It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unmasking the Enemy' - a rare book?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hey ATS, I'm curious if anyone has managed to read Unmasking the Enemy: Visions Around the World and Global Deception in the End Times, Nelson S. Pacheco & Tommy R. Blann, Bendan Press, Inc., 1993.

There is very little available online, this is about the only stuff I could dig up on it. The book price is well above my means as a student unfortunately. Nick Redfern touched on it briefly in his Final Events, but thats about the only recent sourcing I know of.

So does anyone know anymore? This seems to tie in with the Collins Elite stuff, so naturally my interest is piqued.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9
Read a bit of the work in question.....seems to blame UFOs on the Devil......
I have to reject that theory as too simplistic....just more reaching .........
What they are remains a mystery to me.....thanks anyways

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Meh, it's always "the end times". In my opinion people gain comfort from it. It makes people feel less like an insignificant creature on a microscopic speck of dirt in an irrelevant solar system on the outer edge of a galaxy in a vast universe among an infinite multiverse to think some malevolent force is trying to corrupt them in some ethereal battle between imaginary foes.

Makes total sense.
edit on 26-5-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1ofthe9
Hey ATS, I'm curious if anyone has managed to read Unmasking the Enemy: Visions Around the World and Global Deception in the End Times, Nelson S. Pacheco & Tommy R. Blann, Bendan Press, Inc., 1993.

I haven't read this book. (I've got several like it and, well, have no great desire for more of them).

Anyway, here are a couple of options for anyone wanting to read this book:

Option 1

Buy the book from Ebay at a cost of a mere US$500 (gulp...):
www.ebay.com...

Option 2

Contact one of the authors and see if they are prepared to have a searchable PDF version of their book uploaded to a free file storage website so that it is freely available online. I can probably arrange this scanning and uploading, if the authors agree.

I think that one of the authors is on Linkedin at the webpage below.

www.linkedin.com...

edit on 1-6-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

(The names of the authors aren't very common, so it shouldn't be very hard to Google some contact details for one of them).

edit on 1-6-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Hi
Go to Amazon and have a look there.
Its listed as a used Book for 1.534€ ..,incredible
Thats approx. 2086$

Booklink-Amazon

I also found a new one on Amazon for 38.727.08$
Link

edit on 1/6/14 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thanks Isaac.
I'll see if I can get in contact with the author.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 1ofthe9

Well from the Amazon link above:

Sad that this is not available in a Kindle edition yet. It is still quite topical and the authors could easily transform a pdf version into a mobi file. I finally tracked down a print copy that was falling apart and still paid $75. Nevertheless, I have no regrets, as this is one of the more complete and wide-ranging Christian approaches to the UFO phenomenon. The perspective is Catholic (which is rather unheard of in ufology circles) and some evangelicals have accused Pacheco of "divinizing" Mary during his coverage of Marian apparitions, but this is not the case. Overall, the authors draw on non-Christian resources (Keel, Vallee) to reveal degrees of high strangeness in ufo events which lead one away from the extraterrestrial hypothesis and toward a multi-dimensional approach which is then interpreted in terms of Christian theology regarding angels and demons and what sort of machinations may be in play thanks to various "powers in principalities." Very worthwhile and an obvious influence on the much less expensive "Exo Vaticana," but minus that book's deep suspicion toward Rome.

So the price might be an inflated rate just to get the authors some extra cash. On the other hand the very large price could also be from Christian Fundamentalists trying to make a buck.

Either way paying 38K for a 437 page Christian ideologist view on UFOs seems like a waste of economic resources that could have been spent on doing your own investigation, or even paying a credible source to conduct an investigation.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ergo I'll have to ask the author.
I'm not about to fork over big money for this.

top topics

join