It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Check 2014: Coming to a highway near you in June

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
This is what I mean by random searches:

A series of traffic cones are placed in a roadway to channel vehicles toward points where officers are standing and observing the traffic. Some vehicles are waved through, and others for whatever reason are stopped. I have been waved to a stop twice. Both times I was then asked for driver's license, proof of insurance, and asked the purpose of my travel. The officers then walked around my vehicle looking at it. I assumed they were checking for violations of some type.

Both times they found nothing and I was told to go on my way.

Since I am unaware of how they could possibly have determined who was going to be driving the road that day, and that I was told it was a "safety" check, I would call this a random search. Feel free to use what ever term you like.

They were doing the inspections of commercial vehicles about a quarter mile further up the road and to the sides.

ETA: I haven't been stopped for "safety" checks the last time or two I have had the pleasure of traveling the wrong road at the wrong time. The only difference I can think of is I now use veteran license plates. hmmm Cheaper and they save me 20 minutes a year. Go Navy!

There was thread about this not to long ago.... I can tell you in California they have checkpoints as they claim looking for drunk drivers, but I can tell you they want to see your papers and never is there a sobriety test. Been through enough of them to know, and in the Temecula area ICE makes random stops and searches at all hours of the day and night. They say they are checking for illegals, but that is BS as well, if you want those go to any ranch in the area after 8:00am and thats where they work, and bring a truck. But they know that as well, my son in law worked for the company that installed the camera systems at border control checkpoints, guess who they use for landscape maintenance? You guessed it illegals!

Anymore it is getting that you need a constitutional lawyer to go anywhere anymore.

<< 1  2   >>

join