It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bryan Singer's Apt Pupil - "The Group" in Hollywood: Nazism, Sex Abuse and Blackmail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Days of Future Past

As many of you are already aware, a recent scandal has erupted in Hollywood coming from an alleged victim of sex abuse at the hands of an elite group of directors and producers referred to as "The Group". The person named as being one of the main perpetrators of sexual abuse is Bryan Singer, who has directed many popular movies including the epic X-Men series. It is true that the allegations came out specifically when the most recent X-Men movie was released, which does cast doubt on the motivation of the so-called victim. The man who has filed a lawsuit against Singer is named Michael Egan and was 17 years of age in 1999 when the alleged abuse took place. A recurring theme in the lawsuit is the use of drugs and alcohol to coerce the boy into performing sex, as well as threats against the boy's career if he ever spoke up about what was happening. One could argue that the boy was very close to legal age at the time and has been silent for 15 years and could just be after a large amount of cash...

Nevertheless, this does bring up several interesting things when looking into Bryan Singer's specific Hollywood output. Immediately worth considering and dissecting is his 1997 movie starring Brad Renfro and Ian McKellen called 'Apt Pupil'. This is a very controversial movie in and of itself, let alone the fact that a sex abuse scandal popped up during production of the film that involved teenage boy extras complaining about sexual interference from Bryan Singer when they were auditioned for a nude shower scene. The story itself is about a curious teenage boy, insinuated to be gay in the movie, who is obsessed with Nazi history and discovers the whereabouts of a legendary Nazi who fled Germany and was hiding under a fake name in the boy's hometown. Brad Renfro plays the part of the boy and Ian McKellen plays the old Nazi. The boy does an impressive amount of detective work to figure out the Nazi's identity and tracks him down and literally blackmails him with DNA evidence and other information obtained. The deal was he would go to authorities and rat out the Nazi if the old man did not agree to teach the boy everything that went on in the concentration camps. A macabre and disturbing series of extracurricular activities results. Throughout the story the theme of blackmail for purposes of power and control comes up again and again.

It is worth noting that Brad Renfro ended up spiraling out of control with alcohol and substance abuse issues in the early 2000s and died at the age of 25 of a heroin overdose.

I have not seen the X-Men series yet, but people have brought up subtle and not-so-subtle Nazi elements embedded into the movie. This brings up the infamous "Hollywood Illuminati" conspiracy (which I used to detest) of putting subliminal messages, propaganda and certain spins on specific non-fiction and historic situations and scenarios into movies. This has probably been done for many decades and can be seen in old movies like the James Bond series. When it comes to information about UFOs and other paranormal phenomena, there is a Hollywood group called 'Project Awareness' that includes Steven Spielberg for releasing specific information in movies. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. and the Transformers movies all include historic situations of covert operations that could be based on real life.

But a darker group in Hollywood, which appears to have been singled out specifically by Michael Egan's lawsuit which names "The Group" and Bryan Singer, does point to some of the more sinister films having ulterior motives and subliminal messages as well. It is also worth noting that Bryan Singer had originally planned on directing the movie 'Prisoners'. This movie is replete with child abduction, mind-control and Satanism references. The main plot involves a Satanic woman who uses mind control on abducted children for the purposes of causing the family members of the children to lose hope in God. One of the abductees and victims in the movie is named 'Alex Jones'.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I don't buy into the symbology stuff. It makes no sense for a secret society to advertise. Add that with the human tendency for pattern recognition and it's way more likely were seeing ghosts.

I'm not saying singer is guilty or innocent. Just that looking for hints of his guilt hidden in his movies is pretty blatantly stupid.... Or at least if he put clues to his crimes in his movies he's retarded.

I tend to go with the logical explication being the right one more then not. I don't see anything logical about "symbology" theory. If a secret group is smart enough to run the world. There smart enough not to advertise the group they want to keep secret. Now subliminal messages to make us buy stuff we don't need makes since. Secretly advertising your nazi belief system in Jewish run Hollywood is just silly.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

I am not referring to secret society symbology. But the movie Apt Pupil in contrast to the recent sex scandal of Bryan Singer is very telling. Like I mentioned, there was a sex scandal on the set of the movie itself. The movie includes a scene of the teenage boy character blackmailing his guidance counselor to keep shut about his relationship with the old Nazi by saying he would tell authorities the counselor was a pedophile and had molested the boy. The boy specifically stated those allegations would ruin the man's career and "would never go away - not for you". He also added that "you don't know what I can do".

Power and control. If you look into this subject more you will realize that sometimes people do drop things in movies to dangle their power and control over the masses. This isn't the same as secret society symbology. You are confusing your conspiracies...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yea but did Brian singer write apt pupil? Or direct it? It's not telling if that was the plot of the movie long before he signed on. What I've heard about the apt pupil scandal seemed very thin. The only complaint is he asked minors to do a showr scene naked right? Well that would also be the most realistic way to shoot it.

So your assuming that he predicted the sex orgies he was going to allegedly have?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I'm saying that he is a corrupt homosexual pedophile that interacts with writers and other producers who are into Nazism and have an inner group that is into drugs, sex and blackmail - just as was alleged by the victim Michael Egan. The things that happened to Egan closely parallel certain themes that came up in the movie. If you haven't watched it and are not familiar, please do not comment with authority. I prefer interactions with people who are more astute...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think "Apt Pupil" is one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I own it, but doubt I'll ever watch it again. It was one of those I can't quite describe as bad, because the acting was very good. TOO good perhaps, and that's what it was?

There was also the psycho sick nature of the characters (not necessarily them as people but what they played in that). Enjoyable would never be the word for that movie, I'd say.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Surprisingly I was able to handle it better than I thought I would. Even the scene when the old Nazi sticks the beloved kitty cat in the oven. But then again I am German and obsessed with learning about dark secrets. Prisoners was actually a lot harder to watch and can definitely be described as disturbing.

I think disturbing people might be the actual intent with some of those directors and writers - as opposed to "entertainment".

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think you are right on intent and some movies have been powerful without making the skin crawl like that one did.

I don't know quite what the mix was that hit me so off with it. Thinking on it, it's not like I haven't seen any given part of that movie and much worse elsewhere. Still, they managed to get a real special mix of creepy.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I am pretty sure I know what the mix of creepy was:

It was directed by that guy!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I believe Apt Pupil was in fact a Stephen King short story. It wasn't Singer who came up with it, so what does that make Stephen King?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You mean you pefer people who buy into anything you sell them with little or no proof....

I'm no saying he isn't a child molester... I'm saying the thought that he's been hiding clues to his crimes in his movies.... Before he commuted said crimes. Isn't logical.

Yes, I've seen apt pupil. It's been years but I've seen it. I don't remember the kid in that being gay tho. Or is that one of those hidden clues lol.
edit on 26-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

According to the OP it means him and singer secretly planned out his writing of the short story to leave clues for the sex ring they would start 15 years later..... Maybe there time travelers!!!!!!! Hehe

Once again I'm not saying singer isn't a cho mo. I don't know him. Just that looking for symbolism to solve crimes isn't well thought out.

P.s. Talking about Steven king. Anyone remember the preteen gangbang scene in the book IT? It's the reason I stopped reading Steven king books. Even in high school I thought tot was sick to have a preteen gangbang scene that was a good thing in the storyline.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He looks very demonic.

These stories have been coming out of Hollyweird for a long time. The two Coreys(Corey Haim & Corey Feldman) claimed the same things. So is Hollyweird a bunch of satan-worshipping little boy molestors bent on coc aine, meth and heroine? It certainly looks that way. Didn't someone make the same claims against Steven Spielberg recently?

Anyway, Illuminati symbolism is prevalent in movies and TV. Why would a secret society advertise, some ask? Arrogance. Maybe even stupidity. Maybe they think they are so great in numbers that it won't matter? I was watching Married With Children a while back and saw symbology on the basement wall of the Bundys house. It's everywhere.

In BF4(video game) there are many examples of it. The all-seeing eye and other subtle hints.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Yea it's definatly a group smart enough to secretly run the world from behind the scenes that's stupid enough to advertise there SECRET organization....that's WAY more logical then that human pattern recognition makes us see patterns when there arnt patterns.....I mean it's not like we inherently see shapes in clouds or anything....

I think "illuminati" theory muddies the water and has us looking for the head of the snake that doesn't really exist. We ignore the people who are actually destroying us because there not the REAL problem. It's the devil run illuminati!

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Apt pupil was in fact a Stephen King novelette. It was disturbing in the fact that he writes. He is a weird dude. Bryan Singer is guilty. I won't watch any of his movies anymore.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

I am not saying he's innocent. I personally put it on a coin flip. There's just as much a chance that the accuser is after money as there is the accused is a pervert.

However he sure makes a mean x-men movie. Days of future past was hands down the best x-men movie and on par with avengers and winter soldier. If he's been molesting kids he should burn. Good movies or not. Just saying tho.

Hehe. Makes me wonder tho how many people on here will claim their sure he did it and preach the gospel of singer the pervert.......while going to the theater and seeing Days of Future past like 3 times.... :p

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hm interesting, so making a thread about current events and a movie on ATS is selling something? When I say I prefer interactions with people more astute, it means I prefer interacting with people who can write properly and follow a chain of thought without getting derailed and confused over and over again. It's okay though, I can try to be patient with you.

All I have done with this post is point out the sexual abuse allegations from Michael Egan, who specifically refers to being drugged and blackmailed by Singer, and showed how some of Singer's own movies showcase darkness and corruption and starred a Hollywood actor who became a drug addict and died of a heroin overdose at age 25. If you don't think Brad Renfro had similar stories to tell as Michael Egan then you are just missing my point. And that's fine - this is not a courtroom and I am not that eager to prove any point. I just found it a suggestive connection.

And yes, the teenage boy in the movie was insinuated as being gay specifically during an oral sex scene with a girl. He was not able to get off and the girl laughed and said "Maybe you don't like girls" and the boy looked embarrassed and down to his left. Call it a clue, it doesn't really matter in the end.

I thought it was a good movie in many ways and I do realize it was based on a horror novel by Stephen King. I'm not really selling anything here!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kram09
A book and a movie are two different things. Even (especially?) when the movie is based on the book. Entire scenes are often made up and added or details are changed. I'm sure it was a creepy "book" and that is why it was chosen, but a director has absolute power over the movie. The feel of it is to His specifications. Just ask Mario Puzo (is he still alive?) about his book The Godfather and how enraged he was at what Hollywood did to his masterpiece.

In fact if you were informed at all even the slightest in such matters of the film industry, you'd be well aware that THE most common thing about book adaptations is writers griping about how much they changed the entire feel and everything about the book.

I'm not trying to insult you, just stating the facts as I know them. I have not done a close comparison of the two works and it may very well be that the story written by Stephen King does indeed share the same themes as those mentioned by the op appearing in the film directed by Singer.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

On this one, it's worth remembering Stephen King as a specific author is picky to the point of demanding on how adaptations come out. I understand this one wasn't too far off, although there is a site with the specifics. To those who saw the movie, the names and scenes should all be familiar enough.

What's the Difference between Apt Pupil the Book and Apt Pupil the Movie?

Now take a movie like Needful Things? The name was about the only thing it had in common for how badly butchered and cut up the film was vs. the book. Tommyknockers was pretty close, I'd thought, as a contrast.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The all seeing eye isn't a "shape in a cloud". It's a man-made symbol that the illuminati cult use in movies, TV, video games, etc.. Same as the initiation of displaying hand signals in public photos. There are many different level members who work in many different industries, -so why would it be surprising that they help one another? The KKK did the same things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join