It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what insane looks like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
I think the society expects a lot from teens today and the media as well puts a lot of pressure on them.

Tell that to 'the greatest generation' .... the teenagers who went off to fight in World War II. THAT was pressure. What kids have today doesn't even come close to that.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: VoidHawk
This might sound weird, but that is exactly how I would expect a robot trying to be human to sound like.

Interesting thought!
Or, maybe thats what a Human under some kind of...drug induced control might sound like?

The guy blamed for the Cinema (batman) killings, he looked very out of it, like he was under some kind of drug induced control. Then there's the Sandy hook killer, there's been suggestions he was drugged and under someones control.
If those people really were under some kind of drug induced control then the next logical step for the controllers would be to create a character who'd make a video confession BEFORE he committed the crime!

Does that sound "Weird"

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosha

Wow I never viewed "the war on women" as literal.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I watched the video, and here is my take on it, because I work in mental health.

This video appears incredibly scripted. Something is highly wrong with the whole scenario.

1. The way the video is framed, the way he sets himself up so the setting sun is shining on his face making it all golden, with the palm trees in the background. It is set up like a director would set up a shot. I find this odd.

2. This young man does appear to be acting. Even the phony-baloney villain's laugh isn't genuine.

3. His affect is incredibly flat, and there is no emotion in his eyes. (Flat Affect: www.medterms.com...). I have seen a lot of flat and blunted affect, typically when the person is either in psychosis or from strong anti-psychotic medication. STILL...there is often something in their eyes, that is missing from this young man. For a guy talking about rejection, still being a virgin at 22 (which I do not buy.....any rich kid with a BMW can get some strange, even if he is a creepy jerk). I have talked to plenty of people with homicidal ideation, and this guy doesn't really fit the bill.

4. It isn't just that his emotions are blunted or flat, as he is showing arrogance, but it appears to be acting IMO.

5. For all the pain he claims to have gone through with rejection from women, etc., it doesn't show. Even psychotics with flat affect will have something in their eyes which shows some pain, or anger, even just a flash of it. Not seeing it with this guy. He seems like a bad actor to me.

6. The first thing his family does is scream for GUN CONTROL, and the first crimes this young man supposedly did were to stab three people to death. Not shoot them.

Something is very odd about all of this. I cannot buy the official story, and I do not believe that the young man in the video was legitimately homicidal and psychotic. If you just take his words, then yes, you can see antisocial personality disorder, a ridiculously overblown sense of entitlement, a narcissist, etc. But watch the video, try to see if you can see any pain or torture that he claims he endured over years. In fact, shut off the sound and just observe the face and eyes.

Bad actor, framed like a director would do it.

Plus, it takes a lot of passion and anger to stab three people to death. It's not like shooting people. You have to be pumped up, angry, and stab the person a few times in order to get lucky and hit an artery or a vital organ.

Put it together: He makes this video with no feelings whatsoever, despite his statement of all his hurt feelings and rejection. His story makes zero sense, because he has money, so he could have gotten at least one girl. Then, he goes on a stabbing spree. He would have been a bloody mess from it. Then, he gets a gun and drives around shooting people. His family immediately screams for gun control, ignoring the fact that issues such as mental illness and stabbing three people play a very large part in this whole deal.

I am very skeptical, all the way around.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Rosha

Wow I never viewed "the war on women" as literal.

Very few people do. It's not something on the news everyday.

This is like a topic another member started here earlier in the day. The topic was closed and now it is totally off the site. The topic was child abuse and why it isn't discussed here. (Ironic really, that the mods took it down)

The important issues that affect ordinary Americans every day are swept under the rug in favor of stories that tug at the patriotic heart-strings of Americans. "Oh my God......another 200 troops were killed last month" Never mind the 200 women here in America that were killed by their husbands.......last week. They have war propaganda to push down our throats to help justify their actions overseas, and their actions involve everything to do with making a profit from someone, somewhere and in any way possible.

There is no profit to be made to keep husbands from killing their wives. It would be pathetic if it weren't so disturbing. What is left is everyone standing around saying what a tragedy this is. The real tragedy is not being proactive against WHY people do this, so it doesn't happen in the first place. And that is never going to happen as long as people keep their focus where the media wants it, wars and earthquakes overseas, the issues with the latest i-pad and Miley Cyrus' butt.

(Bring the troops home. America needs to focus on America)

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
I watched the video, and here is my take on it, because I work in mental health.

This video appears incredibly scripted. Something is highly wrong with the whole scenario.

1. The way the video is framed, the way he sets himself up so the setting sun is shining on his face making it all golden, with the palm trees in the background. It is set up like a director would set up a shot. I find this odd.

2. This young man does appear to be acting. Even the phony-baloney villain's laugh isn't genuine.

3. His affect is incredibly flat, and there is no emotion in his eyes. (Flat Affect: www.medterms.com...). I have seen a lot of flat and blunted affect, typically when the person is either in psychosis or from strong anti-psychotic medication. STILL...there is often something in their eyes, that is missing from this young man. For a guy talking about rejection, still being a virgin at 22 (which I do not buy.....any rich kid with a BMW can get some strange, even if he is a creepy jerk). I have talked to plenty of people with homicidal ideation, and this guy doesn't really fit the bill.

4. It isn't just that his emotions are blunted or flat, as he is showing arrogance, but it appears to be acting IMO.

5. For all the pain he claims to have gone through with rejection from women, etc., it doesn't show. Even psychotics with flat affect will have something in their eyes which shows some pain, or anger, even just a flash of it. Not seeing it with this guy. He seems like a bad actor to me.

6. The first thing his family does is scream for GUN CONTROL, and the first crimes this young man supposedly did were to stab three people to death. Not shoot them.

Something is very odd about all of this. I cannot buy the official story, and I do not believe that the young man in the video was legitimately homicidal and psychotic. If you just take his words, then yes, you can see antisocial personality disorder, a ridiculously overblown sense of entitlement, a narcissist, etc. But watch the video, try to see if you can see any pain or torture that he claims he endured over years. In fact, shut off the sound and just observe the face and eyes.

Bad actor, framed like a director would do it.

Plus, it takes a lot of passion and anger to stab three people to death. It's not like shooting people. You have to be pumped up, angry, and stab the person a few times in order to get lucky and hit an artery or a vital organ.

Put it together: He makes this video with no feelings whatsoever, despite his statement of all his hurt feelings and rejection. His story makes zero sense, because he has money, so he could have gotten at least one girl. Then, he goes on a stabbing spree. He would have been a bloody mess from it. Then, he gets a gun and drives around shooting people. His family immediately screams for gun control, ignoring the fact that issues such as mental illness and stabbing three people play a very large part in this whole deal.

I am very skeptical, all the way around.
I agree with all you said and pointed to some of this earlier. For an angry person, he showed little anger and was too calm and collected for a person who was supposed to be enraged enough to commit multiple homicides.

A few points of note. The names of "the three men" he allegedly killed have not been released. Why? Also, he is "international". He was born in London and his aunt (father's sister) lives in France. She's already calling for "America to change their gun laws." Wanted to know why "such a sick boy could purchase guns."

Strange times. Strange times.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I watched the vids and thought the exact same thing. Something seems very, very off. And, NOT in the way one might expect.

Everything in the video seemed fake, and it also conveniently highlighted all of the "issues" that older generations have with younger generations in a nice, neat little bundle (I am sure you noticed the reactions on this thread).

If everything happened as it is claimed, then I guess we are lucky that he didnt become a serial killer. Because, honestly, he seems to fit into that profile better than a single day of hurting people.

Its also interesting to see how women and men are reacting to this... I wonder if the next step of division will be to continue with the race stuff, but start fostering gender conflicts as well. Perhaps even try to splice age-inspired conflicts as well. Time will tell, but to those of us watching for it, it will be obvious.
edit on 25-5-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wonder if he had any pets? Along with the poisons we ingest quite orten animals can influence our mental wellness.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

While I agree with everything you wrote, this comment that I bolded stands out to me because while I was watching that video my brain was telling me that this looked like a very bad actor... but that poorly acted maniacal laugh - it's like there was some director off to the side reminding him to laugh like a maniac ever now and then. And it sounded so fakey and poorly acted that it just made what he did... it just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up knowing what (supposedly?) came next.

But yeah, something about this whole scenario doesn't seem to add up. Does that say something about us? The fact that, when a horrible crime like this happens, we question the events?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

A few points of note. The names of "the three men" he allegedly killed have not been released. Why? Also, he is "international". He was born in London and his aunt (father's sister) lives in France. She's already calling for "America to change their gun laws." Wanted to know why "such a sick boy could purchase guns."

Strange times. Strange times.

Well, it would be very difficult for the NWO (or whatever secret group) to take over control of America with such an overwhelmingly armed population... these kind of events seem to be increasing - it's like "they" are setting the stage for real nationwide gun confiscations or something...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
I thought he made some good points.

What part of what he said are good points? Looking at you, because we can't afford to look away.

My thoughts exactly when I read that post...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Everything in the video seemed fake

I'm with you on this statement.

I saw two videos. Didn't make it past the first minute of either of them. Felt like there was a message being delivered that wasn't true. If this wasn't a sensational story, I wouldn't have started either one to begin with.

I'm pretty sure it took a lot of personal effort for this kid to just remain on the fringe of American society. He certainly didn't look like he belonged.

I think the parents should take an awful lot of the responsibility for rearing a monster.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes, some of y'all are seeing it too. He says everything one would expect a young psycho-killer to say if it were scripted for TV.

Keep in mind that flat or blunted affect can be caused by antipsychotic drugs as well as schizophrenia, but at least there is *something* in the eyes or speech which lets us know how much mental pain they're in.

I'm going with this kid acting. So far, nobody is stating positively that the kid in the videos is the one who committed the crime, either. I may be behind on this story a little, but the MSM is now going with him being a misogynistic weirdo and not mentally ill. Yet I cannot find the sex of the three people he stabbed to death. Anybody know this info?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes, some of y'all are seeing it too. He says everything one would expect a young psycho-killer to say if it were scripted for TV.

Keep in mind that flat or blunted affect can be caused by antipsychotic drugs as well as schizophrenia, but at least there is *something* in the eyes or speech which lets us know how much mental pain they're in.

I'm going with this kid acting. So far, nobody is stating positively that the kid in the videos is the one who committed the crime, either. I may be behind on this story a little, but the MSM is now going with him being a misogynistic weirdo and not mentally ill. Yet I cannot find the sex of the three people he stabbed to death. Anybody know this info?

Read his "manifesto" then rewatch the videos. His desire for fame, fortune, being idolized for being "magnificent" and having beautiful blondes have sex with him was his obsession.

With his family history of being "hollywood types" not getting him all that he desired, he realized that he would have to do it on his own. I think the manifesto and the videos were to be his legacy and his way to fame. He planned them carefully and according to his twisted thinking.

I only read once in the manifesto about any medications being prescribed. A psychiatrist prescribed risperdal and when Elliot looked the medicine up, he decided that it was the "wrong" medication and would not take it. I got the impression that Elliot saw himself as only having social anxiety and he definitely did not see himself as being mentally ill.

As for the gender of the stabbing victims, it was stated that they were his roommates. The apartment complex was for college students and the apartment management matched roommates according to gender. Elliot flitted around the complex trying to find roommates that he could get along with without success. His first phase of the retribution was first kill his roommates and then lure other unsuspecting people to his apartment to flay and torture them.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Just going off of what I read in his whacked out manifesto, I believe they were his roommates. He hated them, and claimed he wanted to kill them on his "Day of Retribution."

I've had some extra time...I was curious and read most of it. I can't make up my mind on whether this is an actor or not. I've known guys who are self entitled, and get mad if you don't like them back...like ANGRY. But nothing to this extent.

It's already been posted on ATS somewhere (I can't remember which thread I found it on), but here is his manifesto, all 141 pages of it...
Read if you dare

www.mediaite.com...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NiteNGale2

You beat me to it...and more articulated, I might add.

But yes, Fission, read the manifesto, if you have time. It's baffling, to say the least. Damn near shook my head off my neck.

I also want to point out that the word, "Skateboarder," stood out to me a lot. I'm not that old, but back in my day, we just called them "skaters." Avril Lavigne made her debut with Skater Boy around the same time...who the heck says skateboarder? In reading that entire thing, that word stuck out to me a lot. I have not heard that word since I was a kid in the 90's.
Am I the only one slightly bothered by this?

edit on 25-5-2014 by Britster1821 because: spelling error I couldn't let sit there

edit on 25-5-2014 by Britster1821 because: forgot to add something

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Looks like a psychopath. Reads like a psychopath.

The 'bad acting' vibe, a lot of psychopaths have that because they're trying to mimic what they think real human emotions look like, whereas in truth there is just nothing going on behind the cold dead eyes.

I think he heavily scripted his own videos, and then read them out. The guy clearly had a background in video production, because of the way they're shot, which give his family... hardly a surprise.

I'm not seeing a conspiracy, I'm seeing a bona-fide psychopath.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He's not an ugly kid. He should have looked inside himself as to why he was still a virgin with no prospects in sight. It seems he had a martyr attitude from the get go and thought with all of his money he shouldn't have to try to be a likable person. He thought they should think he was worthy based on what he had and not who he was.

I agree with the others that say its narcissism.

What a sad human being.

My sympathies go out to all the families and loved ones. Even his. They knew and tried to get him help. Sad all the way around.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I read the entire manifesto, if anyone has any questions.. shoot. Although, I don't think this is worth discussing because there is absolutely no conspiracy here.

The kid was mentally troubled, had a sour temprer, and illusions of grandeur. He got very offended at any sign of disrespect, betrayal, inferiority, etc.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Even if he had had sex with some girl, if she broke up with him or decided not to be with him, he would have hunted her down, dragged her into the peaceful woods , and killed her. He is/was that person.....I agree the video was odd, but he meant what he was saying. When he was talking about going to the sorority and slaying the blondes , he was envisioning it at the same time in his mind ...and I guessing he was slaying people like they do in a video game. I bet he played a lot of video games too. I'm glad he's gone, there was something. Wrong with him. Bad wiring....Too bad he took others with him though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join