It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. High Court Halts Execution of Inmate Claiming Rare Health Defect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What's so diffrent about the prision population to the general population?

You're already tried and convicted by a jury of your peers, whats so diffrent about being ripped apart by them also?

This gives everyone who wants it a chance for their pound of flesh, from someone who forfeited their rights. It also let's the murderes in society release their agression, kind of like ending prohabition...

I'm a lover not a fighter so these type of event's would not interest me, but just tossing that option out there...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
He is afraid of the pain or outcome? I imagine his victims had the same thoughts because of him. Give him a choice of lethal injection or bullet.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Killing others but paying with your life is cruel and unusual punishment? Cruel would be being fed to lions.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Agreed. I'm against any state given the power to kill. But if it must be done, why not anesthetize the person until unconscious then place two large caliber guns point blank, one above the head, one above the heart, set the triggers to three buttons so no one person knows who did it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In light of the recent death chamber debacles I think the Lawyers found just the right string to pull. What if they botch it?

They got frightened and put a hold on so they can review the claim. Its still on, just a delay of game. They'll find out its only liars-- I mean lawyers talk.

Maybe they should put the lawyers in there with him? Aiding and abetting a known felon. Ins't that a crime?

Lol, just kidding.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I don't agree with the death penalty, it is an outdated practice. So I am in favor when anyone gets a stay from execution.

You want to see where we rank in the world for executions???? Right behind Iran, Iraq, and Saudia Arabia....following us is Yemen, Sudan, and Afganistan. Why are we the only developed country lumped in with these third world countries???
cdn.static-economist.com...

Most countries have abolished the death penalty...why must we live in such a backwards and culturally stunted society when we are supposed to be a civilized country.

The reason our prisons are so crowded is because we jail to many non-violent criminals...lets save jail time for violent criminals and everyone else can pay fines and community service.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if he dies a natural death due to his medical condition and it is extremely painful?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So... Why is it that a person who shows no concern for the health and well being of others, should be treated better than they treated their victims?

I personally believe that if lethal injection would not be appropriate, due to his medical condition, that the executioner should have had the condemned man strapped to a chair, and should have placed a shotgun barrel beneath the convicts chin, and blown his teeth and jaw out through the back of his head.

I think that it is fair to say, that in all but an instance of failed suicide, this method rarely fails to eliminate the target, and if delivered at the optimum angle, will put out the lights fast enough to prevent "undue suffering".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The only reason they should halt this execution is to take some time to think of the most horrific method known to make this execution as painful and torturous as possible for this pos.
Firepiston

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So his illness may or may not hurt him up to the moments the lethal injection kills him? Okay, here's a cheap solution. Go to walmart buy some cheap ammo and shoot the man in the head? Execution was state approved - get on with it

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
10 foot of 200 gr per foot primer cord around the neck and a blasting cap.

the guy will never feel anything as his head pops off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join