour' back in control as nothing will change then for sure..

As for France, well... we have read a lot about what has happened in parts of their Country with the 'Immigration' thing and 'Muslims' taking over, so i'm not surprised the people want their Country back.

As for myself, well, I like diversity but only upto a certain point.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The free movement of labour is my main problem with the EU.
Eastern Europeans living 15 to a house, working for less than minimum wage and sending the cash back to buy property in their home nations is no good for the UK. I can't blame them to be honest, if Poland say was a richer nation (higher wages than UK) and I could speak Polish I'd probably do the same and rinse their economy as well, but speaking as a Brit I would prefer immigration rules as expected in Australia, you can't just move there as an unskilled worker, you must be offfering something their country needs.

Yep, I hope the results this weekend bring us closer to a referendum on in/out for the EU, I would vote out.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No, it is not the end. Every fool in politics, even the most radical, knows that France (for instance) lives off European subsidies for agriculture. The same for key industries in other countries.
However, there is a difference between Europe, EU, EC and EMU. It is complicated, but basically it all boils down to this:

- 'Brussels' will have less to say on how to balance the budget of countries that do not ask for financial aid (like Greece)
- 'Brussels' will stay make sure we have a functional trade zone, subsidies system, all the bull# you don't want to copy 50 times for 50 member states.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately no, this will not be the the end of Europe.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't put too much credence into the UK results. Turnout was abysmally low - not even 40%.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
For us ignorant westerners in places like America (like me) please explain how and why this is the beginning of the end for Europe? The end of Europe? If Europe is gone, then what does it become? Who takes over? Muslims? Russia? Who? Why and how? I'm not trying to be a thread basher cause I find this interesting. (flagged) Just want to know more details. Thanks!

He's referring to the concept of a "united Europe." ala the European Union..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join