It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret gathering of ATS members

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have been thinking this morning of what it might be like if ATS had an annual gathering of members.

I imagine a two part gathering where we rent a large venue in the city, sort of like a fairgrounds for the first location. Members could rent space to sell there wares, food etc. In other parts we could have seminars of all sorts of things from underwater alien base camps to wilderness survival to gardening. We could have stages set up for music, short movies, games and booths for showing art or inventions.

In the second location things could be a bit less formal. Maybe a national park or a very large campground where folks could stay for cheap or free. There could be activities planned here as well for small and big kids. Music and cookouts all night. A place where we could visit and share conversations around the campfire in a relaxed outdoor atmosphere.

I imagine the whole thing could be like a mixture of TED talks, Pow Wow, Rendezvous, Rock concert and Gem and mineral show all wrapped into one fantastic week, all with a twist of conspiracy.

I know, I know, you say it would be a great chance for us all to be rounded up at the same time and chucked into the FEMA camp right? Well I'd risk it, maybe it would be a good chance for the aliens to finally make first contact...

I'd probably be willing to fork out 250$ plus travel halfway across country to be able to see and converse with the folks here.

Imagine the opportunity to see Beezer sitting on a fluffy couch eating carrots behind one of those little trailers you see at the carnival, 5$ to see the human rabbit, but when you got back there it was fake!?! Phage could bring his ginormous telescope and we could all get a five second glimpse of the real truth. I can almost guarantee that I wouldn't leave with less than 20 lbs of Destinyone's amazing home made soap.

Maybe it's just a silly imagination, but we are all part of a big family of sorts, maybe a digital family in a social aspect, but I think we would be shocked to realise that we are much more alike than we think, plus it could be fun as hell. We'd have the opportunity to share resources in a more face to face fashion, and make alliances that last a life time. It could solidify and confirm our community in a way.

What say you guys? Would you make the trip? How far would you be willing to travel or pay for tickets? More importantly, what would you bring to sell/display or entertain?
edit on 24-5-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

+21 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If our meeting would be anything like the attitudes we have towards each other on this site, I believe we would all form into groups and endlessly yell at the other groups.
edit on 24-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Broke but I am debt free....

I would scrap like a Breezer or a Wabbit 2000 to find the funds to be there.....

Any where any time....

LOL so will be the man with recording devices....

or

Drones

hmmmm wrong forum that is a conspiracy LOL

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
If our meeting would be anything like the attitudes we have towards each other on this site, I believe we would all form into groups and endlessly yell at the other groups.

I would expect huge fist-fights to erupt too, haha.

In all seriousness though, the OP's idea isn't a bad one...though i would be worried, considering some of the people this site attracts.
lol.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I would bet that you'd see just the opposite. Face to face people would be a lot more courteous and a bit of animosity might even diminish. On the flip side the online presence might even become a little more pleasant.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I agree it would be lovely to meet and actually be nice to each other and share the bits we do agree on. And shout/erm/discuss the bits we don't

However I do love a discussion and ATS gives us the forum to say what we think. I'd certainly like to be there. NB we are spread out a bit though. I suspect the British forum will meet down the pub and we will fight as to which pub before we get to the ATS part. Looking good.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It cant be top secret if we all know!
LoL

I can see some fights developing if indeed there were to be a gathering so probably best to host it in a nation that prohibits the carrying and use of firearms!

+6 more 
posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I sit in the back..

in the corner...

in the dark.....

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I have 32 cents in my pocket. I'd be willing to submit to alien testing to get to the gathering.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I sit in the back..

in the corner...

in the dark.....
[]

Doing seminars on ancient technology right? Remember this was my idea, I want seats in the first row.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hi Quauhtli!!

I would be there in a heartbeat!
But...I will be in disguise, lol.

jacygirl

P.S. Some member have met up. A small group from The Shed thread are getting together next weekend. It's 'across the pond' in Scotland, so I can't go. I would love to attend an ATS gathering!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Anybody here do screen printing? I want a couple T-shirts with my avatar.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I have enough material to bore people for about a good 45 minute presentation

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Eh jacy....you let the cat out of the bag.....The Gathering was a secret
.......NOT! This is ATS after all!

I think Gordi has a few ideas, as do I, along the lines Quauhtli has outlined....we'll see what happens this side of the Pond!

To everyone else who think in any way a meet up would probably end up as it does on the forums are very much mistaken. I have organised 4 meet ups for another forum, and they were fab. You see, if there is a thread organising a meet up, only people who genuinely want to attend with good intentions in their heart usually get there. Yes of course there will be some who wish with all their heart they could be there, but for whatever reason can't make it. My experience of meet ups have taught me several things. They forge great friendships. A lot of people are even nicer in real life. You form a network of people that you can ask their advice and guidance where as you might not necessarily be aware of their 'hidden talent' on the forum.

If I may make a suggestion to our American cousins. Arrange lots of small meet ups in all your various states, not a 'national' one. It would enable far more people to attend their local 'chapter' but also give the option to those who can travel further afield to do so, and perhaps be able to offer a lift to somebody from your chapter to go with you. From small acorns mighty oak tress do grow

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 24-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Aww c'mon....I'm just SO jealous that I won't be with you guys!

I only came here to try to read a bit, but when I saw this thread...I just knew I had to use that pic (that Gordi put up in The Shed)....it was too funny not to share.

I think an ATS convention would be a blast!
jacygirl

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think a lot of members would approach the site hiding on the nearby hill top to look down at the meeting place through binoculars. That would be the meeting I would want to attend.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would buy the movie :>)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Im on the pool table winning money
If there's one thing im good at its that
All and everyone welcome to a game

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I sit in the back..

in the corner...

in the dark.....

Yeah, freakin' people out no doubt...

edit on 24/5/14 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Pssst.....I've written up your 'rescue' btw

OT....as I suggested....start smaller.....note I didn't say small....you guys don't seem to have that word in your vocabulary lol!

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join