It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a literal war on women in the USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

I know. I just got off on a little rant there. I apologize for that.

It just seems to me that every election cycle we get fed a heaping dose of "vote for us because the other guys are worse." But nothing changes, least of all the important things. Neither side ever runs on "Look what we've done! And here's exactly what we're going to do. NO LIE!"

Roe v. Wade and the Civil Rights Act have less chance of being overturned than the Patriot Act or the NDAA. It's all just talking points given to us by the MSM to distract us from the real issues we should be talking about.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

But WHY do people kill their spouses? Do most of the women who kill their husbands do so because they've been abused for many years and cannot escape? Self-defense?

I think even more data is needed. I know women kill their spouses, but I think a lot of it is for the above reason.

I do think there is a "war" on women in this country, but it's mostly driven by religion, as it is in other countries.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yes, it's a war and like all wars, based on fear and prejudice.

reason.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
IMO (**Opinion**) there's been a war going on across the whole world for some time now against anything/anyone/anywhere that doesn't want to go backwards in time to the dark ages/wild west lol.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

edit on 25-5-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chongun
a reply to: Bilk22

That's an absurd comment, do not generalize. on the contrary most treat them with great respect, Wife, Mother or Sister.

Media only shows the small portion of the truth for the benefit of something,

Like the lie of WMD in IRAQ, they started a WAR

Killed innocent people, with no proof of WMD based on speculation, lack of proof, sums it to bad intentions.

Like 911 they blamed Muslims, Media lies lies and lies till you believe.

Not even the anchor knows what he is saying or why.
OK so walking a few steps behind, covered from head to toe is just fine. So is stoning them to death for infidelity or rape. Got it. How about commenting on the OP?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

But WHY do people kill their spouses? Do most of the women who kill their husbands do so because they've been abused for many years and cannot escape? Self-defense?

I was waiting for the self-defense excuse to rear its stupid head.

Self-defense is not murder. We're talking about murder.

Are you saying that nearly 40% of spousal homicide is justifiable?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think...there is NOT a war on women, literally and there is not a coordinated effort to subjugate them but there is an institutional movement to keep them in their place.

Generally this is done with the three Abrahamic religions with billions of participants and with smaller subsets of our culture.

Christian's quote the old testament all the time and Paul all the time who was well known to think men were superior to women. His many letters prove this. It's bad in Christianity and even worse in the Jewish and Muslim cultures. Conservative and Republican, I'm seeing, are more and more just code words for Christians.

Thank god we have feminists groups like Pussy Riot and Femen s.p. and more.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think there is a "War on Women" being waged by the U.S. Department of Education.

That outfit actually has Women giving up minor children to a totalitarian and authoritarian agenda.

Then the "students" give up their wholeness as they go into deep debt as adults.

And it's more widespread as many other governments do it too.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I was waiting for the self-defense excuse to rear its stupid head.

Well, that's a discussion-killing thing to say. I'm not taking the bait, however.

Self-defense is not murder. We're talking about murder.

Your source talks about women who are CHARGED with murder (defendants). And he also uses "kill" and "murder" as though they are interchangeable:

But for all spousal murders, women accounted for more than 40 percent of defendants. And "among black marital partners, wives were just about as likely to kill their husbands as husbands were to kill their wives." Not surprisingly, when it comes to parents who kill their children, mothers kill more often than fathers.

Maybe there's a reason that women are more often acquitted, serve lighter sentences and get probation more often. We don't know.

Wives who kill their husbands were acquitted in 12.9 percent of the cases studied, while husbands who kill their wives were acquitted in only 1.4 percent of the cases.

Are you saying that nearly 40% of spousal homicide is justifiable?

Did I say that? No. I did not. I asked a couple questions because I feel the data in your source is incomplete. One thing I agree with, however is the following:

The problems of spousal abuse and violence are far too serious to be turned into divisive "we versus them" political or gender issues.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The idea that there is a war on women is sensationalist at best. A war on women implies a gender war, when all we see is a war between two spouses. A war between spouses does not a gender war make. I could pose a statistic of how many women were not killed by their husbands to refute their argument.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I know. I just got off on a little rant there. I apologize for that.

It just seems to me that every election cycle we get fed a heaping dose of "vote for us because the other guys are worse." But nothing changes, least of all the important things. Neither side ever runs on "Look what we've done! And here's exactly what we're going to do. NO LIE!"

Roe v. Wade and the Civil Rights Act have less chance of being overturned than the Patriot Act or the NDAA. It's all just talking points given to us by the MSM to distract us from the real issues we should be talking about.

Then maybe women should think about voting more women into power...because we are women first.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That is still an exceptionally small number when you consider the population of the United States, or just the female population. I think trends come and go in data like that, and certain crime rates might rise or fall over the years, yet there very well may not be an underlying reason. It might just be coincidence. And there are other things to take into account as well, because the reasons for attacks could be different, etc...There very well might be something there, but I am not seeing it myself. But if you think it is something you would like to look in to, then go for it.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
i argued with myself on whether to post in this thread or not, for about 10 minutes. after a re-reading i decided that maybe this was as good a time as any to share what i've learned.

yes there's a problem. it's been a problem since there were male and female homo sapiens. it is not exclusive to the usa, not even remotely. however, we are one of the few countries in the world who have not had a female president or the equivalent of a female president. i find this very odd and distressing. even pakistan has had a female leader, for cripes sake. in the old testament, israel had a female leader named deborah, who did a darn good job too. egypt had cleopatra. england had elizabeth and victoria. modern israel had golda meir, and look the world did not fall apart.

on the subject of violence against women, yeah there's a problem, however, it's been a problem since there were male and female homo sapiens. it's definitely not exclusive to the usa, not.even.remotely.

is it being fueled by political infighting, yes, in the political arena it definitely is. is the political arena responsible for violence against women -- not directly, no.

is it being fueled by religion, yep, but not just abrahamic religions. in fact, religion seems like the vehicle that is used to curtail the growth of human populations by targeting females for some of the most horrendous and unfair laws known to humankind, such as blaming women for having bodies that men are attracted to, accusing women of being incapable of telling the truth, accusing women of being weak spiritually, enforcing dowry systems on the female's family, enforcing an old age social security system in which only male children had value, valuing the male members of society over the female to such a degree that the entire society became male on male pedophiles, and etc.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
GOP 'War on women" is the Dems strategy for 2014 elections .I guess the Repubs are just going to hire another face to get trounced by who ever fights dirtier,again.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
GOP 'War on women" is the Dems strategy for 2014 elections .I guess the Repubs are just going to hire another face to get trounced by who ever fights dirtier,again.

doh, it's not a real election. the whole thing is staged by both sides.
you should know this by now.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Do you think that I thought that little argument was going to win the abortion debate?
Seriously?

I wonder what the statistics are for abortions, what that would look like in the graph?
How about suicides

Maybe its just a war on people

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

yeah it is, but its victims are the female members of the population. in other words, control the population growth rate of the herd by making the herd treat the heifers as inferior . the heifers create more humans. it's worked remarkably well for millenia.

read this. note that it isn't about the usa, specifically, but is an indicator of how we are manipulated as a species/life form, to view members of our population so much differently that it results in things mentioned in the following link
www.gendercide.org...

edit on 25-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I am not so sure. I was talking to my grandmother about women's rights in the salary area. She swore up and down that pay was transparent, and everyone was paid the same. No secrecy thing.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Do you think that I thought that little argument was going to win the abortion debate?
Seriously?

Yes. You clearly tried to destroy part of my argument with a silly one liner used by every pro-lifer. You said it to me like i'd never even thought of the aspect that Abortion = Murder. Its emotionalism and it has no place in logical and mature debates.

I wonder what the statistics are for abortions, what that would look like in the graph?
How about suicides

Why not go and find out and bring your results back here? It still wont stop women seeking abortions. It wont change my mind on a woman's right over her own body. Your debate is futile. Please understand that i have made my decision about where i stand on abortion and feel no need to re-examine the issue.

Personal liberties for your average american have been attacked mercilessly since 2001. I agree that there is a War between the people and their governments.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Women are subject to far more abuse and that may account for the retaliation.
Just look at how the average woman is portrayed in the media, sex toys.

Wait? Did I miss something? They aren't? My mother always told me to eat my vegetables and for 4 years I always chose blondes. j/k or am I? ;-) But exploitation does work both ways and many, if not most, women are certainly willing to use anything they have or any skill-set they have acquired to get what they want.

I understand your point and agree with it, as a man, respecting women isnt something that we are taught as children or adults. Probably worth a little more investigation.

I think the problem is the militant rabid feminist movement. There is everything right in equality as far as personal worth, value for work, opinions, etc. but I really think the tail has been wagging the dog quite long enough, we don't need bloody quotas. If women are being murdered by men or men by women, it isn't right, but obviously there are some dead folks that did something wrong to seriously piss-off the other party. On another note, if women are capable of being vile demeaning bitches (which most men and women know they are or can be) and which is being promoted socially, they should be able to take the same in kind if they choose to dish it out, or STFU and play nicely, co-operation generally tends to trump competition. Murder however, is obviously not on the table. Courtesy, caring and compassion are givens in my opinion (or should be), but respect, that must be earned.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join