It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Strategy if Russia invades Ukraine.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: smithjustinb
Since Iran is not part of Russia, invading Iran would have no effect on what Russia was doing in Ukraine.

Bad strategy.

Iran and Russia are allies. I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the reason we never went into Iran in the first place was because of Russia.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

The best bet if you want to destabilize Russia would be to covertly supply arms especially man launched ground to air missiles to take down their air power as well as tons of anti tank rockets.

Is this even possible though? I would think Russian Intelligence would discover us covertly supplying arms.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Expat888
Better idea .. the u.s stay home and mind its own damn business for once rather than murdering more people so the politicians and corporations can earn their bloodmoney..

I wish it were that simple. But with things like, Iran’s Supreme Leader: Jihad Will Continue Until America is No More, I know we need to be doing all we can to stop Iran from making "America no more". That includes making Iran no more.

Being hungry for war is a great way to completely destroy the US. We don't need to get involved in any war that is quite frankly "none of our da.. business." Didn't you learn anything from Vietnam? how about the 10+ years we lingered and killed off our young men in Iran. War solves nothing.

I am only for war if our country is undeniably attacked, I'd even be a little bit wary then, looking for a false flag put up by our "dear leader, o" to make himself a fascist dictator. He's already proven to be a fascist (anybody remember the NSA, the TSA, the IRS) I wouldn't put it past him.

I have been an active duty military child/spouse for over 50 years of my life'; I can tell you that war should be only for self defense, akin to an armed intruder in one's house;
going after Iran now is like killing someone who said they were going to break into your house while pounding on their front door.
going after Russia is just plain suicide for the US, Putin is strong, Obama is weak, I can easily guess how that would turn out for the US. The only reason Obama would do it is if he promised Putin the US would officially become a fascist communist country if Putin would only play "war games" with us, killing only a few hundred thousand of US citizens first.

Go back to playing your war games and remember when "son of hunger games" turned into a sickness, fantasizing strategy for a real war is sick.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
I thought we were shills for Israel? These things are SOOOO confusing...and owned ,by banks.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
going after Russia is just plain suicide for the US, Putin is strong, Obama is weak, I can easily guess how that would turn out for the US.

If Russia invaded Ukraine, that would be like him going after us. We have an obligation to protect the Ukraine. The world was made safer, the nuclear weapons were taken from Ukraine, and they agreed to it provided we would agree to protecting them from foreign invasion. So we owe Ukraine defense in exchange for taking nuclear weapons out of their possession. It seems fair to me.

This is why we are involved now and this is why, if there is further escalation of the activity in Ukraine, there will be further escalation of our involvement. Being that that would be inevitable, what do you think the best strategy would be?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
best stragety for United State:
1. The "PEOPLE of AMERICA",,,Oil belongs to U.S.A at all costs,,JDRockeffeler>>>>>old strategy
thats a lot of pipeline,,

2. We "PEOPLE of AMERICA" are the Change for New World Order,,OBAMA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new strategy
we dont do oil anymore,,its now for philisophical reasons,,remember Syria, GAS, red-line,,

3. What should the American president do as a strategy,,,why nothing,, nothing at all,,,

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

going after Russia is just plain suicide for the US, Putin is strong, Obama is weak, I can easily guess how that would turn out for the US.

If Russia invaded Ukraine, that would be like him going after us. We have an obligation to protect the Ukraine. The world was made safer, the nuclear weapons were taken from Ukraine, and they agreed to it provided we would agree to protecting them from foreign invasion. So we owe Ukraine defense in exchange for taking nuclear weapons out of their possession. It seems fair to me.

This is why we are involved now and this is why, if there is further escalation of the activity in Ukraine, there will be further escalation of our involvement. Being that that would be inevitable, what do you think the best strategy would be?

The only treaty obligation we have to Ukraine is to consult with the Security Council if Ukraine is attaked with or threatened with a nuclear weapon. So we have no reason on paper to be involved however, a conflict in Ukraine effects all of Europe including NATO so that is the basis of out involvement. Of couse outside of NATO and few treaties the US still has nobody has treaties that require military actions in defense of anyone. So paper treaties are no longer needed as a justification for anything.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

The only treaty obligation we have to Ukraine is to consult with the Security Council if Ukraine is attaked with or threatened with a nuclear weapon.

We do have an obligation to do something. The US and Russia were signatories of the Budapest Memorandum so that Ukraine would get rid of their nuclear weapons. When Russia broke the contract, the whole agenda of nuclear disarmament in Ukraine was jeopardized. So it is in our best interests to protect Ukraine so that they still feel they are obligated to be disarmed.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

As was stated earlier, we don't owe Ukraine, they choose to give up their nuclear weapons, they were not forced. We have nothing in writing, no treaty.

We must stay out of it and mind our own business for a change. The US has been at war for over 12 years nonstop. We are so war weary that most americans don't even know we are still at war in Afganistan. Our economy is shot, our President and international joke of a wimp. We have no business sticking our nose in anyone else's business until we clean up our own house.

Obama is making our country into a fascist state similar to what Hitler did only in a lot of ways worse (NSA

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That's the point. Iran wants to destroy America. Better we take the fight to their land than they bring the fight here. If we don't do anything, that will be what happens.

Actually if you look what these leaders are saying ( i mean the real translations) what they are asking for is jihad in defense of their own countries and the interdiction ( meaning to stop others) from intervening in their local affairs. They do not want America to stop existing as a country or as a nation but as a entity that tries to dominate them and the entire world. This is also what the actual translations say about Israel. Admittedly perhaps if i were in their shoes and my country was being attacked with sanctions and terrorist forces from the outside i would not be as cautious with my words as some of these supposed fanatics are. The reason most of them are however pretty cautious is because they have long realised that the US national security state people are intensely dangerous and will do whatever they thought they had to to make sure that US and western corporations could keep exploiting the world and making vast profits off our collective backs.

You really need to get out there in the world and see what is going on in the dozens of countries the US has 'saved' over the last several decades since the cold war.... You will not like what you find and perhaps you would even be so astute as to notice a distinct pattern of things almost always being much worse off for the fast majority of the people.

Stellar

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If Russia invaded Ukraine, that would be like him going after us.

Not it would not be? If Russia invaded Cuba or Canada or Mexico it would be like them going after the US....

We have an obligation to protect the Ukraine.

No such treaty obligation exists outside of whatever the US can make the UN do by threat of force....

The world was made safer, the nuclear weapons were taken from Ukraine, and they agreed to it provided we would agree to protecting them from foreign invasion.

Nuclear weapons were taken by who? What is this treaty called?

So we owe Ukraine defense in exchange for taking nuclear weapons out of their possession. It seems fair to me.

There is very little fair about geopolitics and the only 'deal' that can be said there was is the one the US negotiators agreed with Russia about ( which was illegal anyways as countries should not 'carve up' the world) is that the US would not exploit Russia's reforms and weakness after the end of the cold war to extend NATO and it's general influence eastwards. The US broke this agreement basically from the start and some Russian leaders eventually figured out that they would not stop hence the rise of Putin in Russia. When the money and industry leaders of a country feel that their assets are being threatened they tend to fins someone like Putin who would both protect their assets as well as get the people unified in their own defense.

This is not why the United States security folk is engaged and it's not why they will further escalate to try to bring about conflict with Russia. The US corporate class HATES the notion of European integration ( like the British did before them) so they have always and will continue to do their best to keep Europe divided , and thus easier to exploit, or actively fighting each other so they can stay weak and dependent on the US. This has nothing to do with the security of average Americans ( if anything it risks their safety) and everything to do with the economic security of the American 0.1% ruling elite.

Wake up and start working to secure yourself from the real home grown threat that is imperialism gone mad.

Stellar

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
the heck is this post supposed to be ?

US already put their intelligence assets including their paramilitaries in Ukraine. They use their polish mercenaries as the spear head in ukraine war against eastern ukraine. US already do everything to provoke russia to war.. and this time if the balloon goes up it will be a nuclear war..

look how the russian trying to hold back even when ukrainian russian were killed like that with impunity... where is the cry for human rights when the US supported regime killed civilians ??

this post indicates the lack of understanding by the OP and so many people from USA who dont know and dont follow the history and events in ukraine and even in the whole region, where US uses NATO to encircle russia and in the end provoking Russia toward a conflict..

US is power mad and EU lacks the guts to stop US's rampage.. this will lead to doom to everyone on earth..

i thought the motto of ATS is for everyone to open your mind and never get fooled by your own goverment lies and propaganda, yet we have people who think their US news media is the source of TRUTH and think it US should protect UKRAINE... forgive me for saying this but ARE YOU CRAZY ? america was defeated in iraq and in afghanistan and now want to engage RUSSIA??? this is not backwater middle-eastern dictatorship country.. omg
edit on 10-7-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join