It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad ass lady stabs two dogs to death in attack.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bilk22

Then I feel sorry for you that are just waiting for a dog to attack you so you can kill it, heard that will drive some one crazy if they don't get the chance to act on that want.
I guess ny women are different and don't enjoy rescuing the small dogs that all the girls out here and in ca love to rescue.
Any dog is a potential killer, they are killers by their blood.
Pit bulls are not cheap and easy to get out here, ca is to busy killing them all.
Ny must be different
Yeah ok that's what I want to do on a peaceful walk with my dog - go out and kill another dog. My dog has already been attacked. So it's not something we didn't experience.

There are untold numbers of pit bulls here. We just got back from a walk in the park. One out of three were pits that we encountered. It's nice that these people feel good about themselves rescuing these poor animals. However they have loaded guns walking along side them and in many cases do not even have a clue about that.

The area here has a large gay community. The girls with the pit rescues are gay. Must be a cultural thing. However that doesn't change the fact that they will have little ability to do anything to prevent tragedy.

As I said I'm an animal lover. Have a dog, three cats and a reef tank. I had an aggressive dog. A German Shepherd prior to the guy I have now. I knew well enough that I had a dog that was anti-social with other dogs and didn't allow him to be off leash around other dogs. I tried to train him to interact well, but it didn't work out. Sometimes it doesn't. The idiots here have an ego and no understanding of the issues that can arise due to the actions of their dogs. They feel entitled to walk with their dogs off leash even though those dogs are aggressive and dangerous. People, children and other animals can lose life and limb. That isn't right. So yes I will protect my own and take the life of another dog if it comes to that. If you don't understand, that's your problem.
edit on 99451Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Char-Lee

This is a growing problem and when trained to be mean these dogs are really scary.

Any dog trained to be mean will be really scary!!
So lets just kill the pit bulls cause they are the trendy dogs for drug dealers to get.
Seems fair, lets punish the dog that can't help who adopts or buys them, and the whole entire breed at that, cause everyone that owns a pit bull is a drug dealer, not a small percentage

Pit bul breeds are and never were bred for anything but fighting. They were not bred for working or for show. They were bred to fight and it's part of the breed. I'm sure with all your knowledge of dogs, you already knew that. Lions and tigers have natural instincts to hunt and kill. That's why they're not allowed on the end of a leash in public. Same should go for the pit bull breeds.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

With out getting to far into evolution, seems you could say all dogs have the need to kill in them. All dogs have always been used for some sort of protection which would involve killing what was threatening them or owner.
Pit bulls were unfortunately the best at the fighting but we're not breed for it. They were breed as nanny dogs and any dog that showed any aggression to humans was eliminated from breeding. There is a link a page or so back if you need to check it out.

Any dog can be trained to be a killer, they are all predisposed to it.
Again, should we just kill all of the pits cause they have a bad history?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

With out getting to far into evolution, seems you could say all dogs have the need to kill in them. All dogs have always been used for some sort of protection which would involve killing what was threatening them or owner.
Pit bulls were unfortunately the best at the fighting but we're not breed for it. They were breed as nanny dogs and any dog that showed any aggression to humans was eliminated from breeding. There is a link a page or so back if you need to check it out.

Any dog can be trained to be a killer, they are all predisposed to it.
So you get your information from the ASPCA web site? Really? Maybe you should get better info. Even wiki has better and more specific info.

Yes many dog breeds can be vicious and some are powerful enough to kill an adult. The preponderance of evidence against pit bull breeds is pretty overwhelming that they are responsible for a much greater share in numbers and proportional to their numbers in the dog population. Look at the wiki article on pit bull breeds and the links used as reference and argue with them. You can also search the issue on the net and see it is a real problem in urban environments. I'll look to see if there are numbers on attacks by pit bull breeds on other dogs, which was not addressed in the wiki article.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well that is the way it goes. Stupid people should not be allowed to own dogs if they can't control them. I think it's great that she killed the dogs and prevented them from killing someone or the other dog. A toddler was just mauled and killed this week and people stood there on the phone with the police while they attacked this helpless child. Another reason why everyone that chooses to be armed, should be. The police finally showed up and shot both dogs. The child had it's face ripped off. If I was the child's parent, I probably would have shot and killed the owner. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yep, They have mauled and killed more human beings within the last 20 years than any other breed, eradicate every single one of them. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

That all goes back to the training tho...
The breed itself is just as violent as any other breed, any of them can be trained aggressive.
So do we need to kill the owners, or the dogs?
Flame away at this, but mine has had plenty of encounters with strangers and has done nothing more then lick them too much.
Knocked doors and encountered COUNTLESS pit bulls and was never bit by one.

Pit bulls get the short end of the stick too when it comes to the reported attacks IMO.
Please post your claim that pit bulls have mauled and killed more human beings in the last 20 years please, would love to see where it comes from

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That all goes back to the training tho...

What goes back to training, that you people can't comprehend that stupid people refuse to train their pit bulls, or any other breed? That is great if you trained yours, good for you.

breed itself is just as violent as any other breed

Wrong, They are much more violent, and their pack mentality makes them a very unpredictable breed.

any of them can be trained aggressive.

Of course any dog can, but the characteristics of a certain breed is the discussion, not that if dogs in General can be trained to be mean.

So do we need to kill the owners, or the dogs?

Well, We don't need to kill anyone, but It would not surprise me if a pit bull owner got killed by the parent of a mauling victim, that was the point.

I think Pit bull ownership should be outlawed unless you obtain a special permit for ownership that includes procedures and guidelines to be met like training the dog, safety classes ect.

The goal is to weed out the irresponsible thug minded idiots who think it's cool to own a pit bull, from the responsible owners.

Flame away at this, but mine has had plenty of encounters with strangers and has done nothing more then lick them too much.

I don't need to flame anything, this isn't about you and YOUR dog.

Knocked doors and encountered COUNTLESS pit bulls and was never bit by one.

Consider yourself lucky then.

Pit bulls get the short end of the stick too when it comes to the reported attacks IMO.

It's more like they are the ones doing the killing. Lately without a doubt.

Please post your claim that pit bulls have mauled and killed more human beings in the last 20 years please, would love to see where it comes from

Search it yourself, pretty sure the 10 year statistics were already posted within this thread.I am on my iPhone, I have no interest in copying and pasting various links. Maybe later when I am on my PC if I feel like it.

I will say that I found that in the 90's, Rottweilers beat out Pit Bulls in mauling fatalities, so I stand corrected concerning 20 years, but not the last 10 where it's become cool for every dumb founded dip # to own a Pit Bull.

At the end of the day, It's stupid people who are the root of the problem. Mix that with a violent unpredictable wretched breed of a dog, what you end up with is people losing their lives. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Wrong, They are much more violent, and their pack mentality makes them a very unpredictable breed.

All dogs have the pack mentality that can make them unpredictable... that was what i was getting at as well.
And if you want to talk about characteristics then look up how pits were used as nanny dogs back in the day.
And were breed away from any sort of human aggression.
Yes they were used for fighting back in the day, but only cause they are tough as nails and have the locking jaw, they were simply the best at it when it. Not their fault, and again if any of those dogs showed aggression to a human they were out of the breeding pool, usually killed.
This was quite funny as it was the top search when I searched for aggressive dogs
www.ehow.com...
I bet that list will surprise you
www.omgtoplists.com...
Here is another one that has 10 other dogs, yes they have pit # 1 but they also show a picture of the bully pit which is not very common. And the info on the page describing them is pretty heavy.
dangerousdogs.net...
Another one that shows the worst possible picture they can find of the pit bull.
Those are not your everyday pit, the ones they are showing are from people that are training it to fight IMO and that is not very honest.
But just like every dog on the list, it all boils down to training.

I am on the fence about getting licenses, but I would rather see that then have all the dogs get killed.
Reminds me of a "final solution"

At the end of the day, It's stupid people who are the root of the problem.

Agreed, and the pups should not have to pay for their mistakes.

Also, if you want this to continue, I do not want to get into a snipping match, and that is where i see this going based on your above post. Yes I snipped 2 things from your post, but if you respond with snipping every other sentence I will not respond

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The snipping is so I can adrress certain comments or questions that you had, not to be rude, though I do understand it coming across that way.

You have been respectful, we are having a discussion, not an arguement. We just disagree on a solution.

You keep talking about training, but continue to ignore the fact that not everyone trains their dogs. Drug dealers and gang members desire their dogs to be violent.

I am aware of the nanny arguement, well we know that today they are bred to fight, or to be some wanna be thug's bodyguard in most cases.

So those facts put them above the rest of the dogs in regards to being a danger to society. Before Pits, it was cool to own a Rotweiler or a Doberman.

It's Pit Bulls who are mauling people the most today. Can you explain the problem you have with my permit suggestion? ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I know not every one trains their dogs, and that is also why I say that it could be any dog that can become vicious and aggressive. I refute the claim that the pit is more likely to be that way tho, as I have met just as many harmless ones as I have mean ones.
And met dogs labs that want to take my face off for getting to close to them. It is all relative IMO

You did address it earlier when you said one of the problems is that it is trendy for the sh** bags to get a pit, which seems to be the real problem, again not the dogs fault. But it is just as cool to them to own the rots and dobermans it is just about what they can get. Go to a low income hood where the people you speak of have dogs, not all of them will be pits. I have knocked the doors doing door to door sales, seen it with my own eyes. They will take what every large scarey dog they can find. I would say the rot is still in high demand just for its sheer size.
As well as the chow, lots of people have chows and those are some pretty gnarly dogs as well. They were trained/bred to fight bears.

And I don't think that most people that have them today train them to fight, I would say that is a small percentage.
Cause that is a great way to loose your dog that you want as protection.

As far as a permit/license, I just see that as a freedom being taken away from me. So I guess it is a whole other issue.
But I would agree to it if the only other option was to kill the breed off completely.

Oh and I would also add that any one that gets a dog form the list's above, is getting it for the added aspect of protection/intimidation. It is not just gang bangers and drug dealers that want their dog to protect them, that is almost every one that gets a dog.
Yes the bad ones will train them to more aggressive possibly, but why do we have to blame the breed for what the sins of their fathers did?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I understand the freedom thing, but getting a permit would seperate the law abiding citizens from the idiots. They could require that the dog be trained or face fines and liability.

This is about saving innocent lives, and to accomplish that, society sometimes needs to cause some minor inconveniences.

Your own link showed the Pit Bull as the #1 most dangerous dog. Well, because of the risks that the breed poses to the public, special conditions should be required to own one.

Personally, I think it's a good start to solving the problem. ~$heopleNation

edit on 8-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am not disputing that there are a number of people think that they are the #1 most dangerous dog but I think that is also the trendy thing to do as well.
But if we get rid of them, #2 becomes #1, do we now have to get rid of that breed too? Where does it stop? Dogs, like people can be dangerous. I agree if they attack a person then you have you put them down. But hate to see it glorified like it was so much in this thread.
OP was damn near sexual aroused that this happened to a pit bulls.

Also on those list they show the worst possible type, the bully pit which is not what a majority of people have. Those are generally the ones that are used for fighting so I think it is wrong to use them to stero type the rest of the pit bulls.
I do see your point in using the license to seseparate the good from bad but since when does more laws stop the outlaws?
It would just make it harder for the people that want to do it the right way and those that don't care about it will still get the dogs.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I do see your point in using the license to seseparate the good from bad but since when does more laws stop the outlaws?
It would just make it harder for the people that want to do it the right way and those that don't care about it will still get the dogs.

Well I agree with that point, when concerning firearms, but this is entirely different because it's something alive that can act on it's own.

Plus, over time breeders and private owners would comply for fear of heavy fines or losing their license. Of course we can never get rid of the dogs that are sold on the black market, much like the same with narcotics.

Doesn't mean Pit Bulls should be sold to just anyone in a pet store front window with a bow stuck on it's head either though.

If permits are required, than law enforcement has the opportunity to ask to see it while Pit Bull owners bring their dogs out into the public.

I know , I know, but that is another discussion, don't want to get into the rights when dealing with cops stuff.

You have made some good arguments though. I just don't want to see anymore people mauled to death. This last child that had her face ripped off and later died, just disturbed me a lot.

To be quite honest, I am a hard core constitutionalist, so the last thing that I truly want is more Government sticking their big noses into our business. I just thought about my own kid after reading about this most recent Pit Bull attack. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I agree, I read about that story and just prayed that it wasn't a pit that did it and of course it was. Correct if I am wrong but one dog was a mastiff though right?
Not to take away from the fact a pit was involved, but any dog can get caught in the pack mentality.
You bring up very fair concerns, well out side of the final solution but I understand why you would come to that.
Especially with the story you mention.
The permits could help cut down on the badly trained dogs but I also think that leaves to many without homes that end up dieing cause of lack of room.
And maybe I just have to many good personal experience to be able to see the negative that is there.
But it is also hard for me to disregard those experiences.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join