It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I asked a man from Japan how he felt about Fukishima, and his country's sinking landscape.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: bigman88

Just what makes this one person an expert on the situation?

Not a damn thing but the doctored info he is given by the company and government handling it.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
As any science journal will tell you the only dangers posed by Fukishima are for the people in the immediate area as part of the clean up. I think that people sometimes forget the US, UK and France have set off over 300 nulcear weapons in the Pacific any one of which was worse than what happened at Fukishima. The fact is the Pacific is massive and easly able to disipate radition safely. So let us just put this in perspective.

This is an extrodinary response. Since you are an expert you might want to tell people here what effect radiation has on the the human expression of consciousness through the body?

You probably know more then all of us put together, so please tell us at what point does the cumulative total of radiation on the planet simply make expressing yourself a pointless effort due to being unable to express the Soul through the body completely? At what point does Earth finally decide that enough is enough. It would seem that your response indicates you know the answer.

The idea that because we detonated 300 bombs makes Fukushima okay is the logic of a in human child and not a human. That is like say, "gee officer, I know I broke my wife's jaw but last time it was way worse when I broke both her legs - so let me off." You have no, absolutely no idea how the endless amounts of radiation dumped by the Mafia in italy, chernobly, the sub dumps in the artic, WIPP, 60 years of fukushima and on and on will inhibit the ability to express ones self. You have no idea, even if you are some junior scientist you have no access to the real details of what happens to Earth when all of this reaches a critical point.

To somehow suggest the problem isn't a problem because the ocean is big enough to deal with it is the kind of incomprehensible statement that only an internet warrior can make. The reason for all of the waste to begin with is that some folks needed weapons to kill your family and you, so they demanded you pay for the creation of those weapons and deal with the waste they had no intention of ever dealing with. To defend that mentality is disturbing to say the least.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Considering the japanese habit of downplaying such things, I would guess the person you met is a fine example of someone buying into gov't propaganda.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Fukushima is a huge coverup by Tepco and the Japanese Government.

Last night's episode of Vice on HBO featured Fukushima.

They repeated something I had seen on youtube about a year ago, but with one HUGE difference. The original youtube video did the same experiment in an area that was still off limits to human habitation.

The Japanese Government has radiation monitoring stations all over the Fukushima area to assure residents that the radiation levels are relatively low and "safe".

Last nights show featured one of these monitoring next to a playground full of little kids swinging and playing. The air monitoring station showed a relatively low level of radiation. The problem is, these stations only monitor the levels of radiation about 4-5 in the air.......

They walked 20 feet from the monitoring station towards the playground where you could see kids playing just a few feet away and laid a geiger counter on the ground..... the reading was MAGNITUDES higher that what the "air monitoring" station 20 feet away was showing.

People have been allowed to return to areas they have absolutely no business at all living in.... especially with young children.

Things are much much worse in an area probably 100 kilometers or more from Fukushima than Tepco or the Japanese government will ever ever admit to.
edit on R382014-05-24T14:38:33-05:00k385Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

Not a damn thing but the doctored info he is given by the company and government handling it.

Considering the sheepish conforming, non-confrontational nature of the Japanese people culture, I believe you are correct.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I think I would take him at his,word. If there was a significant risk I know there are watchdog groups,who would know how to get the right kind of attention and have it addressed. I'm going to trust the average Joe guy.
What is this about water spouting out of concrete? And a thinning damaged ground what is that? How is the ground water raising and what action is eroding the coast line?
These sound like big ecological concerns for the island.

The average Joe may, or may not know sh*t, just like any special Mortimer. Many groups are going up against the government and TEPCO to get things sorted out, and get some answers, but you know how that's going, they ain't saying a damn thin until they feel like, and then it usually heavily doctored and PR'D. I don't think they can roll right up to the site and have a look and examine; radiation in the area and armed guards would not let that happen readily.

About Japan's sea level and weak foundations...

I am reading that it really tilted on the east into the ocean, while the west, and the mountainous areas, actually rose.
oh you've been there? You know first hand there are armed guards keeping people away? Because if you've been there you are someone everyone wants to hear from.
Or are you in another country all together and know as much as this Mortimer does?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Pacific is I repeat is so big that it can handle the radiation from the plant. You can look it up yourself if you're willing to consider someone else's opinion.
un reply to: crankyoldman

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here's something to consider deeply. It's been three years and no radiation is being detected on the west coast by watchdog groups who are known whistle blowers. No effects are being seen in sea life. No effects are being seen in birth rates and no deformities from radiation are being reported. Why? If the situation is sooooo dire, if the conditions are so bad, why are we not seeing the effects of radiation poisoning? Remember these watchdog groups are on our side. Not the corporate side. These are our people who's only concern is outing the bad guys.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Here's something to consider deeply. It's been three years and no radiation is being detected on the west coast by watchdog groups who are known whistle blowers. No effects are being seen in sea life. No effects are being seen in birth rates and no deformities from radiation are being reported. Why? If the situation is sooooo dire, if the conditions are so bad, why are we not seeing the effects of radiation poisoning? Remember these watchdog groups are on our side. Not the corporate side. These are our people who's only concern is outing the bad guys.

Would you happen to have links to these watchdog groups on our side and their results?

As for the comment on no effects being seen in sea life - there are testimonials from people who are seeing huge problems - they cannot guarantee it's from Fukushima - but problems nonetheless and Fukushima is the suspect based on the timing and currents. Recently there was a posting about someone from Hawaii noticing a huge difference in sea life. No, they're not scientists, just people who have lived and observed all their lives.

As far as reporting... there is and always has been concerted efforts to NOT report problems so there is no way to accurately state they don't exist either. A female crew member from the US ship currently suing was pregnant and gave birth to a baby with multiple defects attributed to Fukushima.

As for radiation on the west coast - a couple years back they tested air filters in Seattle and found Fukushima hot particles in it. How do these equate "no" effects? My prediction is cancer rates will (are) going up (again) but as I said before, no one will attribute them to radiation just like they don't attribute cancer to radiation today.

I personally don't want to eat or breathe radioactive hot particles known to cause cancer. Fukushima isn't over, not by a long shot.

As for the ocean 'handling' all that radiation - yes is a large body of water - and has been said umpteen zillion times before radiation accumulates in the food chain. The stuff does not dissipate, it hangs around for days or thousands of years depending on its half lives. Has only been 3 years... they are not allowing freedom of the press out of Japan for a reason.... and they have been caught lying numerous times WAY underestimating the magnitude of the problem and levels of radioactivity released. It's a sham (and shame) no matter what way you look at it.
edit on 25-5-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Its been 3 years....

3 years is nothing in terms of radioactivity.

I suggest you look at the pale blue butterfly study.

Pale blue butterflies have a life span of 30 days... from birth to death.... this makes them an excellent study group as you can observe several generations in just months.

They fed larvae collected from Okinawa a diet of nice leafs collected from the Fukushima area.

The amount of defects in the first generation was astounding (of those that survived,,,most just died outright)..... problem is, it got higher in the second generation... and even higher in the 3rd generation... this is the future of the people who live in the radiation released by Fukushima.

edit on R582014-05-25T12:58:26-05:00k585Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R592014-05-25T12:59:11-05:00k595Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crankyoldman

originally posted by: MrSpad
As any science journal will tell you the only dangers posed by Fukishima are for the people in the immediate area as part of the clean up. I think that people sometimes forget the US, UK and France have set off over 300 nulcear weapons in the Pacific any one of which was worse than what happened at Fukishima. The fact is the Pacific is massive and easly able to disipate radition safely. So let us just put this in perspective.

This is an extrodinary response. Since you are an expert you might want to tell people here what effect radiation has on the the human expression of consciousness through the body?

You probably know more then all of us put together, so please tell us at what point does the cumulative total of radiation on the planet simply make expressing yourself a pointless effort due to being unable to express the Soul through the body completely? At what point does Earth finally decide that enough is enough. It would seem that your response indicates you know the answer.

The idea that because we detonated 300 bombs makes Fukushima okay is the logic of a in human child and not a human. That is like say, "gee officer, I know I broke my wife's jaw but last time it was way worse when I broke both her legs - so let me off." You have no, absolutely no idea how the endless amounts of radiation dumped by the Mafia in italy, chernobly, the sub dumps in the artic, WIPP, 60 years of fukushima and on and on will inhibit the ability to express ones self. You have no idea, even if you are some junior scientist you have no access to the real details of what happens to Earth when all of this reaches a critical point.

To somehow suggest the problem isn't a problem because the ocean is big enough to deal with it is the kind of incomprehensible statement that only an internet warrior can make. The reason for all of the waste to begin with is that some folks needed weapons to kill your family and you, so they demanded you pay for the creation of those weapons and deal with the waste they had no intention of ever dealing with. To defend that mentality is disturbing to say the least.

I don't think the dude was in any way saying that all of this is okay, and the ones responsible for not handling this effectively with everyone's lives as primary concern should get a free pass on this.

But despite my lack of detailed knowledge of anything nuclear and radiation, the ocean simply dissipating the nuclear waste sounds like a big understatement. I don'y want to say failure to grasp knowledge of this and that; i'm not even well read in radiation and it's properties at all, but i do know that stuff is EXTREMELY deadly, and that it still hangs in the air at Chernobyl enough that NOBODY hangs around there. It's not healthy. The very fact that it is in water mean that it will be a bit more difficult for the radiation to deform into nothing, if that's what radiation does. Then it is millions of gallons of water too. Flooding into the oceans for a couple years. This has already resulted in some fish on U.S. shores ending up with radiation reading.

I am not surprised that radiation can effect the neurological functions of the brain which can inhibit full expression of the human mind and soul to the outward physical world. And i did not know the mafia had a hand in dumping radiation.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Fukushima is a huge coverup by Tepco and the Japanese Government.

Last night's episode of Vice on HBO featured Fukushima.

They repeated something I had seen on youtube about a year ago, but with one HUGE difference. The original youtube video did the same experiment in an area that was still off limits to human habitation.

The Japanese Government has radiation monitoring stations all over the Fukushima area to assure residents that the radiation levels are relatively low and "safe".

Last nights show featured one of these monitoring next to a playground full of little kids swinging and playing. The air monitoring station showed a relatively low level of radiation. The problem is, these stations only monitor the levels of radiation about 4-5 in the air.......

They walked 20 feet from the monitoring station towards the playground where you could see kids playing just a few feet away and laid a geiger counter on the ground..... the reading was MAGNITUDES higher that what the "air monitoring" station 20 feet away was showing.

People have been allowed to return to areas they have absolutely no business at all living in.... especially with young children.

Things are much much worse in an area probably 100 kilometers or more from Fukushima than Tepco or the Japanese government will ever ever admit to.

I don't like VICE, but i am glad you pointed out this detail.

I think this incident, if it was not orchestrated, is being used by the world elite for weakening of the human race. There is just too much laxness here i feel.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Considering the sheepish conforming, non-confrontational nature of the Japanese people culture, I believe you are correct.

As i said before, Japan's pop culture is more pervasive, overstimulating, nauseating, and hypersexualized than the US. The population is severely distracted with too much entertainment, where it becomes there life. Instead of havign sex, men do whatever with a virtual reality girl on some game. Women are more interested in working.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think I would take him at his,word. If there was a significant risk I know there are watchdog groups,who would know how to get the right kind of attention and have it addressed. I'm going to trust the average Joe guy.
What is this about water spouting out of concrete? And a thinning damaged ground what is that? How is the ground water raising and what action is eroding the coast line?
These sound like big ecological concerns for the island.

The average Joe may, or may not know sh*t, just like any special Mortimer. Many groups are going up against the government and TEPCO to get things sorted out, and get some answers, but you know how that's going, they ain't saying a damn thin until they feel like, and then it usually heavily doctored and PR'D. I don't think they can roll right up to the site and have a look and examine; radiation in the area and armed guards would not let that happen readily.

About Japan's sea level and weak foundations...

I am reading that it really tilted on the east into the ocean, while the west, and the mountainous areas, actually rose.
oh you've been there? You know first hand there are armed guards keeping people away? Because if you've been there you are someone everyone wants to hear from.
Or are you in another country all together and know as much as this Mortimer does?

I guess i was too quick to assume that armed guards will be stationed within the vicinity of a nuclear power plant facility, like they do all over the world. Silly me. I can really be wrong about this one though, i guess there are no personnel there of any kind, and people can mosey right on in without drawing any attention from people working there. IDK. got me there.

As i have said before, i don't know but what i read and watch from mainstream and alternative news. Then i utilize my very limited knowledge of anything nuclear and radiation, then come to my own conclusion.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

the man is right, I was there in Fukushima the day Tsunami shakes the reactors, it was so crazy and horrible and the first thing i did it was driving toward tokyo and get first available flight to Vietnam
however, i am in Japan again and hope things like that never happen again

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
you know it only take a "leeeeetle bit" of a concentrate to make a whole lot of something. and continue to put that "leeeeetle bit" in some thing makes it a whole lot.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Honestly, how did you keep a straight face at his answer?

I laughed out loud reading the OPs post. I hope you laughed out loud in his face at his response, I have a desperate urge to track him down & do so.

As for Fukushima news,

ENEnews.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join